Thanks for the tips!!
    05-13-08 08:01 AM
    Not to be a wet blanket, but most of these shortcuts are in the manual and in the phone's help files. There used to be an old internet jargon we used a lot: RTFM!

LOL...that said, it's still good to have it here for reference.
    05-15-08 02:07 AM
    I just got my curve 8330, and I must say, it is more than I had hoped for.

One feature I always used was muting my ringer on my phone with one button push. Is there a way to do this on the BB without having to get into the profiles?

Thanks for all the great help!!
    05-17-08 09:15 PM
    To get the accents associated with the Spanish language such as �, �, �, etc., hold down the letter while you roll the trackball to get the desired accent.

To get the upside down ? or ! hold down the V and B respectively while holding the trackball. You will also find that holding a particular character while rolling the trackball will also give you other useful symbols.

However, I think the above tip only works with the Blackberry 8830 WE or any other PDA with a trackball.

Belinda Agosto
    Principal Broker
    La Gente Realty
    3611 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road
    Charlotte, NC 28216
    704.200.8823 ~ DIRECT

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*

Visit Charlotte, NC & you will quickly
    understand why it's on Forbes top 10 &
    why our economy is booming. Charlotte
    was featured in CNN & AP as the ONLY city
    in the country with significant home price
    increases; yet still remains one of the most
    affordable cities in the country. We have
    been touted as the "City of the Young &
    Restless!"

BB newbie here. These tips are great. I have been having trouble, however, getting one of them to work on my phone. I have been able to create the spanish accents in the "memo" section, but not in an SMS message. Am I doing something wrong on my curve 8330? Is it possible to include the spanish accents in a text message on my BB?

Thanks for the help!
    05-19-08 07:16 AM
    very helpful list thanks
    now i don't have to constantly press the trackball down to reply to a txt!
    05-19-08 07:23 PM
    I've never seen this posted yet so it may be well known, but I found it by accident: alt + enter = locks phone
    05-22-08 10:40 PM
    Do you know if there is a shortcut to change my phone profile from Normal to Quiet without having to go through the entire menu options? Can I make this a convenience key?
    06-05-08 10:18 AM
    Yes you can, you can make the profile the right or left side...
    06-05-08 10:21 AM
    Is there a shortcut to "send" msg without hitting the menu button?
    i just hit my trackball twice
    06-05-08 11:31 AM
    * To lock the keyboard from the Home screen, hold the asterisk ( * ) key.
    * To switch between the Default and Vibrate notification profiles, from the Home screen, hold the pound ( # ) key.
    I believe these two are specific to the Pearl. Like srd05c said, alt-enter on the Curve locks the keyboard. Anyone know a Curve equivalent for # to switch notification profiles? I've searched the doc and forums but haven't found anything yet.
    06-07-08 12:21 PM
    On my Curve 8310 when in Media>Ring Tones I can play a sound but cannot press "n" to go to the next sound or "p" to go to previous like i can when in Media>Music. Is this right? Is there a keyboard shortcut or do you always have to play, go back, play, go back, etc.
    06-11-08 01:01 PM
    I've never seen this posted yet so it may be well known, but I found it by accident: alt + enter = locks phone
    This was a great tip! I tried it out and then ooo'd and aaah'd because it worked. I did it again to show my friend 20 sec later only to see my bb shut off. So now I know alt + enter twice shuts down the bb lol.
    06-11-08 11:34 PM
    free bump..
    06-12-08 12:30 PM
    On my Curve 8310 when in Media>Ring Tones I can play a sound but cannot press "n" to go to the next sound or "p" to go to previous like i can when in Media>Music. Is this right? Is there a keyboard shortcut or do you always have to play, go back, play, go back, etc.
    I figured out a way to get around this:

1. Click the "Media" icon
    2. Press the menu button and select "Explore" (i didn't even know this was there!)

Now you can hit the menu button again on a song/ringtone file and play and it plays in the media player, but now you can press "n" and "p". Not sure why this way works but if you go in through the main media screen you can't do it.

The "explore" option is nice to actually see the folder structure i have put on my SD card. I organize out my ringtones into folders and if you go through the normal media>ringtones, you don't see those folders.
    06-15-08 11:12 AM
    wow helpful tips! thanks
    06-15-08 07:03 PM
    This should be a sticky!!!
    06-26-08 10:54 AM
    Not to be a wet blanket, but most of these shortcuts are in the manual and in the phone's help files. There used to be an old internet jargon we used a lot: RTFM!

LOL...that said, it's still good to have it here for reference.
    Thank you for posting these tips. I have referred to this several times while I have been learning them. I guess I don't have a photographic memory since I actually did "RTFM" and appreciate quickly accessing this site from my desktop at work....:
    06-26-08 02:40 PM
    When you cell signal is a number like -92 or -102...Is lower better?
    06-29-08 01:35 AM
    great info. thanks for the post
    07-02-08 10:53 PM
    Good to know, good post, thanks!
    07-05-08 11:44 PM
    awesome stuff for a new user, thanks
    07-06-08 01:23 PM
    I am going nuts trying to remember this: when in a memo or composing an Email or text, what are the typing shortcuts to plug in the current date and the current time???
    07-06-08 01:29 PM
    Man this is Good Stuff! Good lookin out!
    07-10-08 01:31 PM
    This was a great tip! I tried it out and then ooo'd and aaah'd because it worked. I did it again to show my friend 20 sec later only to see my bb shut off. So now I know alt + enter twice shuts down the bb lol.
    When I press alt enter on my 8310 it brings up english language selection. Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 10:44 AM
    I would also like to know what the shortcut is for date/time stamp.

07-13-08 08:00 AM
372 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD