Hello all....I've never used any type of Hybrid OS but I see one for the 9930 built by OSS. There hasn't been an update for the 9930 in quite a while and the 9900 has just received the .523... I'm not quite sure of the installation procedure. ( I've been searching this topic for a while with no results) Any thoughts?
    06-28-12 09:46 PM
    I have used lots of hybrids. I like them. There are some who question whether they really have any advantage, but I have found some make your device run smoother and the battery life can be improved. With regards to this hybrid, I just loaded it last night and so far so good.

There are many instructions on how to load hybrids. This one you download the leaked 402 for the 9930 to your computer. Delete vendor file. Download zip file for hybrid and then replace existing files in 402 with hybrid files. Run app loader and you are good to go.
    keyhole likes this.
    06-29-12 07:46 AM
    I have used lots of hybrids. I like them. There are some who question whether they really have any advantage, but I have found some make your device run smoother and the battery life can be improved. With regards to this hybrid, I just loaded it last night and so far so good.

There are many instructions on how to load hybrids. This one you download the leaked 402 for the 9930 to your computer. Delete vendor file. Download zip file for hybrid and then replace existing files in 402 with hybrid files. Run app loader and you are good to go.
    I may have to give this a shot today. Never used a hybrid but then again, there was a time that I didn't know how to upgrade a leak or remove vendor files!! Thanks.....
    06-29-12 08:32 AM
    Here is a guide I made up for installing hybrids. There are many others on CB also. OSSBB Tutorial: How-to Install a hybrid.zip
    07-01-12 09:43 PM
    may i suggest some Hybrid that has been posted here, u may choose Barracuda Hybrid series
    07-03-12 08:03 AM
    hey Keyhole....I have been running the hybrid since I mentioned it to you the other day....it is excellent! give it a go you will be very pleased.....and if ya have any questions the folks at OSBB are always ready to help......good luck
    07-03-12 11:42 AM
    hey Keyhole....I have been running the hybrid since I mentioned it to you the other day....it is excellent! give it a go you will be very pleased.....and if ya have any questions the folks at OSBB are always ready to help......good luck
    Hello lifeofchaoss. I had a bad experience trying to install a hybrid a few months ago and it was totally my fault as I had never attempted to do such a thing to this point in my BBerry training lol.... I have downloaded multiple official and leaked OS's since then and have gained quite a bit (well, some...lol) of knowledge.

The problem that I have now is that although I have the OSBB instructions, they are for Windows XP and I'm still running Windows 7 on my family laptop so I don't want to take a chance on bricking my phone again just because I have a little more knowledge. I would love to install the hybrid and go to town but I guess I need just a little more knowledge and understanding before I make such a big leap (although it doesn't really look that hard to do!!). But I'm sure I'll make an install mistake if I go for this. I plan on messing around with the instructions some more and by the time I'm done and confident, a version of .523 or above will come out for us second class citizens who use the 9930. Thanks for your help...
    Last edited by keyhole; 07-06-12 at 10:31 PM. Reason: edit for the world to know: lifeofchaoss is a bogus know nothing who is just trying to build his number of posts
    07-05-12 12:29 PM
    You told me that you've been running this for days when in fact you told OBSS that you haven't downloaded it but wanted to try it someday. What are you, just causing crap?? And you posted today that you haven't downloaded it (check thread OSBB 9930 .402/.428/.523 hybrid string just below)..... I smell a stinking liar...
    07-06-12 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD