Do you get the constant provisioning after you end a call which ends up freezing your phone? My friend said this was with all leaked OS for Sprint but I never had a problem until my last Tour. I have not put the leaked OS on my new one because I definitely do not feel like dealing with it again.
    01-04-10 06:00 PM
    Never got that before. I ran .230 for a while
    01-04-10 06:01 PM
    I had that issue just upgraded confirmed fixed.
    01-05-10 12:27 AM
    I had that issue on .230 but now its gone with the .419 leak...
    01-05-10 04:18 AM
    Yup, roger that. It's gone. I never would have started dickering with these leaked versions if I hadn't bricked my Tour 11 times. I was mad at the world. So far, though, there are a couple of my favorite apps that don't seem to be working on .419. Nimbuzz, iTookthisonmyphone, automatic voice dial and Sprint Telenav. To be sure, the consensus is that once you download Sprint Telenav 2.9, it works fine. So far, I tried 2.8, but no dice. I'll be trying 2.9 next if I can find it.

But this leaked version truly feels like an official version. There are no conspicuous bugs e.g., like the .230 which had sporadic texting issues, bluetooth issues, media player issues, etc. Unless you are an app addict like myself, there are no bugs in this version to speak of. I ended up downgrading from .230 back to 4.7. because of all the bugs, and because I couldn't use Viigo which is absolutely vital for me. Viigo works great on .419. My battery life with .230 was also horrible, until I used Irtehun's hybrid. The battery life on .419 is at least as good as I am accustomed to on 4.7, and will probably get better once the device adjusts to the OS.

I definitely won't be downgrading this time.
    Last edited by Barredbard; 01-05-10 at 08:00 AM.
    01-05-10 06:30 AM
    Update: Passsword saver magically appeared this morning, and iTookthisonmyphone is now working. Still not working: automatic voice dial and Nimbuzz. These are still early days...
    01-05-10 06:54 AM
    Update: False alarm. Sprint Nav works just fine. Version 2.8.
    01-05-10 08:01 AM
    Where do you get Sprint Telenav 2.9? I have 2.8.1195 and the feature to speak directly into the phone to tell it where you want to go is gone. It now wants to "call in" and dial a phone # to do the speak in.
    01-05-10 08:23 AM
    Oh, and to answer the original question, the PRL issue is definitely resolved with .419. The phone actually updates and holds the PRL automatically. I checked PRL after initial reboot of the new OS, and the PRL version was correct and up to date.
    01-05-10 08:35 AM
    Running .419 and it is smooth like butter. Now should I load hybrid on it? I think I'm going to give this os a run for a week before I decide to load the hybrid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 08:48 AM
    You guys on .419 with Sprint Navigation, can you see if you have the features of speaking in directly to tell it where you want to go versus it calling it in, as well as the "weather" option under share & more? Also, if you do have these features, in share and more can you go to diagnostic tools and tell me what is says under "service plan code"

Thanks
    01-05-10 09:23 AM
    Yes it is nice that it holds the PRL, a little nnoying however that every time I do a battery pull I get the Sprint registration message. Not to mention I am losing 10% per hour barely using the phone, when I was sleeping last night it was at 4.6% hour, with nothing running, thats terrible if you ask me
    01-05-10 10:22 AM
    You guys on .419 with Sprint Navigation, can you see if you have the features of speaking in directly to tell it where you want to go versus it calling it in, as well as the "weather" option under share & more? Also, if you do have these features, in share and more can you go to diagnostic tools and tell me what is says under "service plan code"

Thanks
    I did not try the speaking directions option as I'm at work right now. I do have a Weather option under Share & More. Service Plan Code: TN SN Store MRC P2K.
    01-05-10 10:28 AM
    Yes it is nice that it holds the PRL, a little nnoying however that every time I do a battery pull I get the Sprint registration message. Not to mention I am losing 10% per hour barely using the phone, when I was sleeping last night it was at 4.6% hour, with nothing running, thats terrible if you ask me
    The registration email after every reboot is annoying but manageable. My battery was draining horribly fast last night. I was down about 30% in about 2 - 2.5 hours. However, after pulling the battery a few times and using QuickPull a few times my battery life this morning is great. I've only lost 2% and the phone has been off the charger for over 3 hours. I think that's good considering where I sit at work is marginal coverage at best. Let's hope it stays that way.
    Last edited by tazman69; 01-05-10 at 10:36 AM.
    01-05-10 10:30 AM
    yes do some battery pulls and give the OS a day before really testing battery life
    01-05-10 10:42 AM
    What is the deal with the registration email? It is driving me crazy!
    01-05-10 10:52 AM
    Where do you get Sprint Telenav 2.9? I have 2.8.1195 and the feature to speak directly into the phone to tell it where you want to go is gone. It now wants to "call in" and dial a phone # to do the speak in.
    When I was having issues with Sprint Telenav 2.8 after installing .419, I was told in a forum that I needed to upgrade to 2.9. I think that was an error on the gentleman's part though. The latest version does appear to be 2.8, and after I deleted and reinstalled, it is working like a dream.
    01-05-10 10:55 AM
    I had issues with the registration email too. Took me an hour after everything was said an done to get everything going again. When i did the upgrade it actually deleted my BBM app. Had to download it but other than that, its been smooth sailing. The Threaded text messages is sweet and the Native Browser seems to be working better.
    01-05-10 12:09 PM
    What is the deal with the registration email? It is driving me crazy!
    This seems to only be an issue for Sprint users running leaked OS's...
    01-05-10 12:12 PM
    When I was having issues with Sprint Telenav 2.8 after installing .419, I was told in a forum that I needed to upgrade to 2.9. I think that was an error on the gentleman's part though. The latest version does appear to be 2.8, and after I deleted and reinstalled, it is working like a dream.
    SO it's working like a dream, as in you have the weather option in share & more, as well as the option of speaking in directly to the phone to tell it where you want to go?

If so, can you please go to diagnostic tools under share & more and tell me what it says as your service plan?

Thanks
    01-05-10 12:24 PM
    the registration e-mail doesnt bother me, but what if you were to set up a filter, would that work? not sure if you can filter messages like those but just thought id throw that out there.
    01-06-10 12:44 AM
    the registration email can get annoying becuase it seems that it download all the links to all the app everytime you reboot. There has to be a fix for this or maybe some COD file to repair this
    01-06-10 06:18 PM
    the registration email can get annoying becuase it seems that it download all the links to all the app everytime you reboot. There has to be a fix for this or maybe some COD file to repair this
    I had went from.230 back to the stock 4.7.1.57 os because of the prl pop up which you had to do a batt: pull every time this is small compared to that. Even on the 4.7.1.57 which is official you get the registration so just deal with it. Lmao

01-06-10 06:26 PM
    I had went from.230 back to the stock 4.7.1.57 os because of the prl pop up which you had to do a batt: pull every time this is small compared to that. Even on the 4.7.1.57 which is official you get the registration so just deal with it. Lmao

with OS .57 you did not get the registration email on every reboot. This happens everytime you reset the phone. I can live with it until the official version is released but I am just stating that it does get somewhat annoying having to delete that email all the time.
    01-06-10 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD