is there an app or something that will allow you to change your notification settings for each individual contact. I have someone on bbm that I want to know if it is them or not without looking at my phone.
    04-30-11 05:41 PM
    I've never seen an app that lets you configure separate contacts on BBM. I don't believe it is designed to work that way, either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 07:27 PM
    Yep, not currently possible .... unfortunately.

This is something that I would LOVE to see implemented. Hopefully, RIM will enable this functionality at some point.
    05-01-11 08:07 AM
    I went into Contacts and set a ringtone for messages. I have a friend that when a BBM comes in it is the ringtone I assigned.
    05-01-11 02:52 PM
    I don't believe it is designed to work that way, either.
    Maybe they should redesign it, because I enjoy the ability to know who is texting me and think it should be combined with bbm

edit:
    I went into Contacts and set a ringtone for messages. I have a friend that when a BBM comes in it is the ringtone I assigned.

just tried that and I just does the bbm notification instead of what i set it to.
    Last edited by TraviAdpet; 05-01-11 at 08:45 PM.
    05-01-11 08:42 PM
    Currently there is no way to do this, although...
    This feature is coming in BBM 6.0. (Maybe you're using the beta?)

Once you have 6.0, if you assign a BBM pin to a contact entry you'll be able to set up notifications from there. I am led to believe.
    05-01-11 09:30 PM
    anyone know how to get the beta of bbm 6.0?
    05-02-11 12:34 AM
    You need to sign up with Rim's Beta Testing. It's free. A hassle, but free.
    05-02-11 01:14 AM
    Gee, I thought ALL BB users were beta testers...
    05-02-11 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD