i understand that i can swap out the sprint sim from my unlocked tour to use the phone with a gsm carrier but do i have to deactivate the pin with sprint to be able to get bis to work the new provider? my goal is to have a local phone number in the country i am in (saving myself from paying sprint 1.69 or 1.99 aminute, and still be able to have some form of data service....bbm included

somewhere i read that a bb cant have bis active with more than one carrier at a time

will i really be able to pop in the gsm carriers sim for phone service and bis if thats what i pay them for? will my email really get delivered to the device?
    12-07-09 01:24 AM
    my guess is that you have to temporarily suspend the BIS service with Sprint; Better you get in touch with Sprint representative - he/she would be in a better position to guide you.
    12-07-09 02:35 AM
    i called sprint and after being sent to rim 3x i got someone who said i would have to call and have them deactivate the pin , as if i was selling the phone to someone else.....kind of a pain in the *** that you cant do it online
    12-08-09 04:42 PM
    i understand that i can swap out the sprint sim from my unlocked tour to use the phone with a gsm carrier but do i have to deactivate the pin with sprint to be able to get bis to work the new provider? my goal is to have a local phone number in the country i am in (saving myself from paying sprint 1.69 or 1.99 aminute, and still be able to have some form of data service....bbm included

somewhere i read that a bb cant have bis active with more than one carrier at a time

will i really be able to pop in the gsm carriers sim for phone service and bis if thats what i pay them for? will my email really get delivered to the device?
    My sister did that with a Vodafone SIM card in Holland with no problems, but it's phone only. You cannot get BIS with a pre-paid card.

Vodafone SIM for calls
    Sprint SIM for BIS
    12-08-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD