so i have a few rather large memo pad files...sort of. they just have a ton of words. and i figured i'd email them to myself to put them on my computer. however, when i went to email them, the phone tells me "file truncated" aka: it made it smaller. and when i opened my email with it in it, half of the file is gone.

so...what can i do to get the whole file onto my computer for much safer storage? can i save it as a different file, bluetooth it, or anything...
    05-14-09 07:55 AM
    Use Desktop Manager, on your PC, using the USB cable to connect your PC to your BB, with Mass Storage Mode enabled on your BB, to copy the files from your BB to your PC.
    05-14-09 08:00 AM
    when you plug in the mass storage, can you go into the phones "folder" on the computer and find just a memopad folder? or do i have to do a little detective work to find the files?
    05-14-09 08:03 AM
    One thing you could do is, once you know how much was sent in the first email, just copy and paste the second part to a new email and send that to your computer. Yes this may be a PITA, depending on how many large files you need to send, but it will get the job down.

Just make sure you do not delete the original files, until you have them all emailed to your computer.
    05-14-09 08:03 AM
    when you plug in the mass storage, can you go into the phones "folder" on the computer and find just a memopad folder? or do i have to do a little detective work to find the files?
    In my experience, finding files with Desktop Manager is pretty simple. The Device and removable card memory areas are clearly labeled and the folder structure is fairly similar to a Windows environment. Just poke around, and take BlkBear's advice, do not delete anything until you're sure it's copied over successfully. And if you're not completely sure what a file is, I'd advise leaving it be.
    05-14-09 08:10 AM
    MemoPad is an application that stores it's data in memory, not in a separate folder. It is quick, but it is limited too.

As you have noted, messages are truncated at 2000 characters, but attachments are not affected. You can email the document and save it with the Download command.

If your documents are TXT or DOC format, it is simple to copy them to your Media card using Windows file manger.

Once they are loaded, you can view them with Media / Explore or with edit them with DocsToGo.

05-14-09 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD