View Poll Results: are you fed up with .419 and going hybrids

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • YEs I can;t wait anymore for a leak and can;t stand the issue in .419

42 77.78%
  • yes, but I still not going hybrids! i going to wait for a leak which might never come

8 14.81%
  • no I like .419 i have not had any problems with it

4 7.41%
    here the download link
    T_heArchitect Storm 9530/9500 Hybrid 580/607 - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
    well i have given up on waiting for a leak to come out and i can;t stand .419 anymore the browser typing bug is driving me nuts but now it gone
    message text not being cleared when i receive a email woohooo so far so good anyone feel free to post anything they find on here too
    04-07-10 06:01 PM
    havent been on in a while. what all does this include?
    04-07-10 06:40 PM
    Basically you have to have 419 then you run it and it installs over top of the files then you install but go check out the link it will tell you what has changed k

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 06:46 PM
    Basically you have to have 419 then you run it and it installs over top of the files then you install but go check out the link it will tell you what has changed k

04-07-10 06:46 PM
    ahh, got it. thanks
    04-07-10 06:47 PM
    ahh, got it. thanks
    One thing forsure the browser is super faster and no more keyboard close while typing in the browser so far

04-07-10 06:51 PM
    I've been running this from the day it came out on April 4th and it has been blazing fast. Until a better and faster Hybrid come out to try, I am sticking with this one.

04-07-10 07:07 PM
    I've been running this from the day it came out on April 4th and it has been blazing fast. Until a better and faster Hybrid come out to try, I am sticking with this one.

it may be a stupid question but here it goes; do i need to install .419 or just by installin it with the . 419 option its enough. thanks
    04-07-10 08:50 PM
    .419 blowsss...i think .328 was better.

Might try this out.
    04-07-10 09:51 PM
    I installed it a couple hours ago, my phone hasn't been smoother!!!
    Last edited by haris163; 04-08-10 at 07:06 AM.
    04-07-10 10:12 PM
    I've been running this Hybrid for a couple of days now and it's outstanding! No real issues to report and the browser is super fast! Great work! Thanks so much!!
    04-07-10 10:46 PM
    Just loaded it up.
    04-07-10 11:02 PM
    Just loaded it up.
    Good for you, little fella! Next time post something that actually adds to the conversation.

04-07-10 11:21 PM
    Question, earlier today i had downloaded .419 from telus from the blackberry site. then i downloaded this hybrid 580/609 from T_heArchitect. I went in and deleted the vender.xml file and then clicked on the Loader.exe. file and now my OS is 5.0.0.580. Does that mean since i downloaded the hybrid580/609 OS last, that now i am running the hybrid and not the telus .419? Which ever one i have is working amazingly. Thanks for the info!
    04-07-10 11:29 PM
    It should be the 580/607 over .419...which is what i did.

Pretty solid...typing seems better..booted to 44 mb of memory,waiting to see if it leaks.

Browser is a lot better as well.
    04-07-10 11:33 PM
    is this worth downloading guys? I'm trying to patiently wait for lyrics but I cannot stand my browser. Any reports on boot time,battery, or memory leaks?

04-07-10 11:39 PM
    is this worth downloading guys? I'm trying to patiently wait for lyrics but I cannot stand my browser. Any reports on boot time,battery, or memory leaks?

I've have very minimal memory leak and battery seems about the same as most of the current hybrids. I'm sorry to say, but I have never really cared about boot time, only phone performance. Boot up I think is about the same or possibly a little slower than L's last Hybrid.

04-08-10 03:14 AM
    had this hybrid since he gave it to me and this is one of the hybrids that works best on my storm (that i hate lol)
    04-08-10 07:17 AM
    I might have to give this one a shot. Does it work if it's installed over .328? I'm running a hybrid over .328 now and it is very stable.

I'll wait a bit to see if anyone has any memory leaks since the hybrid I'm running now is the least leaky one I've ran to date. (Lyricidal's .530 over .328 base)
    04-08-10 08:43 AM
    My first experience with T_heArchitect. It is very easy to install. It comes with an installer that does all the work for you. You choose your base, either .418 or .484, and it will install the files into the correct folder. I shrank it and then removed extra files that Shrink did not remove.

It has the .607 browser. The browser is fast. Most web pages load up in 4 or 5 seconds now. Very nice considering the browser that came with .419 was barely functionable, if it even worked at all. The phone is more responsive now. There is no lag when switching between screens and menus. Typing while using BBM is more accurate, I think.

Memory is as stable as you are going to get with a Storm1. Overall, this is one of the better hybrids I have tried.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 04-08-10 at 09:51 AM.
    04-08-10 09:42 AM
    Over all the best hybrids I have use the browser is fast and they fix the typing bugs that closes the keyboard. The messages in txt don'tget black lines through it anymore woohoo as for boot time faster and battery well full charge test today see how that goes

04-08-10 10:03 AM
    I am guessing to install over a preexisting hybrid install. A wipe would be recommended?

04-08-10 10:27 AM
    .419 blowsss...i think .328 was better.

Might try this out.
    thats why i switch
    04-08-10 10:30 AM
    hi all, first time posting for me. Had a couple of questions with this.

I have been mainly using .419, and i've tried a few of the hybrids, but have been having some small issues with what i've tried, so i've usually reverted back to .419

I installed this one. What i did, was revert my phone back to .328 -- because i had lost the only 2 games it came with - brickbreaker and wordmole. So I put the official .328 from Verizon back on the phone first - to restore those - and it did.

Then I removed .328 from the PC -- intalled .419 (to the PC) and then ran this hybrid over the pc install. So I am installing .607 to a Storm1 that had .328 on it. -- not sure if I needed to first load .419 onto the phone -- but i'm thinking that wouldn't matter?

When Shrink-A-OS comes up, there's a bunch of games on the right side of the window - and i select them all - but they don't load.

I've tried 2 ways to put .607 on -- first i tried just hitting Load from within Shrink-A-OS ---- and i also tried it with Shrink - but then manually launched the loader so that i could right click the loader.exe and choose "Run as administrator" (running Windows 7 64-bit btw).

Besides not getting any games to load at all (and i do still lose brickbreaker and wordmole - they don't appear in the list of what to install during the loader.exe run as none of the games do)

I also seem to lose all the Alarm sounds. The menu in options says to select an Alarm "tune" -- and i only get a few choices of what "song" i want my Alarm to be?

I'm a somewhat heavy sleeper, and i've been relying on my storm to wake me up -- which it's been doing. I've been using the most annoying (to me) alarm sound it had. That worked, but these sounds are no longer in the menu to select.

Should I be getting the games and alarm sounds? Also I'm not hearing anything when i get messages, but not sure if it's too low and i'm just missing it, or something else wrong there?
    04-08-10 10:31 AM
    I am guessing to install over a preexisting hybrid install. A wipe would be recommended?

if you goto the download site it has the link to download a the .419 file from there which has the vendor file remove then download the hybrid you want
    04-08-10 10:31 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD