View Poll Results: are you fed up with .419 and going hybrids

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • YEs I can;t wait anymore for a leak and can;t stand the issue in .419

42 77.78%
  • yes, but I still not going hybrids! i going to wait for a leak which might never come

8 14.81%
  • no I like .419 i have not had any problems with it

4 7.41%
    Best Hybrid I have tried yet..
    04-09-10 10:09 PM
    oh and mlb at bat doesnt work i get this error: error starting atbat:module

'net_rim_bb_browser_field2_api' has verification error 190 at offset 03c7 (codfile version 78)

Any suggestions?
    I have mlbatbat and had the same issue.
    Lyric has a fix for it.
    Go to bbhybrids and look for his newest hybrid (591 I believe) and you'll see he has a small patch to be added that will fix this app and another.
    I used it for Lyrics hybrids and this one and it worked flawlessly.
    Mlbatbat is too good not to get it fixed
    I hope this helps
    04-10-10 06:36 AM
    Excellent hybrid this is my first hybrid attempt (as you said, we've been a very long time without an OS update) and this went extremely smooth. My only hitch was that shrink-a-os did not want to work on my old P4 running win XP (I use this PC for OS updates as it doesn't have DM loaded and its off the net, and I can fully clear out all BB software between upgrades). I didn't really care, I just deleted the wallpaper cods (as per Civics old post) and ran the app loader.

Only been using it about two hours, but first impressions are, a very fast BB browser, bit quicker between apps and screens, a couple of my apps (like weather eye) are actually faster, the boot time is slower (I don't really care) and the bubbles SMS issue (again, I use stripes so I don't care) The most important thing for me is always Radio strength (as my apartment is a bit of a concrete bunker) and so far it seems on par with stock .419. Battery life is another consideration, and I'll let you know after a couple of days.

Excellent job Architect, I was very apprehensive about loading a hybrid onto my phone (as I no longer have a land line and this is my primary communication device with the outside world) and your excellent hybrid has put me at ease. Love it, and highly recommend it.
    04-10-10 10:27 AM
    I have mlbatbat and had the same issue.
    Lyric has a fix for it.
    Go to bbhybrids and look for his newest hybrid (591 I believe) and you'll see he has a small patch to be added that will fix this app and another.
    I used it for Lyrics hybrids and this one and it worked flawlessly.
    Mlbatbat is too good not to get it fixed
    I hope this helps
    Thanks so much!!! Now as for the black lines in bubble mode. is there anyway to fix this without the work around (going to stripes)? or do i have to reload this hybrid?
    04-10-10 12:58 PM
    Hey all, longtime reader, first time poster!

This is my first Hybrid i've installed, and i can't believe how smooth everything went! Great job Architect. I was originally running about 27Mb of app memory prior to this install, and now i have 34..so almost 7Mb gain. Memory leak seems much improved as well. I have quick pull set to notify my once i hit 20Mb, and i was usually rebooting at least 4 times a day. After 8 hrs with this one i only lost 3Mb..which is great, although still too early to tell for sure. Definately worth a shot if anyone's interested.

On a side note, i noticed the SMS issues people were talking about (the black lines and whatnot), so i'm guessing there is still issues with that.
    04-10-10 05:58 PM
    Loaded this Hybrid last night. I have tried a couple leaks but this is my first atempt at a Hybrid. All went well, gained about 4mb of memory. Steady at 40.3 for several hours now(not allot of apps). Battery seems about the same as previous .419 I was using, I don't see allot of difference in the native browser however. I was using Opera before so I havent actually used it in a while it could be faster and I don't realize it.

Good Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-11-10 07:31 AM
    After a day and a half and a few more battery pulls, memory is holding fast. Leakage has diminished and everything is running smooth. Thanks!
    04-11-10 09:45 AM
    does this one have the instant lock?
    04-11-10 12:39 PM
    does this one have the instant lock?
    Yes. I believe after a certain version number ALL ver 5 OS will have it. I've been playing with it and I think I like it.
    04-11-10 02:23 PM
    It does have the instant lock, BUT there are some flaws to it. Well atleast for mine. I lock it, recieve an SMS and it pops up with no lock anymore.
    04-11-10 07:43 PM
    So I haven't really given it enough time to fully settle in or run it through a gauntlet like a normal work day will do but after a full day, everything is running great and very smooth with very very little memory leak. Just down 1.0MB all day.

Best hybrid that I've ran so far and I've ran a lot. I've never had an OS leak as little as this one has. Keep in mind that it's only been one day but still...
    04-11-10 07:53 PM
    i still get black lines in sms when i use bubbles
    well it does but i dont notices it much and it doesn;t mess up my phone cause i can still read the text after closing and reopening the txt
    04-12-10 10:26 AM
    SO far the battery last longer.
    way less memory leak. *holds up really well*
    faster boot-up as well and reboot.
    bb browser typing bug is gone (WOOOHOOOO i can finally type and not have to worry about the keyboard closing on me)
    I think had to do a battery pull on my phone 1once snice the install of this hybrids and it been 5 days that is a new record because normally on the .419 i would do about 2 battery pulls aday.
    my youtube videos come in fast and little to no lag at all now

so far the sms black line still shows up but no biggy.
    the lock screen but that no biggy either as it is faster now anyways.

these are my finding after 5 day of uses and i still running it LOVE IT!!
    thanks
    anyone with anything to add may do so about here finding!
    Last edited by alicklee; 04-12-10 at 10:34 AM. Reason: color of fonts
    04-12-10 10:32 AM
    Terrible. straight up terrible. my email wont work right now, and the battery life is total crap. The browser is quick and navigation is fast too, but I'm not going to sacrifice battery life and email for the speed.

The black lines can be gotten rid off by changing the conversation style from bubbles to stripes.
    04-12-10 11:13 PM
    Terrible. straight up terrible. my email wont work right now, and the battery life is total crap. The browser is quick and navigation is fast too, but I'm not going to sacrifice battery life and email for the speed.

The black lines can be gotten rid off by changing the conversation style from bubbles to stripes.
    I had no problems with the email the battery is ok have you try resend service book?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 11:47 PM
    I resent them 3 times with no success. I'm running the lyricidal 607 hybrid now.
    04-13-10 01:14 AM
    I resent them 3 times with no success. I'm running the lyricidal 607 hybrid now.
    Sorry to hear that well I hope the other one works out for you how the Battery life on that one?

04-13-10 10:23 AM
    I am now several days into this, and my berry is only requiring one reboot a day (sounds bad I know, but for ages now I've had to reboot 2-3x a day, so this is much better).
    04-13-10 12:49 PM
    I am now several days into this, and my berry is only requiring one reboot a day (sounds bad I know, but for ages now I've had to reboot 2-3x a day, so this is much better).
    I know I on day 7 too and so far two battery pull and two reboot due to installing theme ! This is awesome

04-13-10 01:35 PM

Wow, Nothing like that here. After a full day my battery is at 70%. And I get email from yahoo mail and gmail just fine.
    04-13-10 03:50 PM
    This OS is amazing! My browser is WAY faster and NO MEMORY LEAK! It also made my phone SUPER smooth. Very good job TheArchitect, I'm plastering posts all over recommending this hybrid. I have had this storm since it came out in 2008 and now I'm finally happy with it.

04-14-10 01:53 PM
    Architect, are you going to update your AWESOME hybrid with files from any of the new leaks? I, and I'm sure many others, are waiting! Thanks!

Mark
    04-21-10 01:40 PM
    Architect, are you going to update your AWESOME hybrid with files from any of the new leaks? I, and I'm sure many others, are waiting! Thanks!

Mark
    T_heArchitect Storm Hybrid V 1.7 download at www.bbfuzion.net
    TheArchitect Storm Hybrid V 1.7 - Downloads - BBFuZion Forums
    I running it for a few days now
    04-23-10 02:27 PM
    Is there a 3G patch for this for Verizon users? Not really a big deal, I just like it more than the 1XEV symbol. This is one of the best hybrids I have seen so far!
    06-02-10 06:45 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD