BlackBerry Bold 9700 Software Upgrade Available Ma... - T-Mobile Community

05-18-2010 11:25 AM

On May 19, T-Mobile will provide a software upgrade to address top issues for the BlackBerry Bold 9700. The software upgrade will be made available from the Unsupported Browser site. The upgrade to version 5.0.0.586 provides several improvements and new features which include:

* Increased general stability for the software
    * Improvements to chat view SMS user interface
    * Improved BlackBerry Messenger client
    * General Visual Voicemail improvements
    * Resolve 3G dropped call issue
    * Mobile Backup support
    * Improvements to TrackPad performance

Note: A computer is required to perform this upgrade. The software upgrade may be available via an over-the-air (OTA) update in the future.

T-Mobile and RIM are planning to complete a PIN blast to our BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) customers, notifying customers that there is a new software version available.
    Jesus
    Moderator, T-Mobile Forums
    05-18-10 01:30 PM
    Yayy! so excited..May 19th! it's only another day away...

::sarcasm:
    05-18-10 01:37 PM
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 Software Upgrade Available Ma... - T-Mobile Community

05-18-2010 11:25 AM

On May 19, T-Mobile will provide a software upgrade to address top issues for the BlackBerry Bold 9700. The software upgrade will be made available from the Unsupported Browser site. The upgrade to version 5.0.0.586 provides several improvements and new features which include:

* Increased general stability for the software
    * Improvements to chat view SMS user interface
    * Improved BlackBerry Messenger client
    * General Visual Voicemail improvements
    * Resolve 3G dropped call issue
    * Mobile Backup support
    * Improvements to TrackPad performance

Note: A computer is required to perform this upgrade. The software upgrade may be available via an over-the-air (OTA) update in the future.

T-Mobile and RIM are planning to complete a PIN blast to our BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) customers, notifying customers that there is a new software version available.
    Jesus
    Moderator, T-Mobile Forums
    Beat me to it....

When I asked on the TMo forum this morning where it was they ripped me a new one and said the day was not over yet, it would be here....
    05-18-10 01:38 PM
    Yea I saw that lol...
    05-18-10 01:39 PM
    Terrible os anyway. It shipped on my refurb. I'd rather have the original. I can't wait to have a computer to upgrade this crap
    05-18-10 02:16 PM
    Why do we keep making threads on this? 80% of the people on this forum it would effect have upgraded to .586 or higher already. Keep it in the same "t-mo .586 delayed" thread. We don't need 2 new topics a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 02:19 PM
    Does anyone know the difference in the official version from tmo and the other version RIM has thrown out for another carrier. I had the other version, not sure if thats better than the existing .330 Anyone care to throw some light on this?
    05-18-10 03:58 PM
    Does anyone know the difference in the official version from tmo and the other version RIM has thrown out for another carrier. I had the other version, not sure if thats better than the existing .330 Anyone care to throw some light on this?
    there is no difference, just install another carrier's.
    05-18-10 04:01 PM
    I got a warranty replacement 9700 (mine was having issues) from T-Mo a few days ago with 586 installed. Twice yesterday, while working on the phone (in calendar, and while composing a SMS), the phone completely froze for a full 30 seconds. A battery pull fixed things, I haven't had a problem since. Keeping my fingers crossed. UMA connection seems to be more stable than my previous 9700 (which was running 5.0.0.4xx).
    05-18-10 04:32 PM
    .656 is the best .586 has a lot of bugs
    05-18-10 04:33 PM
    I should mention I'm considering loading .656 on the device. The "long SMS" bug still existsin .586, where if you go into a long SMS conversation and scroll upwards, and exit the thread, you cannot re-enter the conversation thread without a battery pull. Maddening.
    05-18-10 04:35 PM
    And yet another day for the update. TMO via Twitter told me it was still planned for release today. Whatever, another day won't kill anyone.
    05-18-10 05:55 PM
    is this T Mobile US i presume as T Mobile Uk are already on .593
    05-18-10 06:31 PM
    I guess one day won't kill me? And that's may 19th 12am eastern time correct?

05-18-10 06:52 PM
    Interestingly, the bbupgrade site, when you click on the "Do I need this software" now says if your version is older than .586, you should download the new software...but when you go to download it, it still only offers .330.
    05-18-10 09:18 PM
    I'm going to wait til 12 tonight hoping for a update!

05-18-10 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD