Hey Latin - Check out my post in that other thread we were in with Lyridical. The Storm Forum Telus browser fix one.

-Ryan
    08-07-09 01:02 PM
    Well, I finally got .130 working and took it for a test drive for a couple days, never restarted and still just as fast, and I love that work wrap is fixed. Now, I have a question about media. Where is my music player? Lol in the folder I have video, pics, ringtones, voice notes and recorder and video camera but no music player. There has got to be something wrong no way should I have to go through "file browser" to play a song, and besides I'd like to make playlists. Anyone have some insight?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 08:24 PM
    Crucial, so this workaround needs to happen every time we do a battery pull (on an ongoing basis) or just one time after we follow the fix?

Thanks,
    Zax

Ok, I pulled my battery and lost media. So yes it does revert back. However, here is the fix: BEFORE YOU PULL THE BATTERY go into Options>Advanced>Service Book>and delete all service books EXCEPT FOR BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service and BlackBerry Maps service books, then pull your battery. After the device boots up, resend service books and your media will still work. I know its a pain and we shouldn't have to, but it has to be done in order for media to work. And it works.
    08-12-09 07:51 AM
    Crucial, so this workaround needs to happen every time we do a battery pull (on an ongoing basis) or just one time after we follow the fix?

Thanks,
    Zax
    After you do the fix initially, when installing the OS everything works fine. If you need to reboot you will need to turn off radio, delete all but BBMaps and Internet Browsing service books, then reboot, resend service books, then turn on radio.

08-12-09 10:17 AM
    So yes, if you have a random reboot you need to start from square one again This happens on the Storm with .140 as well.
    08-12-09 10:20 AM
    Thanks for making it clear. Since I reboot daily I guess I'll wait for the next beta/version.
    Thanks, Zax

08-12-09 10:40 AM
    good stuff cx. works like a charm.
    08-15-09 02:35 PM
    good stuff cx. works like a charm.
    Thanks Duvi. I have found that if after OS is installed and the initial fix is done and its time to reboot, if you pull the battery, even after deleting all but Maps and Browser SB's, it still kicks the error. But if you double soft reset instead of pulling battery, everything is fine.sucks to have to do this. It is an issue with the new browser. And it's still present in 5.0.0.143.

08-15-09 03:12 PM
    Unfortunately, this didn't work for me, but I don't use my BB to play media much anyway.....
    10-05-09 06:17 AM
    When you guys said that songs and video cannot be played, what do you mean by that?

I'm on 5.0.0.238, but my songs can be played. The problem is, the volume went silent at the 2nd song. Once i click on pause, and reply, the volume came back. Can the solution work for my problem?

(The bar was running at the 2nd song when it's playing, and no sound was heard)

Ps. It wasn't muted when it went silent.
    10-22-09 10:49 AM

Go to Options>Advanced>Service Book> and delete all service books EXCEPT the BlackBerry Internet Service Browsing service book and BlackBerry Maps service book.

I'm stuck at this point. What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind the light bulb just came on. I was thinking I could do it from DM when I have to do it from the phone.
    Last edited by djransom; 10-28-09 at 10:34 AM.
    10-28-09 10:27 AM
    I know this may sound dumb how do you run off radio
    12-12-09 11:08 AM
    Just go to Manage Connection, and untick Mobile Network
    12-12-09 11:18 AM
    Ok, I pulled my battery and lost media. So yes it does revert back. However, here is the fix: BEFORE YOU PULL THE BATTERY go into Options>Advanced>Service Book>and delete all service books EXCEPT FOR BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service and BlackBerry Maps service books, then pull your battery. After the device boots up, resend service books and your media will still work. I know its a pain and we shouldn't have to, but it has to be done in order for media to work. And it works.
    Genius man! Thanks. This worked for me on an ATT 8900 w/ 5.0.0.411

CB rocks! I really appreciate this.
    01-01-10 11:32 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD