For AT&T customers who did the browser fix and now don't have music and videos working, here is the fix!!!!

Turn radio off

Install OS as normal

Go into Options>Advanced>Service Book> and delete all service books except the BlackBerry Maps service book.

Use CrackUtil or other Utility to remove browser_dameon.cod.

Use DM to load service books as usual.

Go to Options>Advanced>Service Book> and delete all service books EXCEPT the BlackBerry Internet Service Browsing service book and BlackBerry Maps service book.

Then use Utility and reload browser_dameon.cod back to device.

Go to AT&T's BIS page and resend service books.

Then restore connections and off you go. You'll have regular browser and all media will work. No uncaught exceptions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 05:30 PM
    Once again, good work CX!
    07-29-09 05:42 PM
    How in the world do you dudes figure this stuff out?

07-29-09 05:52 PM
    CX is ridiculously intelligent. Thats how
    07-29-09 05:55 PM
    Thanks guys. Just didn't want people to not be able to use basic features. This is by far the best 5.0 release that has leaked and people need to enjoy it, not choose one function over the other. Again thanks and everyone else enjoy.
    07-29-09 09:02 PM
    CX, thanks bro. Wiped my device and upgraded back to .130. I followed the guide, resent service books after reinstalling the browser .cod and so far no issues.
    07-29-09 10:00 PM
    CX, I followed your instructions to the letter, everything worked as you stated. I did a battery pull and it reverted back to the "media registered to a different browser..." and now it doesn't work again. Any ideas? Thanks for all your help!
    07-29-09 11:09 PM
    Ok, I saw a conversation elsewhere debunking the idea that a battery pull could cause the problem to re-emerge, but I can testify that it is true. I spend nearly five hours yesterday going through the procedure step by step, over and over again, and I still don't have a working media player. With that being said, congrats to those that have been able to get things working, I'm just wondering, what, if anything could be the issue? I did start, multiple times, with a completely wiped device and took things from there. I'm going to try to get another attempt or two in later today, but if anyone has suggestions in the meantime I'd be more than willing to take advice.
    07-30-09 06:36 AM
    Ok, I pulled my battery and lost media. So yes it does revert back. However, here is the fix: BEFORE YOU PULL THE BATTERY go into Options>Advanced>Service Book>and delete all service books EXCEPT FOR BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service and BlackBerry Maps service books, then pull your battery. After the device boots up, resend service books and your media will still work. I know its a pain and we shouldn't have to, but it has to be done in order for media to work. And it works.
    07-30-09 08:11 AM
    Ok... Yeah it sucks, but it is a workaround. Thanks much for the effort and for sharing CX, I have to admit, I've learned alot from you already in my time here.
    07-30-09 08:39 AM
    Sorry off topic as I'm not on AT&T. I do however have a problem with my browser. When I open any page the letters overlap. Is there a way to fix this?
    08-03-09 03:03 AM
    Hey crucial, I've been running 130 for a couple of days now, and re-tried this fix. And it now worked successfully. I previously deleted and readded the whatever daemon .cod file, and while the browser worked, I couldn't get media working. Must've been something in the air this am, because all I did was delete service books except the two you mention, pull batt, repower up, then resend service books, and both media and browser work great.

Thanks for the fix.

On a side note, I haven't seen too many issues with this OS - no overconsumption of the battery, no random reboots, no overheating, etc. Its been super speedy, and except for the media / browser issue, the only other issue I've come across is after the phone hasn't been rebooted for awhile, the browser wants to just sit and spin at "requesting", regardless of url. A reboot fixes this, but other than that, its been a great os.

This time, I did a clean install, and only manually restored the individual databases I cared about, like my bb messenger pins, or calendar items, then synced my contacts, and reinstalled apps I wanted. I did this instead of restoring the whole backup / third party apps database set, which I did previously with 4.266, 4.282, 5.9x, 5.100, etc. And I also noticed the phone now takes less than a minute to reboot, versus roughly five plus minutes before. So I'm thinking the fresh install with minimal restoration is the way to go.

CX, I'm sure you know all of this, but I wanted to share my experience in case anyone else is struggling to get 5.130 going.

08-03-09 01:28 PM
    not to seem ignorant, but what exactly was the problem with the browser?
    08-03-09 11:31 PM
    not to seem ignorant, but what exactly was the problem with the browser?
    Well it sort of wasn't the browser that was the problem. Its a browser service book registering that wouldn't allow media to work.
    08-04-09 03:56 AM
    Just to be clear, which set of service books are we supposed to reload? I've seen a couple different zip files floating around. One with 9 sb's, one with 30 or so. And some on other sites, too. I remember using one set and it stopped my MMS from working.
    08-05-09 11:00 AM
    Just to be clear, which set of service books are we supposed to reload? I've seen a couple different zip files floating around. One with 9 sb's, one with 30 or so. And some on other sites, too. I remember using one set and it stopped my MMS from working.
    Go to the link provided below. When you get there look at the first post and scroll down to the attached files. Download those and extract the ipd file. That is what you need to load.

AT&T Service Books Thread
    08-05-09 11:04 AM
    Okay, that's the one I was using, I just couldn't get it to work the first couple times. I think I skipped a few steps. I got distracted while I was waiting for it to reboot and I forgot where I was... Damn A.D.D. Anyway, it's working now! Thanks C_X!
    08-05-09 11:52 AM
    For AT&T customers who did the browser fix and now don't have music and videos working, here is the fix!!!!

Turn radio off

Install OS as normal

Go into Options>Advanced>Service Book> and delete all service books except the BlackBerry Maps service book.

Use CrackUtil or other Utility to remove browser_dameon.cod.

Use DM to load service books as usual.

Go to Options>Advanced>Service Book> and delete all service books EXCEPT the BlackBerry Internet Service Browsing service book and BlackBerry Maps service book.

Then use Utility and reload browser_dameon.cod back to device.

Go to AT&T's BIS page and resend service books.

Then restore connections and off you go. You'll have regular browser and all media will work. No uncaught exceptions.

A couple of questions:

1) "Use DM to load service books as usual."

What does this mean? How do I do this?

2) "Then use Utility and reload browser_dameon.cod back to device."

I am using BBSAK and it deleted the cod file fine, but from where am I reloading browser_dameon.cod?

Thanks in advance.
    08-05-09 12:22 PM
    i work for 13 hours and sometimes my phone will restart on its own any wayaround that when your at work and dont have access to a computer???
    08-05-09 12:38 PM
    Well done once again CX. You already know you are "da man," so I won't post it again.
    08-05-09 12:44 PM
    A couple of questions:

1) "Use DM to load service books as usual."

What does this mean? How do I do this?
    Download the file C_X has just linked to. Open up Desktop Manager and go to Backup & Restore > Advanced. In the top left, open up the AT&T Service Books.ipd file from the zip that you downloaded. Then click on the Service Books on the left side and the >> to load it onto your BB.

2) "Then use Utility and reload browser_dameon.cod back to device."

I am using BBSAK and it deleted the cod file fine, but from where am I reloading browser_dameon.cod?

Thanks in advance.
    If you had used CrackUtility, the file would've been saved in the Program Files>CrackUtil folder. Since you didn't, I'm not sure if it saved at all.

Download this file, unzip it, and load it onto the BB. (Mods: If I'm not allowed to post this file, feel free to delete it.)
    08-05-09 12:51 PM
    Any way we can narrow down which service book it is so we don't have to delete all but one of them? Deleting one each time is a whole lot easier than deleting 20.

Edit: That is...assuming it doesn't actually need them all to be deleted?
    Last edited by mrpeenut24; 08-05-09 at 12:56 PM.
    08-05-09 12:53 PM
    * * * * * If you had used CrackUtility, the file would've been saved in the Program Files>CrackUtil folder. Since you didn't, I'm not sure if it saved at all.

Download this file, unzip it, and load it onto the BB. (Mods: If I'm not allowed to post this file, feel free to delete it.)
    I think that may be the source of my problem -- CrackUtil wont work! I got the Service Books to load through DM, but when I try to load the cod in CrackUtil, I find and select it, but I get "Could not run Javaloader.exe -- File does not exist". So I'm stuck, temporarely like a numbskull.
    08-05-09 06:15 PM
    I think that may be the source of my problem -- CrackUtil wont work! I got the Service Books to load through DM, but when I try to load the cod in CrackUtil, I find and select it, but I get "Could not run Javaloader.exe -- File does not exist". So I'm stuck, temporarely like a numbskull.
    If you used CrackUtil to remove _browser_dameon.cod then it should be in the folder. If for some reason it won't load, reboot your computer and try CrackUtil again. If CrackUtil still won't load the cod, download and install BBSAK v1.3 and use it to load the _browser_dameon.cod to the device.
    08-05-09 06:57 PM
    hey crucial did you come up with a fix for telus users using 5.0?
    08-06-09 03:01 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD