My current BB downloads my AOL email via IMAP. I would like to synch my contacts, calendar and email with my desktop PC but I have the email config button grayed out. I guess this is because I don't use BIS or BES. However, why should I need to use this? I just want to synch via USB and my desktop. Will I be forced to use BIS/BES?

Thanks,
    01-21-08 07:50 PM
    Nope, apples and oranges concept.

From what I gather you are already using BIS to get your AOL on your BB.

All you would have to do is import your calendar, contacts from AOL to Outlook and sync you BB with Outlook directly.
    01-22-08 07:03 AM
    I would love to do that but the email config button is not available therefore I can't synch my email with Outlook directly. Only the calendar and contacts sync now. How do I get the email button to light up?

Thanks,
    01-22-08 03:40 PM
    Correct, you would sync only your calendar and contact through Outlook and all email should be sent(pushed) to your Blackberry automatically.

What's the problem?
    01-22-08 06:50 PM
    The problem is that when I get home I would like to synch the AOL email that has been pushed to the BB to my Outlook folders via USB. However, the email configuration button is grayed out so I can't set this up. All I want to do is light up the email button. I am pretty sure I can take it from there.

Thanks,
    01-22-08 07:30 PM
    I am having the same problem with my 8310 Curve and I am with ATT. anyone have a suggestion.
    03-01-08 08:53 PM
    The problem is that when I get home I would like to synch the AOL email that has been pushed to the BB to my Outlook folders via USB. However, the email configuration button is grayed out so I can't set this up. All I want to do is light up the email button. I am pretty sure I can take it from there.

Thanks,
    You won't need to sync back to Outlook. If you Outlook is setup correctly, it should be talking directly to the AOL mail server. That means it would already have the information you sent while on your Blackberry.

Layout: Blackberry talk to AOL Mail Server. Outlook talk to AOL Mail server. No need for Blackberry to talk to Outlook. The common ground is your mail server.
    03-01-08 09:03 PM
    I am having the same problem with my 8310 Curve and I am with ATT. anyone have a suggestion.
    Where are you at in the process? What steps are you getting stuck on so we can help?
    03-01-08 09:03 PM
    I am having a similiar issue. I want to synch my email on my BB with outlook. right now, I get all my email in both outlook and my BB, but when I delete an email on my BB it does not get deleted on outlook. This is the snych issue I am trying to solve.
    03-03-08 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD