In windows inactive memory is cached to disk (page files). In linux or android, you can do the same, set up inactive memory to cache to your disk (in androids case, your external micro sd)

This has the benefit of improving multi-tasking speeds, but only if your micro sd is very fast (class eight or higher). Because I only use uhs-1 micro sd cards, id love to know if I can create a swap file on my legacy device. The ram isn't stellar, so i'd love to boost it up. It does shorten the life of your nand flash, but this stuff is getting cheaper every day and the life should be years anyway, so that doesn't bother me at all.

Perhaps theres an app for this?
    05-12-14 11:34 PM
    I don't believe this is possible!
    05-13-14 10:09 PM
    Sad. I got a major performance boost on my android tablet by creating a swap file on my uhs-1 micro sd. I can imagine it would be even faster on "fast" nand flash, if one used that as well. Its quite similar to having more ram (not quite as good, but it speeds up multi-tasking in a very obvious way).

That said, the main OS of the curve I am using isn't complex. Nor are the apps by the look. And the screen res probably saves memory. So hopely I don't have to deal with too much loading hold ups.

Actually I think, along with using dual and quad channel ram, and fast nand, or ssd, mobile tech should come with the option of page files on the external, as standard in the os. I mean it does lower the nand flash life, but those things take years to die, and by the time they do, the same memory costs peanuts.
    Last edited by Jamie Brahm; 05-14-14 at 09:14 PM.
    05-14-14 08:56 PM
    You don't have nearly as much control over the OS on a blackberry as you do with Android so you're not going to be able to control how memory is handled at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:23 AM