I have read as many OS .419 threads as I could find and cannot find this issue. I tried loading the 5.0.0.419 OS on my Tour last night. I installed it to my computer, I am on Windows 7 64 bit. I opened the leak in Shrink-A-OS and removed the vendor.xml file. Then I wiped my Tour using the Wipe Device option in Options (on the phone) I then hooked up my phone and clicked on the Loader icon in App Loader, being sure to choose Run as Administrator.

The normal OS loading screens came up and I went through a few screens, then a screen came up with just a few things on them, namely Yahoo Messenger and BBM messenger, showing the sizes of each with checkmarks next to them. I was unsure why this screen only showed those two programs, so I left them checked and clicked Next. The next screen to come up said Your Software Has Been Updated. That was it, I could go no further. I tried this same process 3 times and keep getting just these screens. I cannot figure out where the OS update is and why it won't load.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated. I am with Sprint.
    01-13-10 07:48 AM
    Try using BBSAK to do a low level wipe (not just an in-device wipe) then run Apploader.
    01-13-10 07:51 AM
    Try using BBSAK to do a low level wipe (not just an in-device wipe) then run Apploader.
    thank you for your quick reply, so I guess you can't install a new OS if the old OS is still on the phone? I will give it another try tonight. Thank goodness, the restore feature works well in DM, I was able to put back all of my data and 3rd party apps within 10 minutes.

I thought perhaps there might be something hinky with windows 7 , but I remember I read somewhere that you must run these upgrade programs using the Run As Administrator option.
    01-13-10 08:14 AM
    I'm not sure if there are any hiccups inherent with Windows 7 but I had no kinks in the upgrade process when I BBSAK-wiped then installed 5.0 from scratch via Apploader (instead of Desktop Manager) using Windows XP. I didn't use Shrink OS either though, and that may be your problem instead. Hard to tell really without trial and error.
    01-13-10 08:43 AM
    I have read as many OS .419 threads as I could find and cannot find this issue. I tried loading the 5.0.0.419 OS on my Tour last night. I installed it to my computer, I am on Windows 7 64 bit. I opened the leak in Shrink-A-OS and removed the vendor.xml file. Then I wiped my Tour using the Wipe Device option in Options (on the phone) I then hooked up my phone and clicked on the Loader icon in App Loader, being sure to choose Run as Administrator.

The normal OS loading screens came up and I went through a few screens, then a screen came up with just a few things on them, namely Yahoo Messenger and BBM messenger, showing the sizes of each with checkmarks next to them. I was unsure why this screen only showed those two programs, so I left them checked and clicked Next. The next screen to come up said Your Software Has Been Updated. That was it, I could go no further. I tried this same process 3 times and keep getting just these screens. I cannot figure out where the OS update is and why it won't load.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated. I am with Sprint.
    I tried up grading my storm 9530 the other day and had the same problem. It shouldn't have anything to do with the OS that's already on the phone. But you do have to make sure there is no other OS still on your computer. I was doing the samething you are and tryng to shrink the OS before installing. I also gave it three trys and got the same result you got everytime. I did not wipe my device and it is not a must when loading a new OS. I hope that it works for you though, I gave up and was unable to get it to load. Sorry I don't have a solution for you, I just read this and found it interesting that someone had the same problem I did. If you get it to work let me know what you did differently that finally got it going. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 09:23 AM
    I tried up grading my storm 9530 the other day and had the same problem. It shouldn't have anything to do with the OS that's already on the phone. But you do have to make sure there is no other OS still on your computer. I was doing the samething you are and tryng to shrink the OS before installing. I also gave it three trys and got the same result you got everytime. I did not wipe my device and it is not a must when loading a new OS. I hope that it works for you though, I gave up and was unable to get it to load. Sorry I don't have a solution for you, I just read this and found it interesting that someone had the same problem I did. If you get it to work let me know what you did differently that finally got it going. Thanks.

wow, that is weird but I'm sort of glad to see it isn't just me. I may try again to wipe with BBSAK first and NOT use Shrink-A-OS at all, I see in the install process of the new OS you get a screen, where you can remove unwanted things like languages and stuff. When I go into Add/Remove Programs on my computer, I only can find the DM manager software, no device software for the Tour 4.7; I never downloaded 4.7 to my computer, so I don't think I have anything to remove first.

I'll keep you posted.
    01-13-10 09:34 AM

Okay, I just installed 5.0.0.419; what I did was NOT to wipe my phone at all, I deleted the OS file that I installed last night, and re-downloaded a fresh copy and installed it, deleting the vendor .xml file in App Loader. Then I backed up my phone again and clicked on Loader and it came up perfectly. You get a screen where you can delete or add features and programs, I left everything the way it was. The update process took about 25 minutes. I had done 2 battery pulls already and all is flowing smoothly. All of my 3rd party apps re-installed perfectly and I even got a message when the phone rebooted that I had to update Yahoo Messenger for OS 5 and had an Update button right there! Try it again, it is really nice.
    01-13-10 04:56 PM
    I don't understand why people would wipe the phone first. DM 5 backsup databases and apps and restores them after the upgrade. If you wipe first the all of your databases are wiped out, which results in a lot of extra work for yourself after an upgrade. I just upgrade over my old OS and when it is done my BB is ready to go. Only a few apps need fixing after that.
    01-13-10 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD