Just watched the video that social feeds looks hot anyone know if thats built into OS or will it be a app?

Be cool if it was a app and that could get leaked ha ha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 10:04 PM
    By the looks of it, it seem like it's built in. It seems as though it's a similar platform that's used in Social Scope.

07-12-10 10:17 PM
    I definetly agree with you Jay21fire on the social feeds. Its super bada$$ man. I have social scope and its probably gonna be better than social scope because you can incorporate BBM.

Just hope you get the status update from the social feeds like socialscope tho. It's looks effortless to sends status feed on OS6 but what about receiving others and there I think an app like socialscope excels in.

Yeah Man. That social feed on the OS6 teaser vid was dope, clearly makes BB the ultimate communication device. Looking foward to OS6 man cant wait!
    07-13-10 12:22 AM
    By the looks of it, it seem like it's built in. It seems as though it's a similar platform that's used in Social Scope.

ya exactly what i was thinking, but i guarantee it won't be anywhere near as powerful as socialscope.

also pretty sure it won't have flickr or foursquare capabilities.
    07-13-10 02:29 AM
    ya exactly what i was thinking, but i guarantee it won't be anywhere near as powerful as socialscope.

also pretty sure it won't have flickr or foursquare capabilities.
    Flickr probably not but I wouldn't count out foursquare yet; it may be added before launch (hope).
    Social feeds seem like just a dedicated inbox much like sms/mms is now. I imagine there will be an option to dump the whole thing into your messages box if you want to go insane.

07-13-10 03:26 AM
    The way I have my bb set up now, I have all of my "social" stuff set-up to go to my Messages folder. So I have twitter, facebook, bbm...I feel like this is going to be kinda the same as the social feeds. Which makes sense as to why they designed the twitter app the way they did. But makes me wonder, what will the new facebook app be like? Ibe seen the beta 1.8 and it doesn't seem like that big of an improvement.

07-23-10 12:17 AM
    i personally hope its removable... i like my push notifications for @ replies when it comes to twitter and twitter for blackberry doesn't offer that... so unless i have have my tweetissimo push notification appear in social networking section, then its gone lol
    07-23-10 10:12 AM
    haven't tried the social stuff yet, but i do look forward to using it.
    09-11-10 12:16 PM
    Yes the social feeds are built in ... awesome! I really love this new feature on my Torch!
    09-14-10 08:03 AM
    i personally hope its removable... i like my push notifications for @ replies when it comes to twitter and twitter for blackberry doesn't offer that... so unless i have have my tweetissimo push notification appear in social networking section, then its gone lol
    huh??

My twitter for blackberry pushes @ notifications to me. Are you sure you have it set up right?
    09-14-10 08:49 AM
    I love the social feeds! Getting my Facebook updates and bbm messages there is awesome!
    09-14-10 07:42 PM
    huh??

My twitter for blackberry pushes @ notifications to me. Are you sure you have it set up right?
    As far as I can see the new tweets and new @mentions are pulled at whatever interval you set the app to check for new tweets and notified at that point if there are any. I'd say it's pull technology rather than true push
    09-15-10 05:47 AM
    I deleted my Social Feeds on my Blackberry Torch, I can not find it OTA to reinstall...

Thoughts?

Thank you,
    Shane
    10-13-10 10:24 PM
    you have to install it from your Torch OS
    10-13-10 10:34 PM
    That did it, thank you Yester18.

For anyone else unclear, launch Blackberry Desktop Manager and click on Applications to specificaly restore a default application.
    10-13-10 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD