I just installed the 5.0.0.586 OS on my 9700 Bold and all is working well. Except for one thing�

The backup went off without a hitch, the install worked fine, and the restoration occurred as expected. The system rebooted and all was fine. Went through all the apps, signed into all the relevant services, etc and it all seemed perfectly fine until I went to App World.

When I opened App World, I went to My World and the list was empty. I signed in to the Pay Pal section and the list of apps I�ve paid for came up, but still � the list of free apps are not there.

Now again, all the actual apps are still on my phone and working properly (mostly for the better, actually) but the list of free apps is simply empty. Give that the apps are there and working, the absence of their entries on the list is more an annoyance than anything but I also imagine that it will prevent my getting update info so I�d like to correct this.

Anyone know how to re-populate the list?

I was thinking of uninstalling/reinstalling App World, but not so sure that would do any good.

And by the way (rhetorical question to follow) when the **** is RIM going to include a hard reboot option in the OS? I mean, they have a soft shut down option, but no hard reboot? Please. Sorry, had to vent.
    03-29-10 11:33 PM
    ALT + RST <--Restore apps.

ALT+CAPS LOCK+DEL <--Hard Reboot.
    03-30-10 12:13 AM
    RST?

also ...

While I'm aware of the Alt+Shift+Del function (but thank you ... still useful) I just think that as they have a "Turn Power Off" icon, It'd be nice if they had a simple "Hard Reboot" Button as well that might pop-up with a "Are you sure?" box before conducting a hard shut-down and reboot. After all, the Alt+Shift+Del keystroke is a bit awkward (at least for me) and while there are battery pull apps out there, none of them is terribly good/efficient at doing what should be a simple and OS-integrated job.

BUT ... I'll fully admit that this is largely a gripe that should be constructively made to RIM itself. Just felt like venting since I was making a mental list of stuff that the upgrade itself actually did accomplish ... which, from what I can see, is actually quite a bit.

anyway .. RST?
    03-30-10 12:54 AM
    Hi I was about to download the latest OS posted for my 9700 when I noticed your thread. I've been in a similar situation as you and the way to get your apps back are very easy. You can access your mobihand account from www.shopcrackberry.com, mobile app store version, similar with your on-device app store (the crackberry app store account = your mobihand powered store account). I strongly recommend you to login straight from your native blackberry browser for snappy OTA delivery. After you logged in, you will straight away see all your purchased apps completely listed along with the download arrow next to each app. If they have an upgrade available, they will urge you to download the latest version instead. Hope my post helps you. Have a bright day GBU
    03-30-10 12:55 AM
    Suppose I should have been clearer about this, but I'm referring to Blackberry App World, not Crackberry's App Shop

... But good to know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 01:16 AM
    oops, sorry Kholya for misinterperting your question. I never come accross problems with paid apps from blackberry app world. The blackberry app world paid apps service isn't available in my country (although it would be very nice if they are). I can only get the free ones (which mostly a lighter version or trial). I guess, if I did have one, I would probably experienced the same problem. Currently, everytime I upgraded my os, I will have to re-register all my paid apps although I backed them up before =)
    03-30-10 01:21 AM
    oops, sorry Kholya for misinterperting your question. I never come accross problems with paid apps from blackberry app world. The blackberry app world paid apps service isn't available in my country (although it would be very nice if they are). I can only get the free ones (which mostly a lighter version or trial). I guess, if I did have one, I would probably experienced the same problem. Currently, everytime I upgraded my os, I will have to re-register all my paid apps although I backed them up before =)
    03-30-10 01:44 AM
    OK, so obviously you misunderstood Bla1ze.

Alt + RST = ALT + R, S, T as in type R, S, T, while holding Alt.

Do this from the My world screen, app world will reset and everything will return. this has happened since the very first time someone upgraded an OS.
    03-30-10 01:50 AM
    Well, I'll be damned .... thanks!
    03-30-10 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD