10-11-19 01:47 PM
129 1234 ...
tools
    I'm not so sure. Maybe you missed:

There is no radio file. Without the radio file you have nothing.
    09-20-10 11:13 AM
    I'm not so sure. Maybe you missed:
    obviously you have better knowledge of what IS in the radio file. do you remember that lyricidal managed to get some of the os5 functionalities to os4 storm1 back then? it was not perfect, but it was there and people were happy about it.

anyway, I'll be one of the first people to load the 'hybrid' up if some of them really succeeded in doing it. if you feel don't want to try, it is not my concern and you can do whatever makes you happy with your phone.

once again thanks for the respond.
    09-20-10 11:21 AM
    yodatom10

Good Luck, I for one would love to see you make it work and prove RIM wrong. Best believe if you are able to do it, all of the people who left negative remarks will want a download link. Keep the faith Bro or Sis lol!
    09-20-10 11:40 AM
    you guys are a fail if ur giving in to the fact that u can get webkit to run on 5.0 lmaoo. or even os6 on storm period.

go ahead try torch files on the storm lol. the low ram on storm will not allow os6 to run on it.

crush29830 jus kill the dream of having storm run os6. Ur not a advanced blackberry user to say "yes it can be done" when in reality people have tried to run os6 on the storm with total failure.

jus hustle hard and buy a new phone lol
    09-20-10 01:12 PM
    obviously you have better knowledge of what IS in the radio file. do you remember that lyricidal managed to get some of the os5 functionalities to os4 storm1 back then? it was not perfect, but it was there and people were happy about it.

anyway, I'll be one of the first people to load the 'hybrid' up if some of them really succeeded in doing it. if you feel don't want to try, it is not my concern and you can do whatever makes you happy with your phone.

once again thanks for the respond.
    So basically what you're saying is that you'll be happy with something that runs like crap as long as you can lay claim to having some cobbled-together permutation of OS 6? Yeah, makes sense to me.
    09-20-10 03:07 PM
    you guys are a fail if ur giving in to the fact that u can get webkit to run on 5.0 lmaoo. or even os6 on storm period.

go ahead try torch files on the storm lol. the low ram on storm will not allow os6 to run on it.

crush29830 jus kill the dream of having storm run os6. Ur not a advanced blackberry user to say "yes it can be done" when in reality people have tried to run os6 on the storm with total failure.

jus hustle hard and buy a new phone lol

Dont have to hustle hard Im retired. Youll be there one day Hahahaaa
    09-20-10 03:08 PM
    Buy a new phone, close the thread.
    09-20-10 03:14 PM
    I can not believe how negative some folks are.

Maybe to the OP, his "old" Storm 2 is his version of having a old Chevy in the garage that he's trying to build up?

Why knock him for it? Why be a "hater"? One of my favorite things to do is making my doubters eat crow. So if the OP actually suceeds, I hope you nay sayers have you all plates ready!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 03:45 PM
    why is it everytime someone on crackberry mentions they are doing something to help others or something cool and fun and just share with people or ask a question looking for some useful help theres always so many DI*KS that do nothing but talk crap? almost every other bb site is helpful and filled with nice helpful people...but crackberry seems to be the place to go if you want to be talked down to and get NO help at all and NO props at all for your hard work....id suggest to everyone to start going to some forums like blackberryos, bbhybrids, and driphter.

and OP thanks for your post and for your hard work to try to give everyone something awesome! good luck with it! you will need it for sure lol
    09-20-10 04:08 PM
    also OP if you head over to driphter forum you will see that they are currently workikng on this as well....maybe you can get together with them and give your 2 cents to get this thing workin!
    09-20-10 04:10 PM
    This thread is hilarious...

Have fun wasting your time guys...
    09-20-10 04:20 PM
    Guys why can't we all just get along?

09-20-10 05:13 PM
    Any updates?
    09-20-10 05:58 PM
    Ignore all the negative *****, dude. Half of them need to take some basic grammar and spelling classes before they even start hating on here. If you can manage it, go for it I'm sure it'd make people plenty happy if you could! And even if not, the effort is commendable!

09-20-10 06:18 PM
    I have my doubts but it'd be interesting to see if it could be done. Least there might be some insight on why one person could do it and two corporations didn't with no explanation (or confirmation) why they didn't.
    09-21-10 12:15 AM
    yes, whats with some of you people, you bag the **** out of everyone if they say there doing something new, thank god for the few good people left...
    09-21-10 04:38 AM
    yes, whats with some of you people, you bag the **** out of everyone if they say there doing something new, thank god for the few good people left...
    While you're at it, wish him luck in his efforts to build a time travel machine, too. He has the same chance of success, you know, so he needs all the moral support he can get.
    09-21-10 08:05 AM
    ^^^ LMAO! HAHA

But yea, whats with people trying to do the IMPOSSIBLE and when people tell them its impossible they resort to name calling and bashing...?

Driphter this dripther that, its called page ranking people... all hype and "marketing".
    09-21-10 11:40 AM
    how about you people crawl out of your shell a bit, instead of screaming at people saing dont do this and dont do that, and you know why stuff like this happens, is because people like you are pesemistic, the glass is always half empty isnt it!
    09-21-10 08:20 PM
    how about you people crawl out of your shell a bit, instead of screaming at people saing dont do this and dont do that, and you know why stuff like this happens, is because people like you are pesemistic, the glass is always half empty isnt it!
    Nobody's screaming.

If you want to keep on believing in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the OP being able to port OS 6 to the Storm 2, rock on, brother.
    09-22-10 07:42 AM
    Yodatom10 how your project goes?are u getting close on getting storm2 to work on os.6?
    09-22-10 08:32 AM
    Yeah he's real close, so close he can taste it
    09-22-10 10:40 AM
    man i cant wait untill i hit genius status then ill be cool like the rest of the people on this site .. i will however have to move into my parents basement ,dump my real (not cyber) girlfriend and get my virginity back but at least it will say crackhead genius next to my name ...... i cant wait
    09-22-10 11:54 AM
    man i cant wait untill i hit genius status then ill be cool like the rest of the people on this site .. i will however have to move into my parents basement ,dump my real (not cyber) girlfriend and get my virginity back but at least it will say crackhead genius next to my name ...... i cant wait
    Don't quit your day job, Shecky.

Meanwhile, yodatom regrets to inform you that while he promised OS 6 on the Storm 2 by last night, he has since moved onto more readily achievable "projects," such as finding where Jimmy Hoffa is buried and getting Flash to run on the OS 5.0 browser.
    09-22-10 12:45 PM
    i think storm users are latching on to the hope for os6 port to their device.

i know ur salty about it, but dont get high blood pressure over it..... buy a new phone when u can lol

and its impossible to put a full os6 on a storm.... those devices fail
    09-22-10 12:55 PM
129 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD