after 2 long days to get this to load and tons of google searching it has prompted me with the 6.0 core app update but it cant find one file

net.rim.platform.ecmascrip. does any one now were i can find this file. this is an old storm 2 and i have sense goten a replacment so i dont care if the whole things blows up when i update. but i would love to get this to work and make a point to rim. and if stable share to all of you so we can enjoy os 6
    thanks,tom
    09-19-10 03:10 PM
    we going to do this again? without a storm 2 os 6 leak YOU WILL NOT GET OS 6 ON YOUR STORM!
    Last edited by howarmat; 10-11-19 at 01:55 PM.
    09-19-10 04:02 PM
    i just says core apps not whole phone and it is accepting it is there any were i can just download the file. so i just can try it. sometimes you dont know what can be done without trying and you would be happy if i can get it work. so were can i download
    net.rim.platform.ecmascrip
    J Bali likes this.
    09-19-10 04:05 PM
    so, your phone isn't a PHONE, but a project? what happened to guys working on an old jalopy or motorcycle?? I'll never understand (so don't get offended if your best effort to explain it to me fail) why people spend hours toiling on trying to change the OS on a PHONE. Don't u use your phone for phone calls and messaging? Does it not bother you to take it OFFLINE for much of the day to tinker with it?? I don't even like to reboot my phone, (3+ minutes).
    09-19-10 05:21 PM
    hopefully we can install the refresh version of OS6 on our old antique 9550
    09-19-10 05:30 PM
    Wait for Storm 2 Refresh. When OS 6 updates get leaked for that phone, then you can load them on your Storm 2 without issue.
    09-19-10 06:09 PM
    square hole; round peg??
    09-19-10 06:15 PM
    driphter is working on ported os6 to all devices and yes that includes are nice 9950so the wait should be over soon
    09-19-10 06:41 PM
    driphter is working on ported os6 to all devices and yes that includes are nice 9950so the wait should be over soon
    note: I wasn't waiting.
    09-19-10 06:45 PM
    I just loaded it on a 9650 and its pretty nice. The footprint was only 90 megs after shrinking. I do think itd work on a storm 2 after all.

Forget the naysayers on this forum - I'll download it when you get it figured out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by eazymac; 12-01-10 at 09:54 AM.
    09-19-10 07:01 PM
    yeah a HYBRID but that is not the same thing...
    Last edited by howarmat; 10-11-19 at 01:56 PM.
    09-19-10 07:05 PM
    Wow you guys are jerks. There's a guy out here nice enough to spend his time working on something that I'm sure SEVERAL members here would like to see happen and you're treating him like a pile of dog crap. Did he do anything wrong or spiteful? Nope, not really.

yodatom, pay them no attention. They think they know everything and that it is 100% absolutely impossible. I hope you can prove them wrong.
    09-19-10 07:50 PM
    Packing it in for the night ill will work on it more tommrow. Getting closer hope to have it working by end of Tuesday.

09-19-10 08:22 PM
    Wow you guys are jerks. There's a guy out here nice enough to spend his time working on something that I'm sure SEVERAL members here would like to see happen and you're treating him like a pile of dog crap. Did he do anything wrong or spiteful? Nope, not really.

yodatom, pay them no attention. They think they know everything and that it is 100% absolutely impossible. I hope you can prove them wrong.
    I have to concur, it is his experiment and phone... stop acting like a bunch of mongrels.
    09-19-10 08:40 PM
    I have to agree with jpattersonlee & kriptikchicken. If he wants to go for it, let him. I don't have a problem with voicing your opinion but you could be more constructive or polite about it. I hope you do get it to work too and best of luck.

Plus in his defense he said said it was a old storm 2 that he doesn't use so then its even better because he can't really mess anything up too bad on a phone that he doesn't use.

.....this is an old storm 2 and i have sense goten a replacment so i dont care if the whole things blows up when i update.....
    09-19-10 10:22 PM
    so, your phone isn't a PHONE, but a project? what happened to guys working on an old jalopy or motorcycle?? I'll never understand (so don't get offended if your best effort to explain it to me fail) why people spend hours toiling on trying to change the OS on a PHONE. Don't u use your phone for phone calls and messaging? Does it not bother you to take it OFFLINE for much of the day to tinker with it?? I don't even like to reboot my phone, (3+ minutes).
    Really Dave? Were you born In 1812? This is our old "jalopy" gramps, and I don't know too many people who have a blackberry and just use it as a phone..... *smh* good luck to the OP, and I hope you get it to work, and when you do you can re-visit this thread and talk smack about all these naysayers

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-19-10 10:44 PM
    You people really NEED to get out more. You really do. It's ONLY a phone! LOL
    09-19-10 11:32 PM
    I think people can do whatever they want, but at the end of the day, we still don't have the .sfi file, so nothing more can be done than to create a hybrid. So the problem with this thread is that its misleading and gives people false hope that they will be able to run the actual OS on their devices. They won't, and with a hybrid, you'll still be dealing with an OS 5 base.

People can post what they like, including to be critical of this thread. And at the end of the day, we'll all see.

09-20-10 02:34 AM
    as long as they could get the webkit to work or parts of the 0s6 id be happy
    09-20-10 08:31 AM
    What part of no OS 6 for the 9550 do you people not understand??? I mean seriously, there is no radio file. Without the radio file you have nothing. You can sit and say that yea this guy could do it, sure and I could grow wings and start to fly. OS 6 on the 9550 was tested and deemed unusable. This title is missleading and extremely pointless, sorry to dash your hopes, its just not going to happen. RISM screwed you guys over pretty hard with this latest fukup.

Edit: I just wanted to point out one other thing. If the carriers who have been known to release subpar builds as officials in the past have said OS 6 on the 9550 is unusable, then it must just be complete and total shiit. Think back on OS 4.7.0.65 the initial build for the 9530. That was a launch OS for gods sake.
    Last edited by Valace2; 09-20-10 at 09:40 AM.
    09-20-10 09:36 AM
    Really Dave? Were you born In 1812? This is our old "jalopy" gramps, and I don't know too many people who have a blackberry and just use it as a phone..... *smh* good luck to the OP, and I hope you get it to work, and when you do you can re-visit this thread and talk smack about all these naysayers

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    ah, it IS a PHONE. just because it can access the internet doesn't mean it's not basically a frickin PHONE. i couldn't care less if he gets it to work or not--my phone works fine on 5.x
    09-20-10 10:31 AM
    . Think back on OS 4.7.0.65 the initial build for the 9530. That was a launch OS for gods sake.
    the next OS release (I think it was point 75) was no great shakes either!
    09-20-10 10:34 AM
    for those who are not happy knowing some people liking 9550 and doing best he can to 'port' os6 to 9550, but yet still have the 9550 AND reading this thread, can you like ignore and let the work slip IF they really did it?

i mean wouldn't you curious how it feels/looks/performs? come on, don't be so ignorant and writing something so discouraging.

i still remember when 9550 first came out, you guys were so excited and said all the good words. look now, you even discredit those who still like the device.

oh my god, grow up people... if you don't like it, keep it...
    09-20-10 11:02 AM
    for those who are not happy knowing some people liking 9550 and doing best he can to 'port' os6 to 9550, but yet still have the 9550 AND reading this thread, can you like ignore and let the work slip IF they really did it?

i mean wouldn't you curious how it feels/looks/performs? come on, don't be so ignorant and writing something so discouraging.

i still remember when 9550 first came out, you guys were so excited and said all the good words. look now, you even discredit those who still like the device.

oh my god, grow up people... if you don't like it, keep it...
    do you even understand the topic?
    09-20-10 11:06 AM
    do you even understand the topic?
    i do understand the topic, thanks, what i don't understand is why people discouraging the guy who likes to do something to his phone.
    09-20-10 11:11 AM
129 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD