Has anyone been able to get smartwifi working? I installed it on my 9930 (as part of the battery booster package) but I cannot add any wifi locations in the program.

Has nyone experienced the same?

Cheers

Nghia
    09-01-11 12:42 AM
    It's working on my 9810. I just copied the COD file from a backup and installed it using BBSAK and it works just fine.
    jizhilan likes this.
    09-01-11 07:49 AM
    For what it's worth, I had Smart wi-fi purchased at crackberry on my 9650, after I changed my account to my new Torch 9850 there is now a message in my crackberry account next to the smart wifi app stating it is not available for the 9810/9850.
    09-01-11 01:39 PM
    It's working on my 9930. I used the Desktop program to switch all of my programs over and haven't had a problem so far.
    09-01-11 09:46 PM
    Its working with no issues on my 9810.
    09-01-11 11:06 PM
    thanks for all the responses. Strange, I have no problem starting the app. I just cant add wifi locations
    09-02-11 04:43 AM
    Thinks all...this info will useful for me in future,maybe ...my brother phone is I4M Quad Band Dual Cards FM Bluetooth Touch Screen 3 Pages menu Cell Phone,hah...it had use long time...maybe replace equipment...
    09-02-11 04:53 AM
    What happens when you try? Does it popup the prompt to add when you connect to a new wifi location? What version are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rrrebo; 09-02-11 at 08:41 AM. Reason: typo
    09-02-11 06:55 AM
    This app never worked on my 9780 / OS 6, useless really and it runs in the background all the time.

Had it refunded ASAP

How hard is it to turn off Wifi anyway?

I do it very easily with QuickLaunch
    09-02-11 11:39 AM
    Works perfectly for me. By the time I walk in my front door, I'm already connected to BIS via wifi. Same whenever I go to friends' houses. It's not that it's hard to turn wifi on and off; it's just a question of having to remember each time, which I'm notoriously bad about. I used to think the same way, who needs it? But I tried it when a friend gave me the .cod, and I ended up paying for it, 50% off. Totally worth it.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-02-11 02:47 PM
    I'm using Wifi Manager. I think it has some problems turning on ur wifi when you enter an area but it will turn off ur wifi if you leave the cell location. It has a very small footprint compared to smartwifi and takes up less memory when its running in the background than smartwifi.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-02-11 11:36 PM
    thanks for all the responses. Strange, I have no problem starting the app. I just cant add wifi locations
    Hey! I'm having the same problem on my 9900 ever since I updated to their latest version. I emailed their tech support who was useless n said to wait until another update. Considering it took them 1 year to release the latest one, any ideas on a fix yourself?
    04-11-12 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD