i had zero problems downloading the new update for my verizon tour and saw no defects last night before i went to bed. this morning when i woke up i noticed that in my sms/mms screen all the texts that were sent to me didn't include the names from my contacts list, just their phone numbers. do i have to redownload 5.0 again?
    01-19-10 07:48 AM
    No. If you restored them from a backup I have heard of this happening. Have someone send you a new text and see if the contact name comes up. Also check to see if you restored your contacts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 07:53 AM
    yeah i'm currently restoring my contacts now....first everything was fine and then my texts all i got was their phone numbers and when i went to my contact list it was empty when it was all there last night.
    01-19-10 07:56 AM
    This is new to me too, so not totally sure, but check the option in Options - SMS Text - Show Names. Maybe this will help.

01-19-10 08:02 AM
    Restore your contacts from DM, battery pull. Should be fine.

01-19-10 08:33 AM
    i tried to back up from DM and did a battery pull and still the only contact i have is the global contact
    01-19-10 08:39 AM
    for some stupid reason i had to download google sync and that's how i got my contacts back...now i have to redo everyone's ringtones and settings...damn this sucks lol
    01-19-10 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD