I have VZW but because I'm on a late hybrid, I don't get the application push, right? i go to Skype's mobile download and it says it's not available for my phone. Make sense or am I missing something? Another way to get it installed?

Thanks all
    03-25-10 09:31 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I'm not on a hybrid, but it just dawned on me that I'm on a non-Verizon OS release. That might explain it.
    03-25-10 09:35 AM
    Are you using the OTA link provided here? I could not get that to work. It just said not available, not that it wasn't available for my phone.

Go to http://phones.verizonwireless.com/skypemobile/ and try entering your phone number to get a download link.
    03-25-10 09:38 AM
    Are you using the OTA link provided here? I could not get that to work. It just said not available, not that it wasn't available for my phone.

Go to http://phones.verizonwireless.com/skypemobile/ and try entering your phone number to get a download link.
    try these too.

Download Skype for your mobile

Download Skype for your mobile
    03-25-10 09:42 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I'm not on a hybrid, but it just dawned on me that I'm on a non-Verizon OS release. That might explain it.
    I am on .517 and it works perfect for me
    03-25-10 09:43 AM
    nope. none of the links work (all say sorry, Skype mobile is not available for your phone)
    03-25-10 09:51 AM
    nope. none of the links work (all say sorry, Skype mobile is not available for your phone)
    try this : Download Skype for your mobile . Just used this link and loaded with no problem. i am running .517 with the .591 hybrid and had no issues.
    03-25-10 10:07 AM
    nope. same message.
    03-25-10 10:11 AM
    03-25-10 10:12 AM
    ding ding ding ding!

thanks!
    03-25-10 10:13 AM
    ding ding ding ding!

thanks!
    No problem!
    03-25-10 10:16 AM
    somebody on here that already has it loaded on there phone could back up there phone and apps via. DM, and find the backup file and give you the .cods. Then you could just load them up via BBSAK... Just a tholught Nvm glad you got it...
    03-25-10 10:16 AM
    Now, what is Skype?

(jk)
    03-25-10 10:17 AM
    somebody on here that already has it loaded on there phone could back up there phone and apps via. DM, and find the backup file and give you the .cods. Then you could just load them up via BBSAK... Just a tholught
    The link i posted works
    03-25-10 10:17 AM
    Thanks hydroz_23!
    03-25-10 10:21 AM
    make sure you download it with the native browser... it won't load with any others it will say phone not supported
    03-25-10 11:14 AM
    Hybrid here and recieved the push this morning after a reboot, try rebooting and see if it comes through.

Even when they push, it doesn't show until you restart the phone.
    03-25-10 01:34 PM
    Mine got pushed to my BB this morning, and it downloaded just fine but when I actually open the program it says "Skype mobile can only be used on Verizon Wireless in the US" and then it only gives me an option to close the program.
    03-25-10 02:04 PM
    make sure you download it with the native browser... it won't load with any others it will say phone not supported
    We have a winner. Opera won't define your phone and Skype does not know what model it is. Use BB's browser and it will download just fine.
    Product is worthless though IMO. The TOS plainly states any domestic calls are taken from your Verizon minutes. If you have international friends, this app may be worth it. All international calls go through Skype itself and not charged to your minutes.
    03-25-10 02:27 PM
    We have a winner. Opera won't define your phone and Skype does not know what model it is. Use BB's browser and it will download just fine.
    Product is worthless though IMO. The TOS plainly states any domestic calls are taken from your Verizon minutes. If you have international friends, this app may be worth it. All international calls go through Skype itself and not charged to your minutes.
    So why would you make domestic calls? It seems pointless to do that to me, though the international calls make more sense...
    03-25-10 02:59 PM
    I never understood the big deal with Skype on a mobile phone. (except for international calling) I always thought the big attraction of Skype was more for PC to PC calling with web cams so you could have video calls with your friends/family. Hard to do on a cell phone with the camera on the back.
    03-25-10 03:13 PM
    That's domestic calls to non skype numbers. Skype to skype? No vz minutes used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD