One of the newer features in BBOS that I was really liking was the left/right side swiping to scroll through messages. You could use that instead of hitting N and P. Well, it seems to be gone in OS 7.1, or at least the version I'm using? Leaked official 7.1.0.267.
    Can anyone else confirm that this feature is strangely missing, or is it back in a newer release? Oddly, I can swipe left and right in open BBM chats, but not the any of the message inboxes.
    04-11-12 08:22 AM
    One of the newer features in BBOS that I was really liking was the left/right side swiping to scroll through messages. You could use that instead of hitting N and P. Well, it seems to be gone in OS 7.1, or at least the version I'm using? Leaked official 7.1.0.267.
    Can anyone else confirm that this feature is strangely missing, or is it back in a newer release? Oddly, I can swipe left and right in open BBM chats, but not the any of the message inboxes.
    I'm currently on .342 and swipe between messages is certainly there. I was temporarily on .267 and believe it was there as well -- but it was tuned off by default. Try this...

Go to Messages Options > Message Display and Actions. Scroll down, and look for the 2nd entry under Actions. That's Swipe Between Messages. Make sure it's checked off and you should be good.

Hope this helps. ~ecm
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 04-11-12 at 09:10 AM. Reason: spelling
    04-11-12 09:09 AM
    Well, what do you know? I didn't know it was a configurable action.
    Thank you, sir!
    Goes to show you just how customizable our BB's really are. Even I, who is often educating people on their BB's, was just schooled....
    04-11-12 09:33 AM
    Thank you, sir!
    Goes to show you just how customizable our BB's really are. Even I, who is often educating people on their BB's, was just schooled....
    My pleasure. We share, we all learn. ~ecm
    04-11-12 09:45 AM
    Thank you, sir!
    happens to the best of us, don't worry about it.
    04-11-12 10:22 AM
    Thanks. Found your tips and it is working better now.
    04-22-12 04:16 AM
    Wow thanks alot im our BES administrator and struggled with that one. Happy days.
    05-23-12 03:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD