Hi,

How can I put a shortcut to BBM on my main screen? Its in my instant messenger folder but I dont really use any of the other apps in that folder.

Can I have a direct link for BBM on the "desktop" main screen area?

Thanks,
    Rich
    12-11-09 10:03 PM
    Yes you can put it on your home screen. Highlight your BBM icon, press the Blackberry menu key, Select MOVE TO FOLDER, then select HOME and put it where you want.
    12-11-09 10:05 PM
    How do you put it on your home page ?
    12-11-09 10:23 PM
    Like stated above.
    go to the folder/select BBM/hit BB button/move to folder Home/select BBM again/BB button and move within the 6 top icons.
    12-11-09 11:37 PM
    Hi brooklyn1976,

Follow compuduff's steps above. Once you get to the main menu page, highlight the BBM icon again, hit the Berry button, and select move. Move it to a slot that appears on your home screen.

Alternatively, you can turn off "Dial From Home Screen" from your Phone options. This frees up shortcuts to many different applications on your BlackBerry. Pushing "n" (without the quotes) will bring up BBM.

Hope this helps!

How do you put it on your home page ?
    12-11-09 11:38 PM
    Hi,

I went to the instant messaging folder, clicked on BBM, hit add to folder. It didn't give me the option of what folder to add it to. Now its gone from the IM folder, not on the main folder, and now my main messaging folder has BBMs in it.

How can I fix that?

Thanks

Rich

Hi brooklyn1976,

Follow compuduff's steps above. Once you get to the main menu page, highlight the BBM icon again, hit the Berry button, and select move. Move it to a slot that appears on your home screen.

Alternatively, you can turn off "Dial From Home Screen" from your Phone options. This frees up shortcuts to many different applications on your BlackBerry. Pushing "n" (without the quotes) will bring up BBM.

Hope this helps!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 10:36 AM
    Wow, thats odd? I just did the steps above and worked to a tee. Look in all of your folders. If all else fails just reset your icons and it should go back to how it was.
    12-12-09 10:53 AM
    How do I reset the icons? Sorry, I am pretty new. Thanks for the help
    12-12-09 11:09 AM
    go to menu and hit the menu key again and go to options and go to reset icon arrangement.
    12-12-09 11:11 AM
    You could also turn off dialing from the home screen (press the Talk key, then menu, options, dial from home screen ---> OFF) and then the N key will always launch BBM.
    12-12-09 11:32 AM
    I could add a contact from BBM to show on my home screen, but I can't see the icon.

please help.
    01-30-10 12:32 PM
    You do realize this thread is almost 2 months old. You would best be assistaed starting a new thread with the actual question summarized in your subject line. As you have asked here, I can't understand what your actually asking.
    01-30-10 03:23 PM
    You do realize this thread is almost 2 months old. You would best be assistaed starting a new thread with the actual question summarized in your subject line. As you have asked here, I can't understand what your actually asking.
    Yes, I do know how old this thread is. I was doing some searching like a good newbie. Like I said in my post, I can add a contact from BBM to the home screen but the icon does not show up
    01-30-10 05:33 PM
    Never mind I found out what I was doing wrong

01-30-10 06:54 PM
    I did not mean to sound rude. Sorry. Anyways, glad to hear that you were able to figure this out. Kudos......
    01-30-10 07:29 PM
    I did not mean to sound rude. Sorry. Anyways, glad to hear that you were able to figure this out. Kudos......
    No problem.
    01-30-10 09:30 PM
    how do i do it on 'the bb today' set up?
    02-25-13 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD