Excellent post! It worked in one go!!

Thanks a lot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 06:56 PM
    HELP!!!

I've been on the BES but came off trying to save some $$....my thought was to access my work e-mail via the https site set up to do so. I've tried on my phone & nada - I've tried through OperaMini & nada - I've tried setting it up on my laptop through the Blackberry Internet Service Site & nada.

What I am wondering is it possible that because the certificate for the https site for my company is 'expired' which would mean that the cert. couldn't be 'verified' when trying to access the site - be the issue? I've tried manually entering the certificate info (https website) in my phone & that's a no-go, too.

My other thought (by reading these posts) is it possible that I've got some sort of 'block' or something left from being on BES? I do have that lil red padlock found in the Firewall Status showing enabled. Is this something that my IT dept. can remove (even though I'm no longer on the BES?)

I need help!!! I've tried talking w/Verizon & I swear I knew more than the goob I talked w/on the phone. My IT dept seems a little clueless too. I really don't want to have to get back on the BES, but it seems that this going to be my only option. I saw a post about Desktop Redirector. What is this? Is it basically having e-mails forwarded? I have a rule set-up on my desktop computer that 'forwards' e-mails to the e-mail address set-up on my phone, but this is really not a great option 'cause e-mails on the desktop don't change to read, delete, etc.

HELP...PLEASE!!??!?!?!?!
    01-13-10 12:33 AM
    I've read through the whole thread, as well as other threads on the web and am still having difficulty...

I keep getting an error message that states:
    Cannot connect to email server or invalid server name.
    Please verify the Outlook Web Access URL. If the error persists contat <domain>.com

My URL for OWA is mail.<domain>.com/exchange
    In my Outlook, I went into my mailbox info and saw that the exchange server address is <serverID>.<domain>.com

I've tried both as URLs as well as combinations of the two but continue to get the above error...

Any thoughts?
    01-28-10 05:17 PM
    Finally the answer!! I can't thank you enough for this post. I have spent last 7 days trying to find out how I can access my office email on a BB without using BES.
    Eclectic_Dude
    02-01-10 08:36 PM
    I've read through the whole thread, as well as other threads on the web and am still having difficulty...

I keep getting an error message that states:
    Cannot connect to email server or invalid server name.
    Please verify the Outlook Web Access URL. If the error persists contat <domain>.com

My URL for OWA is mail.<domain>.com/exchange
    In my Outlook, I went into my mailbox info and saw that the exchange server address is <serverID>.<domain>.com

I've tried both as URLs as well as combinations of the two but continue to get the above error...

Any thoughts?
    I am in the same boat. From what I gather it has to do with ISA firewall.

I'm still looking into a solution but it does not look promising.
    02-14-10 08:28 AM
    How to align combobox,Label & Text Field in Same Horizontal Field...please any one help me.....i am new black berry developer ...
    02-22-10 10:40 PM
    Well, I was pretty excited to look at this thread, but the excitment dampened.

I can access my owa account through Opera. I get a screen where I have to enter my employee ID and the password. How do I set this up manually?

When I access OWA via Opera mini, I provide the URL: https:\\myorg.com\owa\ and I get fields to enter my Employee ID and my password. While setting this up manually, I dont get any field to provide my user ID information - all I can input is the OWA Email address and my password and this cant work. How will I do that when setting this up manually?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thank you for this. I couldn't get my work e-mail to work using the OP's directions but after downloading Opera Mini I can easily access it through that browser.

Thanks again!
    02-26-10 09:58 PM
    This is awesome. Thanks again for the how-to. I do have a question about this. Is there an easy way to disable this account at different times of the day? I would rather not have my phone checking work email on the weekends and evenings, etc. Thanks!
    03-04-10 09:05 AM
    The only way i see doing that, is locally from the PC/Outlook. Set it to "out of office" It will hold email.
    03-04-10 09:07 AM
    Crackberry has done it again, you dont know how frustrated ive been and what ive tried to go through to get this done, I had tried this before but didnt have the correct settings, I just did it and it worked the first time. YIPPEE. Thanks for the post.
    03-09-10 09:31 AM
    Crackberry has done it again, you dont know how frustrated ive been and what ive tried to go through to get this done, I had tried this before but didnt have the correct settings, I just did it and it worked the first time. YIPPEE. Thanks for the post.
    Nice!

Glad we got you setup!
    03-09-10 09:48 AM
    This is great. I am doing everything necessary but keep on getting an error message, "Cannot connect to Server or Invalid server name."
    Funny part is I still get email at my work email address with message "Your attempt to configure the BlackBerry Internet Service to deliver mail to your BlackBerry device from this email account was unsuccessful. This email provides instructions to help with the email account set up."
    Would apprecaite your help.
    03-17-10 08:50 PM
    This is great. I am doing everything necessary but keep on getting an error message, "Cannot connect to Server or Invalid server name."
    Funny part is I still get email at my work email address with message "Your attempt to configure the BlackBerry Internet Service to deliver mail to your BlackBerry device from this email account was unsuccessful. This email provides instructions to help with the email account set up."
    Would apprecaite your help.
    Give it some time and try again later. I've had one setup like this for years. Last time (within the last week) I tried to update/verify my password, it stopped connecting and I got errors. I tried again a couple days later and it finally reconnected. Maybe it was just having some issues at the time.
    03-18-10 10:19 AM
    I am the only one in my office who connects to their work mail, although there are three of us with BBs. I was about to take the plunge to have BES Express installed and set that up when I ran across this post and took the chance. Awesome-just picked up the first new e-mail. I really only need to see if there are any messages that need attention over the weekend, so this is perfect. And Google sync syncs my office calendar, so I'm set without any extra work on the server. Thanks for a very useful post!
    03-19-10 08:45 AM
    If i don't have unlimited data plan will the incomming messages be additional charge or only the sent messages will be billed? I may be asking a vague question as this might be carrier specific. Anyway, it may also isn't.
    06-09-10 06:46 PM
    Configuring a 1and1 exchange account with my Spritn8130Options
    Edit Message

Mark as New

Bookmark

Subscribe

Subscribe to RSS Feed

Highlight

Print

Email to a Friend

Report Inappropriate Content

06-14-2010 10:51 AM

I have a sprint 8130 that I have had for almost 2 years. I recently had some sync problems which forced me to do a hard reset. After my initial hard reset Sprint Navigation did not work. Sprint support had me do another hard reset and then reinstall sprint navigation. After all that I could not get my email service books back on the phone. I have deleted and set up 2 of my three email accounts successfully. The third is my work account which is a 1and1 exchange account. I had it setup previously as an imap account and have entered the info I am asked for in the setup wizard exaclty as I had before but it continues to configure the email as a pop3 even when though the server info is imap.exchange.1and1.com. Someone please help!
    06-14-10 10:20 AM
    my company has barred the acces to BIS. Plz let me know any other way to get my emails on BB with BIS.
    06-29-10 05:32 AM
    Hey guys, I recently used this method to set up my OWA with BIS, and it worked (thanks btw), but unfortunately read/opened emails dont sync on my blackberry. Is this because I'm reading/opening them in Outlook at work instead of through the Web Access? (We have both options, but obviously OWA is meant to be from home)

Deleted messages do sync, and I receive new emails pretty promptly.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    07-14-10 08:37 PM
    Great post. Works great for me. Is it possible to set this up so that at certain times it will not push emails to your phone? For example, set it up to not push emails to my phone from 8 - 5 everyday.
    07-15-10 12:50 PM
    No, there is no way that i know of on the BIS side of things.
    07-15-10 02:25 PM
    Thank you so much.
    07-16-10 02:37 AM
    awesome tip
    07-23-10 12:59 PM
    Great post. Works great for me. Is it possible to set this up so that at certain times it will not push emails to your phone? For example, set it up to not push emails to my phone from 8 - 5 everyday.
    Were you able to find a way to make this work? Any app ideas? Like you, I dont want my work emails to be pushed to my BB and left as 'unread' on my BB because I will be reading them through Outlook on my PC.
    07-28-10 07:07 AM
    I just set mine up seamlessly! (Is that a word? Did I spell it right? LOL!)

I just put in my username and password and it set up automatically!

Didn't expect it to be that easy!
    09-03-10 02:05 PM
    I am on Sprint and setup my OWA work email at sprint.blackberry.com. I can now send/receive work emails on my Blackberrry. And I do see a Work Calendar. However, I don't see any entries in the Calendar. I have Google Sync and can see entries in my Google Calendar.

Things were working fine on my older Curve. This is the Bold 9650. Any idea on why don't I see any appointments in my work calendar? I tried deleting the account and setting it up again but to no success.
    09-22-10 01:45 PM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD