I have a similar issue to some already mentioned here.

I've got a refurbished BB9000, which I'm using with a Virgin Mobile contract SIM (not a BB data plan). I would be quite happy to get a data plan, but Virgin Mobile UK don't support the 9000 (the nearest they do is the 9700) and my contract doesn't expire til March.

I have an issue on the phone, that I think will require the resending of service books, which I assume can only be done if you've got the correct BlackBerry provision, which obviously I haven't. (The Host Route Table on my phone is blank and I don't have any BlackBerry specific service books, although I do have general VM ones).

Do Virgin Mobile have service books for specific handsets? I assume, if they did sign me up for BIS, that I couldn't use a 9700 service book on a 9000 phone? Or could I?

Many thanks for any help.
    09-04-10 07:21 PM
    i have a 8350i and i am using boostberry with the 4.6 os. will my bb crash if i upgrade to the new 5.0 os as suggested by my bb dm?
    09-08-10 11:01 AM
    Hi. Here's the background of my question, first my theme is ablution and i found out that the icon for mail for the theme if configured correctly to receive email will turn in to envelope with the yahoo logo which is Y on a bubble. Now sometimes when i do a batt pull the icon becomes an ordinary envelope but everytime i would resend my service books it would go back to the envelope with the yahoo logo on it. So my question is - is is ok to resend service books even if i can receive perfectly well my emails? I know this is shallow but please indulge me> Thanks in advance
    09-28-10 05:21 PM
    A lot of Questions but no Answers
    01-27-11 03:25 AM
    hello , i'm from vietnam . Can you help me to download these themes on app world

App World - Azure and Pink - Animated Notification Inside
    App World - FREE Boho Fashion Theme (Not Animated)
    App World - In The City for BlackBerry
    App World - Grape Theme
    App World - Crystal Shape

because appwworld didn't allow to download to vietnam
    i used simulator 5.0 but this version didn't have file 9000
    i've used 9700.bat but when i download these theme i can't use for my bold 9000
    help me plz
    thank you
    01-28-11 12:15 PM
    Worked for me. Thanks =)
    02-01-11 04:03 PM
    Thank you for your help.
    08-14-11 06:21 PM
    Can you help me with my 9780 Blackberry.
    My provider is Consumer cellular. They cannot help me because my Blackberry is not one of there approved phones. They said to contact blackberry. In there help section I found this. If you are using your own phone with your Consumer Cellular plan, you can sign up for one of our Connect! plans for messaging and web browsing:
    1. Sign up for the Connect! service:
    a. Log in to My Account.
    b. Click "Change Services" in the box on the right.
    c. Select the Connect! plan that best fits your needs.
    d. Select “Messaging” and "Data (Web)" for the different phones on your plan. You can decide which phones receive each service. Turning off one of the services for a selected phone, or for all phones, does not affect the price of the plan.
    e. Click "Submit."
    2. Configure your phone to work with the Connect! service. Each phone is different, so you will need to refer to your phone’s user manual to find out how to change the following settings:

Service Name MMS Web
    Proxy Address proxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com <blank>
    Proxy Port 80 <blank>
    Proxy Push Disabled Enabled
    Authentication Type Secure Secure
    Username (CSD/GPRS) <blank> <blank>
    Password (CSD/GPRS) <blank> <blank>
    GPRS access point att.mvno att.mvno
    Homepage http://mmsc.cingular.com http://mmsc.cingular.com

I do not how to use it, Can you help. where do I put this service book?
    Last edited by ddry999; 08-28-11 at 12:13 PM.
    08-14-11 06:44 PM
    hello , i'm from vietnam . Can you help me to download these themes on app world

App World - Azure and Pink - Animated Notification Inside
    App World - FREE Boho Fashion Theme (Not Animated)
    App World - In The City for BlackBerry
    App World - Grape Theme
    App World - Crystal Shape

because appwworld didn't allow to download to vietnam
    i used simulator 5.0 but this version didn't have file 9000
    i've used 9700.bat but when i download these theme i can't use for my bold 9000
    help me plz
    thank you
    Please post in the relevant forum..
    you can ask a friend / someone you know from the US to download it for you.
    10-11-11 11:49 AM
    anybody knows how to get the services books for my blackberry? i want to unlock the txt and the browser..
    10-13-11 02:21 PM
    Dumb question. What symptom would occur to indicate one needs to do this? I mean obviously if email's not working or whatever... I get that. Anything else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by southlander; 10-13-11 at 02:50 PM.
    10-13-11 02:35 PM
    someone with the knowledge to do so needs to post a direct download here for the service books for each carrier, so we can install them on our blackberrys ourselves...
    10-13-11 08:14 PM
    It will be hard to do that.. but it can be very helpful..
    10-28-11 01:33 PM
    You can actually send service books via your handset. As long as you have signed up for an account with your service provider/carrier.

You can access it via setup > email settings. It will prompt you for username and password, then log in. Once you get into the add email screen, press the bbkey and you will see there service books. You'll be able to send service books then and there.
    11-09-11 05:02 PM
    Hello,

Is it possible to prevent service books auto-update?, i need some service books to be always "NOT AVAILABLE" but my carrier always updates the service books every couple of days.
    11-09-11 11:40 PM
    i have a blackberry 8330 with page plus and i have no service books at all i need to know how do i get the services book for my internet and emails to be working i ve tried creating account shown above but i says that my phone is not register but when i called and tell them i just get the run around so pl help dnt wanna have to get another phone
    01-15-13 02:36 PM
    You can't get BlackBerry data features with PagePlus.
    01-15-13 06:24 PM
    I do not have a data plan at all. I took my sim card from an old phone of mine and stuck it in a blackberry. I've had this blackberry for a year now, and I've never once used bbm (since I don't have any data), though I clicked on it the other day and it said to enter a display name, so I did. Now I have BBM, though I'm not sure how this will work, and I don't know if I will be charged for this?
    01-17-13 11:45 PM
    You need an active BlackBerry data plan to use BBM.
    01-18-13 06:34 AM
    I've found a few different viable service books for the 8530 (and one that seems to work for others...?), but I still can't MMS with them. Try them for yourself, I hope it can help.

There's one there for AT&T, Cricket (the Wifi one), Page Plus (BB), and Boost mobile (Combined3).

But there's a whole process to adding service books.
    Go to options > advanced options > service books, now hold down ALT and press S-B-E-B (if that doesn't work, maybe S-S-B-E-B. Some phones need that instead.). There should be a pop up talking about the legacy dadadadada. (I'm doing this from memory, here!)
    Hook the phone up to the comp and open Desktop Manager, go to Backup and Restore > Advanced, then on the blank left side, open the IPD of your choice. Move it to the right side. It'll ask you if you want to overwrite the files, and yes. Yes you do. Once it has finished, go to your BB, in options > advanced options > Host Routing Table, and press menu. Then select register now. And hopefully you'll have gotten done what you had set out to get done
    Don't forget to back up files just in case!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tedmacat; 08-21-13 at 07:15 PM.
    08-21-13 06:41 PM
    11-23-13 04:35 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD