Ok it's been a long night and it's 6.30 AM here and i've had no sleep. Please forgive any typos. I have an unlocked Telus Storm that's working great but i'm an ***** and can't leave well enough alone. I loaded 4.7.0.75 on her and from the time it rebooted it was problems. Nothing but error codes and the app menu was just a list. I then loaded .76 on it. Was ok until i realized i was not getting EDGE i checked the MEPD menu and the network was 'active'. I wiped the phone and reloaded .109 beta and now see BBM is missing. Bare in mind i triple check everything i need/ do not need before i install. Did a battpull and no BBM. Ok i reloaded the software on the phone this time i'm 10000% sure BBM is checked and it's still not there!

Oh it's not a standard install i used the blackberry master control program to remove things like the OEM wallpapers, VAD, etc. But this has never happed before. Any ideas? Help would greatly be appreciated BBM is one of my most used apps.

Thanks.
    03-07-09 04:36 AM
    I may be missing something here, but have you tried using DM to add BBM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 07:16 AM
    My bbm went missing when i change my theme, I freaked out called cs, but soon after i realized i just need to change to a different theme. Try it, hopefully it helps!
    03-07-09 07:20 AM
    make sure it isnt hidden, or moved to a folder
    03-07-09 07:23 AM
    Have you looked in the downloads or instant messaging folder depending on theme you?
    03-07-09 07:25 AM
    Mine was missing once ansimewhere there is an option to restore default layout if the icons and it came back. In fact I think the whole I'm folder was gone.

03-07-09 08:02 AM
    Go into the home screen options and try resetting the icon arrangement. That's what I did.

03-07-09 08:06 AM
    How did you unlock your telus storm ? All the unlocking sites have not figured it out yet ?
    03-07-09 08:18 AM
    Nothing WORKS! Yeah i checked all other folders and BBM is no where to be found. Thing that's freaking me out is it's in the applist in advanced options, yet no where to be found on the phone! Arrggghhhhh!!
    03-07-09 09:49 AM
    Try resending the service books, that may work. If not you should try the DM.
    03-07-09 10:14 AM
    from home screen press menu-> show all. check to see if its hidden possibly. if it is then highlight it and press menu and deselect hide. If its in the app list then it is on your phone.
    03-07-09 10:17 AM
    When i hit the apploader BBM is checked. Its on the device just the icon can't be found. Wiping and reloading now.
    03-07-09 10:25 AM
    I've got the same problem. Can't find BBMaps since installing Google Maps. It's in the app list, just can't access it or find it.
    03-07-09 11:10 AM
    Called a few friends they say my status is available and they sent me messages but nothing on my end obviously. I just tried downloading BBM from the blackberry website but it told me I don't meet the system requirements. WTF?! This is seriously maddening.

03-07-09 12:18 PM
    resend service books
    03-07-09 01:07 PM
    Service books for sure

03-07-09 01:23 PM
    resend service books
    And how do you do that?
    03-07-09 03:30 PM
    Go to help on your browser, or click on blackberry bookmarks, go to social, and im messenger, and download blackberry messenger.
    03-07-09 03:33 PM
    Did you change your theme? Thats all i had to do and the bbm icon showed up!
    03-07-09 04:47 PM
    Thanks for all the help guys. However i've done all of this already resent SBs, HRT registration, changed the theme. I wouldn't have asked for help if i didn't try everything before hand.
    03-07-09 05:14 PM
    Try removing BBM through the DM, doing a battery pull, then installing it through the DM again.
    03-07-09 05:19 PM
    Yeah. I'm doing that right now. Thanks. I think that will work but was trying to find a work around due to the fact that i'm on 56MB free and the Storm is running SUPER fast. If i use the DTM to load BBM all the useless crap is going back on the phone. Argh!
    03-07-09 05:22 PM
    Yeah. I'm doing that right now. Thanks. I think that will work but was trying to find a work around due to the fact that i'm on 56MB free and the Storm is running SUPER fast. If i use the DTM to load BBM all the useless crap is going back on the phone. Argh!
    Not necessarily. Only select bbm and nothing else and keep the same setting that you previously had and you should be good. I hope it all works out for you.
    03-07-09 06:05 PM
    The OEM papers etc and all part of the core apps so they will be loaded. BTW it didn't work. Still no BBM. I'm really at a loss here. My only hope is the next OS leaked or beta fixes this.
    03-07-09 06:13 PM
    dont know if this has been tried yet but did you wipe your device and reload the os?
    03-07-09 06:14 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD