Hi. Did lots of searches and came up with nothing. I have a Tour. I installed .191. Love it. However, I am having trouble sending texts to contacts I have already had previous conversations with(Does that make sense?). It won't let me do it. Instead I have to reply via MMS(That is only option it will give me). It's really weird. I even deleted all the previous conversations and it just gives me a blank slate when I try to send them a new text. If I have never texted with someone before or if someone sends me a text, I can reply fine.

As anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you do?

Thanks in advance.

Will
    09-08-09 11:18 AM
    Have you tried doing a batt pull?
    09-08-09 06:04 PM
    Have you tried doing a batt pull?
    Hey...thanks for the reply. I have tried that several times. No luck.
    09-08-09 06:06 PM
    Might want to try deleting the SMS database from DM. That should blow out all SMS messages and related data.
    09-09-09 03:39 AM
    Hi. Did lots of searches and came up with nothing. I have a Tour. I installed .191. Love it. However, I am having trouble sending texts to contacts I have already had previous conversations with(Does that make sense?). It won't let me do it. Instead I have to reply via MMS(That is only option it will give me). It's really weird. I even deleted all the previous conversations and it just gives me a blank slate when I try to send them a new text. If I have never texted with someone before or if someone sends me a text, I can reply fine.

As anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you do?

Thanks in advance.

Will
    I actually encountered this problem as well, except only when selecting a number someone txted me and choosing "SMS 555-XXXX" it just came up as a "blank slate" with the number on top of it. hmmmm
    09-09-09 08:12 AM
    Is the screen below essentially what you're seeing?

You only have the option to MMS a contact and not SMS?

If thats the problem, I believe its only because the default in the new SMS screen is to reply with a SMS, so if you start typing in the box and hit send, it will send a SMS. If you want to reply with a MMS, you have to go into options and hit 'send MMS'.

Hope this helps.
    09-09-09 09:41 AM
    Is the screen below essentially what you're seeing?

You only have the option to MMS a contact and not SMS?

If thats the problem, I believe its only because the default in the new SMS screen is to reply with a SMS, so if you start typing in the box and hit send, it will send a SMS. If you want to reply with a MMS, you have to go into options and hit 'send MMS'.

Hope this helps.
    That's exactly what I am seeing..however, I am not even getting a box to type into. Last night I did 2 battery pulls and it started working again, allowing me to SMS anyway I wanted. By 10 o'clock today, it was back to it's old ways. Very weird.
    09-09-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD