i have seemed to not be able to do this for some reason. is there any way to fix it? because when i send my messages via bbm, they show up with that red clock and wont fully send till im off the phone.
    09-06-09 12:11 AM
    that is because you are unable to use data while on a phone call. You can send a SMS while on a call because that is not data. But BBM or web browsing will not work until you are off the call.
    09-06-09 12:13 AM
    is this with all berries, because i didnt seem to have that problem when i had my previous berries. hmm
    09-06-09 12:19 AM
    i seemed to be able to do this with my previous berries hmm
    its a cdma thing, cdma cant do voice/data at the same time

gsm can
    09-06-09 12:33 AM
    its a cdma thing, cdma cant do voice/data at the same time

gsm can
    This is correct. It is a limitation with CDMA devices. We'll see if this changes if/when RIM releases a CDMA device with WIFI�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 02:24 AM
    Also EVDO Rev. B is said to be able to do simultaneous data/voice

verizon doesnt have any rev. b berries right now (or any phones yet I dont think)
    09-06-09 10:14 AM
    I noticed that it shows that you haave a Tour but using Rogers for a carrier. One of these must be incorrect because these don't work together.

Tour = CDMA
    Rogers = GSM
    09-06-09 11:19 AM
    Tour is a world phone that can work on GSM. He could have an unlocked Tour on Rogers. (Just like how one of my wife's sisters won a Storm 9530 and unlocked it to use on Rogers.)

@nobodyhome: I believe I read that too. I understand that there are currently no carriers with EVDO rev B offered. (At least in North America)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by elite1; 09-08-09 at 03:39 AM.
    09-06-09 11:46 AM
    Also EVDO Rev. B is said to be able to do simultaneous data/voice

verizon doesnt have any rev. b berries right now (or any phones yet I dont think)
    Rev. 0 is capable of simultaneous voice and data, its up to the carrier to implement it. If you look up the technical specs of EVDO/DV you will find that out, US CDMA carriers have chosen not to implement it
    09-07-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD