I seem to be having an issue with BBM 5.0 on my tour, but it might be my network, the issue is *** follows: when i send a message to some one who is available, the message gets a check mark, but no "delivered" or "received" and it stays that way, some times for hours, and the contact doesn't switch into unreachable as it should, just stays there, checked, but not delivered. when i send the same message again, it seems to go through, the first instance of the message does not deliver, but the second does.

as i said it may be my network, but I want to see if anyone was experiencing this, on telus or another provider, let me know what you think.

pin me or add me 30B844CF to discuss the situation.

Thanks!
    08-05-09 11:44 AM
    Yep that's why I removed mine while back. It'll stop delivering msgs. It is leaked software so u should expect it to not work properly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 11:47 AM
    i am having these issues with my 5.0 as well. unreachable contacts, undelivered messages etc. its getting really frustrating now and i need to downgrade. i love 5.0 but the undelivered messages are brutal. also makes me wonder how many messages inbound to me never got delivered.
    08-05-09 12:11 PM
    battery pull fixes 5.0 issues when they arise
    08-05-09 12:16 PM
    I've encountered the same issue. My bbm always times out and is not very responsive.

08-05-09 12:51 PM
    I'll stick to 4.7 bbm till an actual authorized version comes out
    08-05-09 12:57 PM
    Same issues here with undelivered messages in BBM 5.0. I've tried battery pulls (both QuickPulls and hard battery pulls for 60 seconds) and neither has fixed my problem.

Will most likely downgrade back to 4.7 but the restore process is a PITA for me because I'm on a Mac (and therefore, don't have DM to work with). Can't wait for that new DM for Mac to come out because PocketMac is utterly useless...
    08-05-09 01:01 PM
    Having problems with BBM right now also . Is it for sure that its only affecting BBM5 users?
    08-05-09 01:12 PM
    my bbm 5.0 works fine
    08-05-09 01:17 PM
    I sometimes will not get the "d" or "r" but then I'll still get a response to my message. No biggie, aim, yahoo, gtalk, and wlm do not have the "d" or "r" ever! No one complains about that. Plus rim has been having issues that affect ALL bbm users lately. I will not revert to 4.6 EVER.
    08-05-09 01:37 PM
    i used to get this on 4.7, then everyones failed, then i upgraded to 5.0 been rock solid, and as of yesterday this is happening again, i blame not the leak but RIM servers or something
    08-05-09 02:11 PM
    BBM 5.0 has too many issues for me to deal with. I went back to BBM 4.7 yesterday and now all of my messages go through without a hitch. However, I did notice that I'm only receiving about half of the messages from my contacts that are currently running 5.0
    08-05-09 02:12 PM
    Having problems with BBM right now also . Is it for sure that its only affecting BBM5 users?
    Yes, downgrade.
    08-05-09 02:13 PM
    BBM 5.0 has too many issues for me to deal with. I went back to BBM 4.7 yesterday and now all of my messages go through without a hitch. However, I did notice that I'm only receiving about half of the messages from my contacts that are currently running 5.0
    Not only that, but my contacts running 5.0 are experiencing a serious delay in when I send the messages
    08-05-09 02:14 PM
    what is the easiest way to downgrade? and will i keep my contacts? cause i tell you im about to have an embolism with this ****ty thing not working right.
    08-05-09 02:28 PM
    I went back to 4.7 as well. I got tired of dealing with the issues. Some things are just not worth it to me. I need things to work and dont have the time nor the patience to deal with leaked software that doesn't work on a consistant basis.

I will wait until official is released.

4.7 has been working perfectly.
    08-05-09 02:30 PM
    Well make a backup of your phone if you haven't already.. Delete bbm off your phone. Then you'll have to go to application loader and load bbm. You have to have the current OS installed on your pc to be able to do it. Then after bbm gets installed do an advanced restore and just select the bbm part of the file and it will restore your contacts

Cereal: Yeah that's why I went back It's really not that major of a difference. The things is does have isn't worth it if the msgs don't get delivered. .
    Last edited by Tdubby; 08-05-09 at 02:33 PM.
    08-05-09 02:30 PM
    Not only that, but my contacts running 5.0 are experiencing a serious delay in when I send the messages
    Yeah there is a delay, but not quite as bad as it was with 5.0......thank god.
    08-05-09 02:31 PM
    BBM 5.0 has been messed up royaly, thats why it is not an official release, my suggestion is that you uninstall it and go back to the version for your phone, I did that week and have had no problems with it, while everyone I know with 5.0 is still not getting messages
    08-05-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD