OS5 Search function could allow you to search for strings within text messages and memopad messagess.

I'm a club promoter and keep gueslist organized by dates in my memo pad. And in os 5, i could type in text string and it could tell me in which memo that string was found.

Is there any search function like this in os6?
    12-01-10 09:01 AM
    Yup, you can set OS6's Search Function to look within Memopad (and in other places, too) for specific text strings. It still works as you described it, only with a more user-friendly interface. You'll like it.
    12-02-10 02:37 PM
    Yup, you can set OS6's Search Function to look within Memopad (and in other places, too) for specific text strings. It still works as you described it, only with a more user-friendly interface. You'll like it.
    How do you set it? I don't seem to get it. The search only works on titles not on the content of the memo pads as previous OS.... I switched from a Bold to a new Torch and I have only had pain and more pain...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 01:06 AM
    Any luck with this? Am I just missing something?
    01-24-11 10:57 AM
    hi, search on my 9780 (os 6) was searching inside memo pad text also. but after i shut down certain things (music/podcasts/videos etc) on the search application options, it stopped searching memopad text too. dont know how to get it back. please please elaborate on how you can 'set it' to search text within memopad. tried restarting it like a 1000 times hoping it enables it.

thanks,

Kunal
    02-07-11 02:26 AM
    I'm having the same problem after installing OS 6.0.0.448 today - I need this function critically...
    03-02-11 05:48 PM
    Hi Ikki!! How May I set OS6's (Bold 9780) Search function to look into folder such as MemoPad and Contacts for data in memo pads and phone numbers wintin contacts.
    Ruben
    03-15-11 01:25 AM
    Hi Ikki!! How May I set OS6's (Bold 9780) Search function to look into folder such as MemoPad and Contacts for data in memo pads and phone numbers wintin contacts.
    Ruben
    Start typing on the home screen to start performing a search, then Menu, then Search Options. Should already search in those places by default though..
    03-15-11 01:31 AM
    How do you set it? I don't seem to get it. The search only works on titles not on the content of the memo pads as previous OS.... I switched from a Bold to a new Torch and I have only had pain and more pain...
    Any luck with this? Am I just missing something?
    I'm having the same problem after installing OS 6.0.0.448 today - I need this function critically...
    Ruben
    Hey guys. I just read the whole thread again after a long time and realized that this functionality has been changed. In earlier versions of OS6, I remember we were able to search for text strings as I described on my last post here a few months back within core apps such as Memopad. Unfortunately, I just found out too that this no longer works that way, that's a real shame.

I wonder why RIM decided to change this feature... or maybe this could be a OS bug?
    Last edited by Ikki; 03-17-11 at 02:59 PM.
    03-17-11 02:55 PM
    Hey, I just got my Torch, freaked when I saw MemoPad was not full-text indexed by Global Search, called RIM, and they told me they are aware of the problem and will be fixing it. I got the impression the more people complain the faster this might get implemented. I reached RIM by working up to 3rd tier at AT&T cust. support, then up to 2nd tier at RIM. It took some doing, but I think RIM will respond when they realize this is a feature a lot of us depended on with earlier OSs.
    05-10-11 04:02 PM
    Last night on AppWorld, I found a program called "OldSearch" which fixes this ridiculous problem caused by RIM... It's been a lifesaver...
    05-10-11 04:34 PM
    Searching inside memos still broken on my 9780.
    03-12-12 11:36 AM
    Tried to download Oldsearch but was having all kinds of issues, as if the company is no longer in business or supporting it? Even my emails to their support address comes back undeliverable. Any other alternatives out there?
    09-27-12 12:13 AM
    I hope they're still in business... I need to be able to search within MemoPad... Still can't believe that feature was removed... Let's hope for BlackBerry 10 to search within MemoPad... OldSearch is still working on my 9810 with the most recent AT&T official update... Good Luck...
    09-27-12 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD