How many apps do you have running in the background? apps that refresh every so often and how often? and i've noticed the boot time as well it's very nice
    Zero apps running in the bg at the moment, and normally only BW2.0. I know how to close the apps up after each use so that hasn't been my issue. I posted over in another hybrid thread (I think it was OOAK's latest) all the details of my battery issues, but I've been having them ever since I moved to the S2. Even with MeterBerry I don't have the icon rotating, just static on my battery since I'm not concerned with available app memory on an S2. I'll post results soon I hope.
    02-14-10 09:41 PM
    would be convient but incorrect..you must delete .320 off your pc then download .428 onto your pc....then download this hybrid ...then delte the java files of 428 and replace them with the java files of this hybird
    well ****, the issue is, i have a mac and am going to have to get my hands on a PC for a little bit then. I think mom and dad need a visit... right? Can someone if they would be so kind PM me the links i would need for said OS's and some quick directions? I am a mac user and very good on macs, not so good on PC's
    02-14-10 09:43 PM
    How many apps do you have running in the background? apps that refresh every so often and how often? and i've noticed the boot time as well it's very nice
    Oh yeah, and only my 1st batt pull lasted more than 3 minutes with this one, already a huge difference to me in that area, as well as the speed of the device itself now seems much snappier. May just be my imagination though, but I normally can't tell any difference on a new hybrid and this stands out for some reason.
    02-14-10 09:43 PM
    Did a full wipe, just loaded data and apps, load screen caught at 100% but that's normal, will fix itself after a few battery pulls. Anticipation is killing me.
    02-14-10 09:45 PM
    01Ranger, my computer, c: drive, program files, common files, research in motion, shared, loader files, OS, then your there...
    02-14-10 09:46 PM
    Loading this up right now
    02-14-10 09:50 PM
    Is there a way to do a proper battery pull or do you just pop the battery out no matter what screen your on?
    02-14-10 09:51 PM
    01Ranger, my computer, c: drive, program files, common files, research in motion, shared, loader files, OS, then your there...
    I PM'd you, but I'll post it here for everyone else to answer as well..

Should I delete all of the contents in the destination that you told me and then paste the new ones in?

Does that java file from Sean have all of the files? Or should I only paste the new java files into the folder, and replace only the existing ones?
    02-14-10 09:53 PM
    Oh yeah.... when you do a battery pull should how long should you wait before doing another one?
    02-14-10 09:54 PM
    I PM'd you, but I'll post it here for everyone else to answer as well..

Should I delete all of the contents in the destination that you told me and then paste the new ones in?

Does that java file from Sean have all of the files?
    when you go into your loader file, all you have to do is delete the old java folder completely in your .428 and replace it with Seanren java folder once it been unzip.
    02-14-10 09:56 PM
    Wow, and I just loaded V5 yesterday! Can anyone tell me if I should upgrade to V6 rightaway, or wait for more feedback?
    02-14-10 09:57 PM
    when you go into your loader file, all you have to do is delete the old java folder completely in your .428 and replace it with Seanren java folder once it been unzip.
    Thanks for the advice! Just did it..
    02-14-10 10:00 PM
    where can i get instructions on installing hybrids?
    02-14-10 10:04 PM
    Zero apps running in the bg at the moment, and normally only BW2.0. I know how to close the apps up after each use so that hasn't been my issue. I posted over in another hybrid thread (I think it was OOAK's latest) all the details of my battery issues, but I've been having them ever since I moved to the S2. Even with MeterBerry I don't have the icon rotating, just static on my battery since I'm not concerned with available app memory on an S2. I'll post results soon I hope.
    This may not be the case with your device idk but 2 months after getting my s2 i was having serious batt issues and it turns out it was a faulty batt and the verizon store gave me a new one for free
    02-14-10 10:08 PM
    where can i get instructions on installing hybrids?
    First make sure 428 is installed on the PC.

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.428_P4.2.0.182(or similar)

Delete the Java folder

Extract the Java folder from this hybrid into the same directory as above. This will replace the previous Java folder.

Run C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe
    02-14-10 10:09 PM
    How to install this Hybrid:

Before you start this installation use the Desktop manager and backup your data

1. Install the leaked .428 http://bberrypi.com/brandon/9550-5.0.0.428.exe
    follow the on screen instructions. This must be done before you can install the Hybrid

2. Download seanren hybrid, you will need to unzip it with winRaR or similar program. and remember where you saved the extracted files.

3. Open
    C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.428_P4.2.0.182 (the leak file that you just downloaded in step 1)
    and replace the java folder with this seanren hybrid folder you just unzip in step 2

4. Delete vendors.xml in:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    and double click Loader.exe in the same folder and follow the instruction.
    If your running Window 7 or Vista Right click Apploader and Run as Admin and follow instructions.

Give this hybrid a couple of days then come back and post your feedback. Don't judge it so fast wait a couple of days. IMO at least 48 hours.

So have fun everyone.
    I got this from someone else on Seanren V.5 page but made a few mods
    02-14-10 10:16 PM
    Ok this is my first hybrid install. I have the .428 installed. But when I go into the C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\

I do not have a "Shared" folder. I am running Windows Vista. Is there something I am missing?
    02-14-10 10:31 PM
    I have this installed now!

Only been about 5 minutes though so I haven't explored it much.
    02-14-10 10:38 PM
    Is there a tutorial on how do install hybrids? I really want to try one out....
    02-14-10 10:53 PM
    Read a few posts before yours, or simply search.....
    02-14-10 10:55 PM
    just got v.5 settled in...
    oh well....here we go !!!
    02-14-10 11:13 PM
    hey i'm with you on this. i'm not sure how to unzip files and install java folders over other folders. somebody needs to do a video. i did a youtube search but didn't have no luck.
    02-14-10 11:31 PM
    Here are my impresssion so far:

Lock Transition is extremely fast, no let me say its INSTANT
    Transition from Potrait to Landscape is the A liitle faster(mabye the same) deff not slower though
    No Lag at all
    Applications open Fast as well

So far no Negatives

ill post back with battery stats and on more impressions when its the eight time
    02-14-10 11:32 PM
    hey i'm with you on this. i'm not sure how to unzip files and install java folders over other folders. somebody needs to do a video. i did a youtube search but didn't have no luck.
    Guys just look at last page, they tell you how to load up a hybrid ...if not use search button on top of site and you will find plenty of innfo on how to load a hybrid...heres it in anutshell....load up os 428 on your computer...then load up this hybrid....take the java folder from this hybrid and replace it with the java folder of 428 os...then run app loader and plug in you device..sit back and enjoy the show
    02-14-10 11:35 PM
    How to install this Hybrid:

Before you start this installation use the Desktop manager and backup your data

1. Install the leaked .428 http://bberrypi.com/brandon/9550-5.0.0.428.exe
    follow the on screen instructions. This must be done before you can install the Hybrid

2. Download seanren hybrid, you will need to unzip it with winRaR or similar program. and remember where you saved the extracted files.

3. Open
    C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.428_P4.2.0.182 (the leak file that you just downloaded in step 1)
    and replace the java folder with this seanren hybrid folder you just unzip in step 2

4. Delete vendors.xml in:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    and double click Loader.exe in the same folder and follow the instruction.
    If your running Window 7 or Vista Right click Apploader and Run as Admin and follow instructions.

Give this hybrid a couple of days then come back and post your feedback. Don't judge it so fast wait a couple of days. IMO at least 48 hours.

So have fun everyone.
    I got this from someone else on Seanren V.5 page but made a few mods
    here you go..this was on page 3
    02-14-10 11:36 PM
140 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD