So just installed 5.0 and set up my gmail email account and why does it automatically run this enhanced gmail plug in and why is it not in applications for me to delete. it stays running in the background and does not allow me to turn it off
    11-28-09 12:49 AM
    On your computer you can open up the OS's files and find the Java folder. Once in the Java folder you can delete TONS of programs/files that you don't want and then use loader to reload the operating system in it's "lightened" form.

ONE THING TO WARN YOU ABOUT. YOU CAN DO SOME SERIOUS DAMAGE IF YOU DELETE THE WRONG THINGS IN THE JAVA FOLDER.

BUT LUCKILY, IT'S HARD TO DO IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE TO A BERRY.

So, find the gmail files and delete them. IIRC it's a pretty obvious file name. I think it actually says the words gmail & plugin in the file name. I deleted a ton of files and it frees up a lot of memory and in the process speeds up your device a little also.

Look here and it'll explain how.

Start reading where it says, "Removing default items and modules" it's small text in orange, easy to miss.

How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    11-28-09 01:15 AM
    OR just hide it
    11-28-09 01:48 AM
    Hi, i post the same problem on the 8900 forum. Did you succeed to remove that stupid plug-in ??? it driving me mad now, i tried everything, to install it, to remove it from the setting -> application but nothing worked. I don't want this **** running in background of my phone...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 09:37 AM
    I found a way... Enjoy

Browse to your installed OS folder
    default : C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/8900M_v5.0.0.348_P5.2.0.23/Java

Move all cod files which names start with net_rim_bb_gmail.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 09:57 AM
    thanks whocancatchme....def saving this thread
    12-04-09 12:31 PM
    Hmm, im on a mac. Anybody have a solution for me?
    01-05-10 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD