So on my curve I have my profile set to loud and I have custom tones etc.. for certain people. The only other profile I use is vibrate. The problem is when it is set to vibrate it stills rings loudly and vibrates for those certain people. The only profile I can use for the tone to not go off is all alerts off, that's not really an option in the situations when I can't have my phone on loud.

Any help, suggestions would be appreciated!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 06:15 PM
    I use custom alerts on the same OS on the same phone and my custom alerts don't ring on the Vibrate profile setting.

Try this. Go into your Profiles and select Set Custom Alerts. Pick one of your customs and check and make sure that after where you have selected the ringtone, ALL the other selections say Active Profile. If they don't, change them to Active Profile and see if that does the trick.
    12-28-09 06:55 PM
    I use custom alerts on the same OS on the same phone and my custom alerts don't ring on the Vibrate profile setting.

Try this. Go into your Profiles and select Set Custom Alerts. Pick one of your customs and check and make sure that after where you have selected the ringtone, ALL the other selections say Active Profile. If they don't, change them to Active Profile and see if that does the trick.
    I tried your method and it worked as far as the certain people vibrating when it should. I may have left out that I have my custom alerts for certain people to ring/vibrate with calls and messages. What I want to do is have the phone ring/vibrate with those people on loud profile and vibrate only for everyone on vibrate profile. Thanks for the help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 07:43 PM
    Anyone have any ideas? I just want to be able to have my certain people ring+vibrate at the same time on loud then everyone vibrate on vibrate profile. thanks
    01-08-10 06:12 PM
    It's a bug with 5.0 leak that you settings added onto the stock profiles (i.e. normal, loud, etc.) won't hold settings.

If you want your contacts to do that on the loud setting, then you have to set up a custom profile as I said before. Name it Loud 2 or something and set it up just as the stock Loud is set up. Then your customs will ring as you want. You just can't change the stock profiles in 5.0 leak. (It may be fixed by the time 5.0 is released, who knows.)
    01-08-10 06:19 PM
    It's a bug with 5.0 leak that you settings added onto the stock profiles (i.e. normal, loud, etc.) won't hold settings.

If you want your contacts to do that on the loud setting, then you have to set up a custom profile as I said before. Name it Loud 2 or something and set it up just as the stock Loud is set up. Then your customs will ring as you want. You just can't change the stock profiles in 5.0 leak. (It may be fixed by the time 5.0 is released, who knows.)
    thanks for all your replies, just bear with me through the questions lol. Can you walk me through the making the "loud 2" profile? I guess my only concern is just getting my customs to still just vibrate on the vibrate profile
    01-08-10 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD