Hi folks,

I'm coming up on a month of switching back to the Bold 9900 and I'm still having a good time (and feeling efficient and more social!)

How about RSS reader apps? I couldn't get the native Social Feeds to pull up any feeds. It can subscribe to feeds, but when I refresh nothing gets pulled down. /pout

I then tried XPRSS, which has some nice options and renders my feeds just fine, but I can't see any way to have it look for feeds automatically and send me a notification.

What are you folks using?
    04-09-16 05:51 PM
    I'm using Social Feeds which works great. I have experienced times where it was unable to pull any rss feed articles down, but it was only in cases where the feed itself was invalid or no longer active. Have you tried a few different feeds and is your BIS plan working ok?
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    04-09-16 09:06 PM
    Like terminatorx I have little if any problems using Social Feeds. As with most things on the Bold, it is functional and adequate.
    04-10-16 08:21 AM
    I'm using Social Feeds which works great. I have experienced times where it was unable to pull any rss feed articles down, but it was only in cases where the feed itself was invalid or no longer active. Have you tried a few different feeds and is your BIS plan working ok?
    Thanks for the reply! Boy, I wish Social Feeds worked, because I used to have really good luck with it years ago.
    Yes, BIS is ok (browser works, push email np etc etc) and yeah, I've tried a couple feeds in it. The same feeds work on the 9900 in the XPRSS app just fine (however I can't seem to find any way to have XPRSS grab feeds automatically and display a notification.)
    04-10-16 09:35 PM
    XPRSS would be in 100% ok for me if it hasn't got one issue - everybody knows that the built in browser is not so smooth with modern websites(they are too heavy)! So Opera Mini is a good alternative - also the font is smaller and more text I can see. Back to the topic - when in XPRSS I want to open in Opera mini the article which I'm interested in - there is no problem - it will open, but when I want to open secon article from the XPRSS there will be an error... I have to manualy copy and paste the "www.xxxxxxxxx.xxx" to the browser.

Anyway, in the past there was BerryReader from Bellshare - it was synchronised with Google Reader - unfortunately since the day, Google turn off the switch BerryReader not working(on my phone - maybe someone have solution?) Is there any possibility to make BerryReader working? It had had many option for notification, etc.?
    Someone?
    04-12-16 05:26 AM