I was just wondering and scared...
    When RIM comes out with the new Webkit browser, will it be a software update for the other BlackBerry devices released before? Or will it only be compatible with the newer ones that come out after it? This is what's holding me back from getting the Bold 2 or Storm 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 08:32 AM
    It is more than likely to come out in an OS update rather than a stand-alone update (like BBM). This may be the OS 5.2 that was talked about earlier this week. It's anybody's guess which devices will get 5.2, but more than likely it will be devices that run OS 5.0.
    02-05-10 08:34 AM
    Would you believe ANOTHER thread about RIM's webkit browser? (said in Maxwell Smart voice )

Anyways I'm moving it to News and Rumors with all the others Maybe it's time to get DriftDevil to do a Thread of Webkit Browser threads? Like he did with the Lost Browser threads? lol
    02-05-10 08:39 AM
    I've been wondering the same thing, because I would like to get the new Tour 2 when it comes out but the browse is a big part as well as flash.

02-05-10 08:44 AM
    Thank you all for such good answers.
    Oh, if the new browser supports flash, does it require a new hardware to support it??? Or is it all in the software?

02-05-10 09:28 AM
    I've been wondering the same thing, because I would like to get the new Tour 2 when it comes out but the browse is a big part as well as flash.

So then you aren't going to get any phone then, because flash is not supported on any mobile device atm......unless the new droid phones have it...not sure. I mean, we already know adobe and rim are working together on flash. We've seen it demonstrated on a berry at DevCon. We've heard how lightning fast the new browser is with the proxy technology they are using.

I wish people would just sit back and wait a few more month the for it to come to fruition. Nobody knows the answer to how it will be rolled out or when. Well, some do but they can't release that kind of info and you know that they can't.

<rant> you guys want a desktop browser with flash, then guess what......go get a laptop or a PC if you can't wait for phone tech to come around. I mean to me it is blatantly obvious why you guys want a faster browser with flash. I know you will deny it but we all know it's so you can watch pRon on your phone. Seriously, get a girlfriend or use your computer. </rant>

02-05-10 09:48 AM
    Someone is a little offended over the Internet, it's okay nothing personal bud

02-05-10 10:30 AM
    So then you aren't going to get any phone then, because flash is not supported on any mobile device atm......unless the new droid phones have it...not sure. I mean, we already know adobe and rim are working together on flash. We've seen it demonstrated on a berry at DevCon. We've heard how lightning fast the new browser is with the proxy technology they are using.

I wish people would just sit back and wait a few more month the for it to come to fruition. Nobody knows the answer to how it will be rolled out or when. Well, some do but they can't release that kind of info and you know that they can't.

<rant> you guys want a desktop browser with flash, then guess what......go get a laptop or a PC if you can't wait for phone tech to come around. I mean to me it is blatantly obvious why you guys want a faster browser with flash. I know you will deny it but we all know it's so you can watch pRon on your phone. Seriously, get a girlfriend or use your computer. </rant>

I like you!!!

02-05-10 01:24 PM
    Someone is a little offended over the Internet, it's okay nothing personal bud

You did see the wink right. Sometimes my attempts at humor are pretty lame.
    02-05-10 01:28 PM
    You did see the wink right. Sometimes my attempts at humor are pretty lame.
    My post wasn't directed at you pk you're good
    02-05-10 03:35 PM
    I can't speak for others, but some business partners have flash on their main pages - 3 different businesses. I have to use a backdoor link to login to access data on 2 of those sites as a workaround. And.. maybe miniclip would be nice for the wife, I'm obsessed with Brickbreaker
    02-06-10 04:53 PM
    can we just get a new browser??? I dont care if it has flash or whatnot (but cool to tell iphone users my browser now has flash). I would love to have the browser be more on-par with today. The browser is the only thing I would change on an otherwise perfect phone.
    02-06-10 05:02 PM
    These threads frustrate me. Not directed at the poster... just COME ON RIM! It's 2010 and you cant make a browser?
    02-06-10 06:33 PM
    Is there any suggested release dates for the new browser?
    02-06-10 10:47 PM
    These threads frustrate me. Not directed at the poster... just COME ON RIM! It's 2010 and you cant make a browser?
    don't let things get to you if you don't like it then don't read it.
    02-07-10 08:29 AM
    I can barely stand it anymore!!!! ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! Anyone have a LEAK of this new WebKit Browser??? I tried Opera mini 5 beta 2 and I find it far worse than the stock BB browser!
    02-08-10 02:01 PM
    I can barely stand it anymore!!!! ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! Anyone have a LEAK of this new WebKit Browser??? I tried Opera mini 5 beta 2 and I find it far worse than the stock BB browser!
    +1 Leak, please
    02-11-10 08:42 AM
    i've reached the point where i think i sadly must likely dump my 9700... maybe go back to a Nexus... will wait it out for the next RIM move... webkit browser + BIS 3.X + Storm 3 (or touchscreen/slider kb device)...
    02-11-10 08:52 AM
    I'd DL a leak in a heartbeat. The combination of Opera and the Built in browser are servicable at best.
    02-14-10 12:06 PM
    02-16-10 07:39 AM
    is HTML5 work with youtube's mobile website, and would the video quality be better?
    02-16-10 02:02 PM
    Think the video shows flash ads. Th car ad and the soccer U ads.
    02-16-10 02:27 PM
    i've reached the point where i think i sadly must likely dump my 9700... maybe go back to a Nexus...
    If you do go back to a nexus, just be careful how you hold it or it will drop off 3G.
    02-16-10 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD