I just installed .191 and noticed that quincy sent info back to RIM are they going to come after me now???
    08-30-09 12:04 AM
    Oh man I think I would hide out for a few months. jk!
    08-30-09 12:09 AM
    Nope you are fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 12:11 AM
    so its been around a long time?
    08-30-09 12:16 AM
    its what RIM uses to get feedback from testing features in OS
    08-30-09 01:10 AM
    exactly, but cant it be deleted?!?!
    08-30-09 02:08 AM
    I just installed .191 and noticed that quincy sent info back to RIM are they going to come after me now???
    You didn't read the instructions when you downloaded the leak, did you?

08-30-09 02:14 AM
    Im stuck with quincy on mine...but hey it wont hurt, atleast RIM gets some feedback.
    08-30-09 02:18 AM
    Im stuck with quincy on mine...but hey it wont hurt, atleast RIM gets some feedback.

Thats called being a true productive member of the community. We need more with that spirit.
    08-30-09 02:47 AM
    Hahaha maybe RIM secretly wished that the OSes were leaked so they could get feedback from regular users.

08-30-09 02:58 AM
    I suggest you remove the quincy. You're only spamming RIM.

08-30-09 03:09 AM
    Hahaha maybe RIM secretly wished that the OSes were leaked so they could get feedback from regular users.

I've kind of wondered the same thing. Leaks come out and RIM watches the forums for feedback. See what people think and what breaks.
    08-30-09 03:25 PM
    you can use maxmem from Berrycoder.com to remove RIM internal apps.
    08-30-09 04:24 PM
    Thats called being a true productive member of the community. We need more with that spirit.
    I kept quincy in my .191 install and decided I would send a bug report today.
    When I go into my address book and choose a contact to send an SMS to the SMS folder opens with their name at the top with no keyboard or input option so I sent a bug report telling them about this and....
    The cool thing is I got an email about 1 min later from a RIM tech support guy saying..Thanks Doug..this is a known issue and will be fixed in upcoming bundles.
    It was kinda cool and i felt that i did my good deed for the day..lol..so i think from now in i am going to send RIM bug reports for everything. I mean why not it's the least I can do to help produce a better product.
    08-31-09 02:32 PM
    Can any RIM insiders comment on whether they want direct bug reports from users with "leaked" beta OS? I think most of us are happy to contribute--if they want our input. I don't want to risk getting the person who leaked the beta in trouble, especially if RIM doesn't care about non-official feed back.

Thanks!
    08-31-09 11:28 PM
    Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I sent three bug reports to rim.

you cant run the following programs on the .191 version.

Facebook
    Vlingo
    Blackberrry App Center
    09-01-09 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD