I "graduated" from 8330 Curve to 9930 Bold. I noticed that in the email setup dialog on the new OS 7 platform there is no 'reply-to' email field (ie: when you send an email out from your BB, the receipient sees that field's email address when they reply (my alumni school alias that is forwarded to my 'real' email ID that I don't care for people to use or know)).

This was specifiable on OS 6, but apparently not in OS 7. I did speak with both Verizon Wireless (who transferred me to BB support) and BB support which took 45 minutes for them to determine and tell me that this is no longer possible due to 'security'. Yes, it is true that a lot of SPAM return email addresses can be used this way.

I would like to hear from anyone who thinks this is NOT correct. This is, so far, the only hassle I have....but I really would like to use 'REPLY-TO' if I could.

- Andrew
    05-15-12 11:23 AM
    Have a look in Email Setup -> <your account> -> Delivery Options -> 'Reply to Address'

Thats what I have on my phone anyway.
    05-15-12 12:27 PM
    Thanks for the try, but no, unfortunately, "AUTO BCC:" is the only option available at that location. I re-downloaded the service books and rebooted (via battery pull), but still no joy.

Are you running OS 7? Verizon Wireless?? I wonder if this is still something I could 'take up' with Verizon? They were so adament last night that 'Blackberry' can fix this and they immediately pushed me to BB tech support.
    05-15-12 04:25 PM
    I have a Torch 9850 running 7.1 on Verizon, and the "Reply to" setting appears in Email Setup for both my Gmail and Hotmail accounts, but not for my company's Exchange email. I'd guess that whether it's available or not is dependent on the email service. I don't use that feature, so I can't tell you if anything seems to have changed from my last BlackBerry.
    05-15-12 04:31 PM
    Device(s): Bold 9900 - (7.1.0.391(1310))
    Carrier: o2 UK
    Access: BIS

The 'reply to' setting is listed for my work (IMAP derived) email setup, I didn't check my google account.

If you are running OS 7.0 still you might want to upgrade it to something 7.1 (Have a look round the forums for answers as to how to if your not too sure yourself.
    05-15-12 05:48 PM
    Ah, the plot thickens. Thanks! I did set up a hotmail account as a test , and as both of you repliers have indicated, it (reply-to field) DID show up ijn 'delivery options next to AUTO-BCC, but not for my optonline.net (the one I use for my alumni news) email ID. So apparently it DOES have something to do with the email server you are establishing your account to.

So, off to talk to Verizon Wireless tomorrow perhaps during the day. What are the odds that I'll get someone who knows what the I'm talking about? :-)
    05-15-12 08:12 PM
    I "graduated" from 8330 Curve to 9930 Bold. I noticed that in the email setup dialog on the new OS 7 platform there is no 'reply-to' email field (ie: when you send an email out from your BB, the receipient sees that field's email address when they reply (my alumni school alias that is forwarded to my 'real' email ID that I don't care for people to use or know)).

This was specifiable on OS 6, but apparently not in OS 7. I did speak with both Verizon Wireless (who transferred me to BB support) and BB support which took 45 minutes for them to determine and tell me that this is no longer possible due to 'security'. Yes, it is true that a lot of SPAM return email addresses can be used this way.

I would like to hear from anyone who thinks this is NOT correct. This is, so far, the only hassle I have....but I really would like to use 'REPLY-TO' if I could.

- Andrew

Try using your operators BIS webpage to setup your accounts. There should be more options there. Look at mine in the attached picture. All have the 'reply to' option available.
    I have created my operators BIS email ID and forwarded all work pop3 mails to that.
    'Reply to' is set to my work pop3.
    This way, I get all emails on my outlook as well as BB without missing any.
    Auto BCC on phone email settings to pop3 email ID, keeps a copy of emails sent from phone in the outlook and my outlook is configured to auto BCC, all sent mails to my operators BIS ID.
    Last edited by ritesh; 05-17-12 at 06:28 AM.
    05-17-12 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD