01-19-16 07:36 PM
253 ... 7891011
tools
    I have read so many threads but still confused can anybody help with simple instructions as not sure what to download and what is safe to download, yes Im female and yes blonde but can use a computer but all this computer jargon is very daunting.
    Idk how to answer your question, but I found your comment funny. I am a computer/technical/technological freak and yet, I have issues with BlackBerry phone because they are build to last and built on high security standards. So, you are not along. Even I can't do what ever I want on my BlackBerry.

I think, if you have an IT policy on your device, the only way to remove this is to contact whoever add the IT policy to your device. So, you have to get hold of the company that add the IT policy and request for removal and they should be able to remove using BES systems. I may be wrong.... BUT I know that there are service providers (Carriers) that also add IT policies. So, you should ask whoever sold this about what service provider issued the Berry.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-22-11 at 10:12 AM.
    05-22-11 10:10 AM
    If you bought the phone used and it came with an IT policy, you can probably remove it using this procedure, created by Forums Moderator Pete6: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone.

If you don't understand the steps in this procedure, you shouldn't attempt them. They are not difficult, but if you don't know what you are doing, you can temporarily make your phone inoperable.

When you are ready to proceed, your 8900 will already have a newer than 4.3 OS on it, so you can run the OS 4.3 or newer set of instructions. You can safely download CrackUtil or JL_Cmdr (you don't need both, and either will do) from the links in the first post.
    05-22-11 09:35 PM
    Great info worked a treat!
    05-26-11 05:42 AM
    Everytime I leave my phone for a while or connect to BB Desktop Manager, it needs to be unlocked with my password and that's quite annoying!

Oh and one more thing, I can't connect using WiFi with the old IT Policy! I don't know which company this phone was from, I bought it from eBay.

Thanks to Steve and I got rid of those problems already!
    05-31-11 03:18 PM
    Pete6,
    Your work is clear and your instructions are easy to follow, I reset my IT settings thanks to you. Keep up the awesome work!
    07-06-11 04:08 PM
    CrackUtil worked like a charm. Wish I would have found this forum post a few years back. Finally a no-hassle option to remove the IT policy!

drannor68
    08-04-11 09:07 PM
    Great information!!! Used Crackutil on a 9700 to remove the IT Policy. Thanks for the help.
    08-08-11 03:29 PM
    Guys, I found a much easier way to accomplish what i was trying to do. I was only trying to remove the IT policy from my old company phone. All i did was download desktop manager software 6.1. Connected the phone to desktop manager and went to the ? (help button) in the upper right hand corner. Navigate to Support Resources>Support Tools. Select "Reset to factory settings" and its all automated from there! The only prerequisite is that ur on BB OS 4.3 or newer.
    loltyry likes this.
    08-17-11 05:00 PM
    Guys, I found a much easier way to accomplish what i was trying to do. I was only trying to remove the IT policy from my old company phone. All i did was download desktop manager software 6.1. Connected the phone to desktop manager and went to the ? (help button) in the upper right hand corner. Navigate to Support Resources>Support Tools. Select "Reset to factory settings" and its all automated from there! The only prerequisite is that ur on BB OS 4.3 or newer.
    Has anyone did the above ? I will have to do this tomorrow.... hate IT policy on my personal phone.
    08-23-11 10:35 PM
    s10n20s

Thanks so much for the article, tried this morning and worked like a charm. Restore worked flawlessly and no more IT policy or entering 8 characters after phone locks, what a pain the the A$$. I'm all good now...
    08-24-11 10:39 AM
    Will u still be able to get BES mail if this is removed?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650
    08-25-11 07:09 PM
    No, you will not be able to receive BES email until the IT Policy is restored. The first time you attempt to connect to the Enterprise, the lack of the Policy will be detected and the policy pushed back. Depending on your company, you could also get in trouble for violating IT security. You can't do it without being detected.
    08-25-11 07:16 PM
    How To Remove It Policy From Blackberry Bold 9780 OS6
    09-21-11 06:08 PM
    How To Remove It Policy From Blackberry Bold 9780 OS6
    Did you try the thread's OP?
    09-21-11 09:14 PM
    Sorry in advance, but yes I understand I'm supposed to read the posts in the forum before asking, but I can't figure out how to restore my device (remove the IT/BES/etc). I'm not normally this weak, but I haven't even been able to figure out how to download/install/use CrackUtil or JL_Cmder (I must have lost my mind), and then to do what needs to be done. Is there a simple instruction list (for someone simple minded like me)?

UPDATE: Disregard this post. Regained what little patience I typically have and figured out.

thanks
    Last edited by CSO; 10-02-11 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Figured it out
    10-01-11 11:02 PM
    iv tried crackutil, when i open it it askes me for a password, i enter that and it just tells me the file not found and it hangs, annybody wanne assist me plsssss i love my 9780 bold but cannot do annything
    10-04-11 01:09 PM
    Sorry in advance, but yes I understand I'm supposed to read the posts in the forum before asking, but I can't figure out how to restore my device (remove the IT/BES/etc). I'm not normally this weak, but I haven't even been able to figure out how to download/install/use CrackUtil or JL_Cmder (I must have lost my mind), and then to do what needs to be done. Is there a simple instruction list (for someone simple minded like me)?

UPDATE: Disregard this post. Regained what little patience I typically have and figured out.

thanks
    Great, patience is the key.
    Have you found other instructions or used those that posted here?
    Last edited by blackberry-unlocking710; 10-11-11 at 12:03 PM.
    10-11-11 12:00 PM
    whenever i try to remove it policy crackutil either says "I/O errror 32@ or "'The phone is not connected".. etc etc.. HELP!
    10-21-11 04:14 PM
    Thanks, this fix worked beautifully...

I've been suffering for 1.5 months with Blackberry Bold 9000 that was given to me because I could not text, email, or use blackberry messenger. I finally stopped procrastinating and applied this fix to remove the IT Policy and it worked perfectly. I used CrackUtil to do this and had to do the tweak because I'm running Windows 7.
    grinchako likes this.
    10-22-11 03:30 PM
    Hello, crackers!

I got my 9630 from a store five months back and had several trying (almost crying) moments
    installing much-needed apps (which were not allowed to function until the unit granted all permissions).

I realize I've been suffering from being locked into this firewall.

And it's not even my fault.

At last, I'm TOTALLY FREE!

And now, a piece of advice to those who may wish to dispose their BBs for a new one
    (but had been locked by their companies):

PLEASE BE KIND ENOUGH TO RESET YOUR UNITS FOR OTHERS TO ENJOY.
    YOUR UPGRADE MAY ALSO BE ANOTHER ONE'S HAPPINESS AS WELL.

Thank you all very much for the various wisdom shared.

Cheers everyone!
    Last edited by grinchako; 11-07-11 at 11:19 AM.
    11-07-11 11:16 AM
    FROM Pete6:
    "..The only valid way to fully remove an IT Policy is first to be running an OS of version 4.3
    (check Options, About and read the 3rd line down) or higher or this procedure will not work.
    It may therefore be neccessary to upgrade the OS to 4.3 or better before proceeding.

If you are running OS 4.3 or better (this is essentially cjarbone's method)

* You need CrackUtil or JL_Cmder installed on your PC.
    * Sync your phone and do a Backup before starting.
    * Once this is done, shut down Desktop Manager.
    * Run CrackUtil. From the Advanced sereen screen Reset IT Policy and then wait until
    the phone has re-booted.
    * Do a Restore and you should now see that the Firewall (Options, Security
    * Options, Firewall) now has no little red lock against it."

------------------ oOo --------------------

Hello, crackers!

I got my 9630 from a store five months back and had several trying (almost crying)
    moments installing much-needed apps (which were not allowed to function until the
    unit granted all permissions).

I realize I've been suffering from being locked into this firewall.

And it's not even my fault.

At last, I'm TOTALLY FREE!

And now, a piece of advice to those who may wish to dispose their BBs for a new one
    (but had been locked by their companies):

PLEASE BE KIND ENOUGH TO RESET YOUR UNITS FOR OTHERS TO ENJOY.
    YOUR UPGRADE MAY TURN OUT TO BE ANOTHER ONE'S HAPPINESS AS WELL.

Thank you all very much for the various wisdom shared. THE BEST!

Cheers everyone!
    Last edited by grinchako; 11-07-11 at 11:49 AM.
    11-07-11 11:43 AM
    Access is denied when I try to run CrackUtil... There is no password set for my BB.. Can somebody advise me?
    11-12-11 02:01 AM
    It worked.. Thanks..
    11-12-11 02:24 AM
    everytime i type my password in it keeps saying 'file access denied' what should i do??
    11-27-11 07:57 AM
    Hey Pete! YOU ARE THE MAN! YOU ARE DOPE!
    I HAVE BEEN LOOKING ON HOW TO REMOVE THE POLICY FOR AGES AND ATLAST I COULD REMOVE IT THANKS TO YOU!
    GREAT JOB !!
    I OWE YOU BIG TIME BUDDY!
    03-19-12 02:59 PM
253 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD