Hello everyone and happy new year !!
    I poste here because i've a problem with many BB : i can't remove IT policy on my old models.
    It's because they don't accept OS v4.3 or greater. It's the case for my 8707v, lock on v4.2 max. So i can't use JL_Cmder to do a reste factory and remove the IT.
    Do you have a solution for the 8707v ?
    I've already try wipe and put an empty policy.bin in the register, but I always have the lock password.
    Thanks for your reply !
    Gab.
    Ps: i'm french, so apologise my poor english..
    OS 4.3 est l'OS the plus veille qui peut accepter la commande neccessaire de l'effacer le "IT Ploicy". Je suis desole de vous transmetre ce nouveau.
    02-25-11 04:44 PM
    my first post, i own a 8900, with V5.0.0.681
    i tried all the methods here and still can't get rid of the it policy, when i run crackit, i put the word in the box, press ok and nothing happens? is it meant to do something after that? im stumped?
    03-08-11 05:21 AM
    my first post, i own a 8900, with V5.0.0.681
    i tried all the methods here and still can't get rid of the it policy, when i run crackit, i put the word in the box, press ok and nothing happens? is it meant to do something after that? im stumped?
    You need Desktop Manager instaled as well. This program provides the neccessary drivers for CrackUtil.
    03-08-11 05:57 AM
    I have the desktop manager installed too

i press the crackit tool and nothing!

I did try and upload a pic but i need 10 posts!
    03-08-11 06:05 AM
    I have the desktop manager installed too

i press the crackit tool and nothing!

I did try and upload a pic but i need 10 posts!
    What is Crackit? My program CrackUtil will first display a password panel. If you have a password on your phone then you put it in there and click OK.

If you do not have a password then click either OK or Cancel.

The program will then display the main CrackUtil panel from which you may choose program options.

If this is not happening then there is a connection problem with the PC.

Run Desktop Manager and test to see if this correctly connects to the phone. If it does, do not disconnect the phone. Shut down DM and the immediately run CrackUtil.

This program has been downloaded more than 40'000 times. I know it works.
    s.dj likes this.
    03-08-11 06:14 AM
    CrackIT has your name on it! so i guess its got something to do with you?

I've downloaded the Crackutil, so i'll give that a bash, Cheers

Fingers crossed........................................... .........
    Last edited by s.dj; 03-08-11 at 06:28 AM.
    03-08-11 06:19 AM
    Worked like a charm, don't know where i got the CrackIT from, but thats what i was using! or trying to.
    03-08-11 06:33 AM
    CrackIT only does the IT piece that crackutil has .... or I am supposing. I can't get it to work. CrackUtil gives me "File Access Denied". Windows 7 and Bold 9000. Thanks
    03-11-11 10:11 PM
    CrackIT only does the IT piece that crackutil has .... or I am supposing. I can't get it to work. CrackUtil gives me "File Access Denied". Windows 7 and Bold 9000. Thanks
    Pete - 1000 times thanks.

I had the same problem as you with a Blackberry 8830. Right click on the crackutil application in your programs x86 folder and select "run as administrator." That will take care of the problem you see.

Make sure you back up your data as the IT piece will delete all your data in the device. Cancel the sync if you reconnect it to the PC. Perform a restore. Works like a charm.
    03-14-11 01:33 AM
    I think I am having the same problem with a few other users about getting CrackUtil to work. I have a Bold 9700 running OS v5.0.0.321.

I bought this phone myself and got BES activated with my former employer. Upon leaving that organization, I found that I am stuck with firewall policy and security password (both setting has a padlock symbol over it). I did a security wipe already, but those settings remain. I believe my BES is no longer active as I no longer receive emails from my former employer. I searched this forum and found the CrackUtil is supposed to do the job. However, upon starting the software (set to run as Administrator), I've got "I/O error 1224" like other users. The program then hung as it waited on "Retrieving OS version".

Q1) Does anyone have suggestion about getting CrackUtil to work with the more recent phone models? I noticed the program was written in 2008...

Q2) Does anyone have success in removing the password and policy on a 9700 using other form of tools or procedures, assuming BES has been deactivated??

Q3) How can I tell if my previous BES is still somehow active on my phone, even after a security wipe??

Many thanks.
    03-23-11 11:18 AM
    Thanks to coffee-turtle, BBSAK did the trick for me with the Factory Reset option. It takes one step further than the standard security wipe. Both the password and firewall locks are no longer there.

I still have faith that CrackUtil would work just as well, if it is able to communicate with my 9700 properly and the password is recognized. I'd recommend others to give both CrackUtil and BBSAK a try if they have similar issues as mine.
    03-24-11 05:54 AM
    Hi, I am a Blackberry newbie. I just bought a used BB 8830 World Edition. The phone was previously hooked up to BES. I ran CrackUtil to remove the IT Policy. That seemed to have worked, as I no longer see the IT Policy in General Settings. However, the phone still doesn't allow me to set up personal email addresses. On the Email Set up screen, I was only given two options - BES or skipping email set up.

The phone is running O.S. Version 4.5. I am using the phone with Bell Mobility in Canada.

Any idea how I can get into a BIS screen?

Much appreciated.
    03-31-11 01:41 PM
    I just bought a new Bold 9700 and got it hooked up to my local cell company. 24 hrs later my BB was not activated yet and they kept sending and resending the Service books which I did not receive. I look through my bb and found that in the email setup it showed that it was set to Enterprise which is probably the reason why it does not work.

Edit: I just did this with Crack Util
    * You need CrackUtil or JL_Cmder installed on your PC.
    * Sync your phone and do a Backup before starting.
    * Once this is done, shut down Desktop Manager.
    * Run CrackUtil. From the Advanced sereen screen Reset IT Policy and then wait until the phone has re-booted.
    * Do a Restore and you should now see that the Firewall (Options, Security
    * Options, Firewall) now has no little red lock against it.

When I go into Email Setup I get a message saying "Your Email account is already activated for Enterprise use".

When I go into Options- Sec- Firewall I see no locks.
    Firewall Status is Disabled
    BIS and Enterprise Mail says 0 blocked and is unchecked.

Does this mean its still locked to Enterprise? Any other ideas?Thanks.

I also have a Bold 9700 that I got from ebay and was locked to an enterprise account.

I've followed the above procedure too and removed the IT Policy using CrackUtil. I've also done a factory reset, and wiped all the settings using BBSAK and through the phone too.

Yet when I go to set up an email address, I get an enterprise activation screen, which says "To activate your enterprise account, enter details provided by your system administrator in the field below."

Is it because I have OS 6 installed on my BB? I've had a look at the forums and can't find what else I can do!
    04-09-11 06:37 PM
    Unfortunately it sounds like the previous owner has not released the pin with his carrier. He'll have to do that. You can't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 06:58 PM
    worked like a charm! thanks!
    04-13-11 09:44 PM
    I had some troubles getting CrackUtil to work with Desktop Manager 6.0.2.24 installed. It would not recognize the phone when it was plugged in (DM recognized it just fine). I guessed it was a USB driver issue, so downgraded DM to 5.0 SP1 and CrackUtil worked fine. I was able to remove the last vestiges of the BES policy on my Storm 9530.
    04-19-11 04:20 PM
  17. InstantBlackberryUnlockCodedotcom's Avatar
    Hi
    I have a 9700 Bold from which I have deleted the IT policy. When I type BUYR in Status it comes up as IT policy disabled. The problem I have is that when I want to use the BBM function it replies "this application has been disabled by IT policy". I have also completely wiped the device and even loaded a different carrier OS but this did not solve the problem either.

This device was purchased in Russia which I believe has a resriction on BBM but which can be over come by the removal of the IT policy. (I am no longer in Russia).
    It also does not give me the option to use WIFI.

Any advice to solve this problem would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Hi-

I have same exact problem as dewmap described.
    Blackberry from Russia.
    Wifi disabled.
    BBM says "this application has been disabled by IT policy"
    However, When I type BUYR in Status it comes up as IT policy disabled.

I did try to CrackUtil to remove IT policy, but still same problem.

Any help is really appreciated!
    04-20-11 12:14 AM
    It worked great on my Pearl Flip. At first I couln't get it to run ( file access denied ). Then I ran as admin as instructed and it worked like a charm. I used it to remove IT policy.

Thanks!!!
    04-25-11 10:25 AM
    Succesfully removed the IT policy I had on my 8900 but when setting up email, it still only lists connecting to an enterprise. I see others have had this problem, any solution been found?
    Thanks
    05-01-11 08:22 AM
    This worked great. Almost seems too easy. So once it's gone, it's gone for good and ready to use? Thanks so much!
    05-12-11 05:58 PM
    thanks a lot, it was a very helpful info.
    05-16-11 09:02 AM
    Hi, trying to save a little time by asking before doing....
    I Have an 8100 - my old company BB - which I'd like to unlock for my wife - my new Curve is nice, and the company is not interested in me giving back the old on, or unlocking it for me...

I tried CrackUtil to remove the IT policy, but it did not work I think because the phone is on os4.2.

So I think I need to upgrade the phone to 4.3 and try again....
    I'm concerned though that I maynot be able to upgrade because of the policy?
    Views - I know I can try...but I thought I'd ask first!

Also where can I get the best s/w for it?
    Like i said it is a 8100, and it has been used (in the UK) as a "BT" phone, where BT are a MVNO on the Vodafone network.
    I don't know what that might mean for upgrading, and/or where to get s/w

all help appreciated.

Kev.
    05-18-11 02:50 PM
    If the IT policy prevents upgrading the OS, you're out of luck. The only way to find out is to try it. There's nothing user-readable on the device to tell you. The latest OS for the 8100 is listed at the top of the forum. You need at least OS 4.3. 4.5 will work.
    05-18-11 03:45 PM
    Thanks, so went for it..upgraded to 4.5..all ok, and Crack_util then did the job on the IT Profile, so all clear.

Thanks
    05-18-11 06:12 PM
    I have a BB 8900 bought from ebay but it has an IT Policy on it which requires removing.

I have read so many threads but still confused can anybody help with simple instructions as not sure what to download and what is safe to download, yes Im female and yes blonde but can use a computer but all this computer jargon is very daunting.

Please help in laman terms, many thanks xx
    05-22-11 08:28 AM
253 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD