Counter-productive to say the least!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I say STUPID to say the least!
    08-17-09 04:08 PM
    hi i hv manage to reset the IT Policy, using the 1st method on my Curve8900,
    but when i restore my data from DM the IT Policy becomes active again, so is there a way to restore everything except the IT Policy?
    08-19-09 12:13 AM
    Is this a company BB? They can re-push policies. Probably should avoid changing.
    Also, if you used policy.bin and regedit, you should reverse the change. Some have felt that leaving it may re-add the policy.

Last edited by coffee-turtle; 08-19-09 at 08:15 AM.
    08-19-09 07:52 AM
    So, all of you are talking about wiping the IT policy on here. Is there a way to keep an IT policy but reactivate certain things?

I was able to get onto the Enterprise for my company with my personal Blackberry but wasn't aware of the fact that it would not allow me to download any new apps or utilize my camera.

Any advice for me?
    Ask your admin to make an IT policy. I had to make my own for my BES server since I'm using my personal BB as well.
    08-19-09 08:14 AM
    That camera policy is interesting. Do you work somewhere that intellectual property is a major part of business?

08-19-09 08:24 AM
    Is this a company BB? They can re-push policies. Probably should avoid changing.
    Also, if you used policy.bin and regedit, you should reverse the change. Some have felt that leaving it may re-add the policy.

Nope its a personal BB, and running only on BIS, so i guess i would hv to starts from scratch again
    08-20-09 09:40 PM
    Since you quoted Reed, you understand that this procedure is not intended to be used to remove an IT Policy from a corporate-owned phone. If you do, the lack of IT Policy will be detected the first time your phone attempts to log in to the Enterprise server. The IT Policy will automatically be pushed back onto your phone, and your IT admins will know that you have violated IT security. I don't know if you would be able to check BIS mail or not, because BIS mail goes thru your BES servers. Your violation would most likely be detected the first time you attempted to access BIS as well.
    From what I understand the bis does NOT go through the BES

I has a corporate plan and have removed my it policy so. I a$ no longer part of the bes plan so no corporate email
    I do however get all personal email through bis

I spoke to. A senior tech guy at rogers who confirmed that bis is not channelled through bes

Bes uses a corporate server to forward email
    Bis uses the internet

Also no corporate alerts for me and I am probably the largest corporate user of bb in canada
    Last edited by coxwain; 10-29-10 at 12:44 AM.
    08-21-09 06:08 AM
    great tip!!!
    08-24-09 06:49 AM
    Towards the beginning of this thread should be some info.

08-26-09 11:41 AM
    Pete6 I cannot thank you enough
    08-26-09 11:57 AM
    I get 'Password Incorrect or Phone Not Connected'. And yes I ran it in Administrator mode. Any other suggestions?
    08-28-09 09:09 PM
    So now what do I do?
    08-31-09 03:12 PM
    So now what do I do?
    If your BES prohibits OS upgrades, there isn't anything you can do, other than buy your own BlackBerry. Control of the device is one of the reason corporations implement BES.

08-31-09 08:18 PM
    Well i could disable it but after restoring the backup the lock is back (
    I just had the same problem. What I ended up doing is: do your backup like normal, then remove the IT Policy, then do a selective restore in the 'advanced' tab and select to restore everything BUT the firewall. This method worked for me and kept the firewall unlocked but still restored all my info.
    09-07-09 05:26 PM
    So now what do I do?
    Wipe your device, upgrade, ask the BES admin to reload your account.
    09-08-09 12:03 PM
    Thanks Pete6, I have a Curve 8310 GIVEN to me by my boss cus he had a new Storm. It's 4.5 and was enterprise enabled but that Crackutil sorted it a treat. Thanks again, Reg
    09-11-09 08:14 AM
    Having some issues removing an IT policy.

Followed this method step by step, and I'm still showing that I have an IT Policy enabled on my Pearl 8100 as well as the red lock next to the Firewall.

Running v4.5.0.162. Any suggestions?
    09-12-09 12:33 PM
    A user earlier this week had success performing an Advanced Restore, restoring only the personal data and not the IT Policy data. Here is that thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/des...y-help-310502/

Let me know if that helps.
    09-12-09 12:49 PM
    Thanks for the link - unfortunately I think I have a bigger problem.

I tried the advanced restore, but it didn't work. My thoughts on why this might be is because after wiping the device, it still shows an IT Policy in place.

I'm not sure how to get rid of it while it is between the wipe stage and the restore stage.
    09-12-09 04:55 PM
    How are you performing the wipe?
    09-12-09 06:21 PM
    Options/Security/General Settings/Wipe

Or wherever you go on the device. I think that's it - haven't got the phone beside me at the moment.
    09-12-09 07:14 PM
    Sorry, actually this time I used CrackUtil to Reset IT Policy.

This wipes the device as I saw.

What if I did the following:
    wipe the device from ON the device
    Reset IT policy through crackutil
    Selective restore in DM

Would this work?
    09-13-09 09:48 AM
    Sorry, actually this time I used CrackUtil to Reset IT Policy.

This wipes the device as I saw.

What if I did the following:
    wipe the device from ON the device
    Reset IT policy through crackutil
    Selective restore in DM

Would this work?
    That should work. Try it and post your results.

09-13-09 10:13 AM
    Will do. Probably won't try it until later on today or in the week though.
    09-13-09 12:03 PM
    This method worked! No IT Policy is in place. Thanks!
    09-13-09 02:46 PM
253 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD