I don't have any interest in using BBM anymore (well I haven't used it at all since I upgraded my phone).
    Is there anyway to completely remove it from my phone?
    I feel like it's just using space/memory ...
    11-16-11 02:54 PM
    Options, type Applications (Click Application management,) Find BBM And delete it.
    11-16-11 03:05 PM
    It wouldn't hurt to simply leave it on the device, no?
    11-16-11 03:09 PM
    Options, type Applications (Click Application management,) Find BBM And delete it.
    Did all the steps provided but there was no 'button' or option to delete it. I could delete BB App World but not BBM
    11-16-11 03:12 PM
    It wouldn't hurt to simply leave it on the device, no?
    Isn't it using some sort of space by keeping it on?
    11-16-11 03:12 PM
    True, it is, but it is minimal...
    11-16-11 03:30 PM
    On my 9000 there was a F ed up BBM upgrade that resulted in the thing going away. I guess we can just hope to get lucky like that again.
    11-16-11 03:33 PM
    If you download a newer or older version of BBM than the one that is installed on your blackberry now, you can follow the above steps and delete it from the application manager.
    11-16-11 03:42 PM
    It's not really a good idea to remove BBM. A number of other apps rely on it to work. AppWorld is one and will not install unless BBM is present.

However if you dont mind this limitation, then remove the file net_rim_bbapi_blackberrymessenger.cod by using CrackUtil from here http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/ from here. You can also use BBSAK.
    11-16-11 03:49 PM
    There is a limitation.

BBM kills battery life, whether you have friends on it or not.

Personal experience. (I use BBM though. )

You have to click the Menukey and select delete. lol
    11-16-11 03:51 PM
    There is a limitation.

BBM kills battery life, whether you have friends on it or not.

Personal experience. (I use BBM though. )

You have to click the Menukey and select delete. lol
    I will be the one to admit that I am not the brightest crayon in the box-hence why I created an account on here to help me with my phone ...
    BUT I do not have the 'delete' option when I hit the Menu key. I have the following: Switch Application, View Properties, Modules, Edit Default Permissions, Help, Close ,
    11-16-11 05:18 PM
    I will be the one to admit that I am not the brightest crayon in the box-hence why I created an account on here to help me with my phone ...
    BUT I do not have the 'delete' option when I hit the Menu key. I have the following: Switch Application, View Properties, Modules, Edit Default Permissions, Help, Close ,
    If you can... go to BB App World, update to newest BBM. Reboot after installation. Then go back and try and delete it. This is how I have had to do it as long as I can remember.
    11-16-11 05:53 PM
    It's not really a good idea to remove BBM. A number of other apps rely on it to work. AppWorld is one and will not install unless BBM is present.

However if you dont mind this limitation, then remove the file net_rim_bbapi_blackberrymessenger.cod by using CrackUtil from here http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/ from here. You can also use BBSAK.
    App World works fine for me with BBM removed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-11 05:30 AM
    If you can... go to BB App World, update to newest BBM. Reboot after installation. Then go back and try and delete it. This is how I have had to do it as long as I can remember.
    Yes this works. Even if it's the exact same version still allow it to replace itself.
    Once the DL is complete, you reboot. After that, you can opt to delete it from App Mgmt in Options or from My World inm App World.

In the future, when you upgrade OS's, you'll need to shrink it out in advance or you'll have to go through this every time.
    11-17-11 05:41 AM
    I'm sorry, but you must have gotten confused somewhere along the way, or someone else perhaps misinformed you. This is utterly incorrect.

I think the only major app that depends on BBM is BBM Music.
    App World will work 100% fine with or without BBM installed on a device.

This is also incorrect. That is a tiny cod file that is NOT part of BBM per se. IIRC it's tiny; something like 4KB.

BBM has been comprised of 11 other cod files, but now has 2 more added for the social platform, bringing the total to 13. I'm typing this on my BB, so I don't have them all handy to list.
    They all have "qm" in their name. There are 5 for BBM, 6 for Groups, and now 2 more for the social platform (i.e. facilitating BBM-connected apps).
    11-17-11 05:55 AM
    Absolutely do not remover any file with bbapi in it.
    Bbapi is short for BlackBerry Application Programming Interface.
    It is the code that allows something to run, not the program itself. It dictates how apps run and how they interact.
    If you want to remove bbm and don't know a lot about how the BlackBerry filesystem works, the best way is to reinstall bbm from BlackBerry Messenger, reboot, then go to options and delete it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-11 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD