03-22-14 03:47 PM
494 ... 56789 ...
tools
    new to the forums and read the whole thread.

Problem is as follows:
    Backed up my pearl, downloaded and ran JML CMDR, wiped to factory, uploaded blank policy.bin and then performed a restore.

Performing the restore reactivated the firewall although everything else is clean and beautiful.

Is there a way to omit certain restore items to keep the firewall policy off? I've removed "firewall" and removed "policy" but it didn't work.

I'm aware of the Beta install and OS rollback solution but was hoping for something less intensive. I'm running the 4.3 OS and can handle the newbie comments. If there's no other way, I'll do it the 'Beta' way

Much appreciated
    09-09-08 05:30 PM
    Worked perfectly for my 8800!!

Thanks!
    09-11-08 04:59 PM
    My question is: if one completely removes an IT policy, can that person then get into their BES system and do things like check email, etc., or is the IT policy pushed back to the device? I don't have an IT policy. My employer has begun to offer some of us access to our work email through our personal devices. I'm pretty sure this'll put an IT policy on my device, so I declined the offer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 10:54 PM
    Naviwilliams - Thanks for your help. Your instructions worked exactly the way that they should for both my wife's pearl and my curve. You're the man!
    09-18-08 11:29 PM
    I did every thing what u requested to delete my BES I.T policy name it did not work. Any ways, on your instruction # 7 you Saied connect your devis
    And Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

Ok I get that part but, connect it and site or I have to do some kind of procigers? place help. I was in my lap top for 7 hours still did not get it right? by the way i have 8820
    Last edited by ddf1995; 09-25-08 at 11:05 PM.
    09-25-08 10:59 PM
    soto remove BES I.T policy what do i do after #7 ? conect my devis and what? do i have to synchronize? place healp i am stak on #7 thank you
    09-26-08 01:25 PM
    any one willing to help? place
    09-26-08 03:20 PM
    Hi I want to tall you if you have a blackberry with I.T policy name on it do not buy it. It is not possible to get read of it. I bought Maine from reseal store and has BES I.T policy name on it. I tried every thing what they suggested from A to Z did not work what rely confused me is after you fowl up all the steps which is up to #6 number 7 says connect your dives and that is it you now removed I.T policy. False I gest did that did not work. My question to u is we flow the entire step and finally connect the device then what? What is the next step to do? I now you have to select something to do something, place be clear on this if you can. Thank you
    Last edited by ddf1995; 09-27-08 at 02:18 PM.
    09-27-08 02:14 PM
    Hi I gest want to tall u now no if you have a blackberry with I.T policy name on it do not buy it. It is not possible to get read of it. I bought Maine from reseal store and has BES I.T policy name on it. I tried every thing what they suggested from A to Z did not work what rely confused me is after you fowl up all the steps which is up to #6 number 7 says connect your dives and that is it you now removed I.T policy. False I gest did that did not work. My question to u is we flow the entire step and finally connect the device then what? What is the next step to do? I now you have to select something to do something, place be clear on this if you can. Thank you
    09-27-08 02:17 PM
    I created this tool that will automatically remove the policies for you. It basically automates the process that is listed here. It is only 140KB. If you have any questions you can email me at Mrfreeze574@gmail.com or reply to this thread I guess.
    09-30-08 12:40 PM
    Thank YOU so much sir... I successfully removed my IT policy!

Now to re-install BBM!
    10-04-08 10:54 AM
    This worked! Thank you so much.
    10-05-08 07:26 PM
    i did the procedure you posted with new policy bin but now im getting a message for a new password and an address to return to rim.
    10-06-08 04:56 PM
    Hi, Im totally clueless about removing my IT policy. I have tried to follow your directions but when I click on the policybin link you have my computer asks me what I want to open the file with and it sayes its unable to open the file blah blah blah. lol. If you could please walk me through it. I would be very greatfull ill even give you my cell phone number and you can call me if you can help me out. thanx!!!!
    10-11-08 06:36 AM
    The procedure here is not reccomended due to a RIM generated error in the policy.bin file. All the files that I have been able to find on the web have the same error. After the operation to remove the IT Policy, the Firewall remains locked. There is no known work around. I even called RIM and asked them how to remove an IT Policy and they told me that it could not be done. Oh yeah. Here's how.

The only valid way to fully remove an IT Policy is forst to be running an OS of version 4.3 or hogher or this procedure will not work. It may therefore be neccessary to upgrade the OS to 4.3 or better before proceeding.

If you are running OS 4.3 or better
    All you need is JL_Cmder. Sync your phone and do a Backup before starting. Once this is done, shut down Desktop Manager and run up JL_Cmder. From the main screen select menu item 5 (resettofactory). Follow exactly the instructions given by JL_Cmder and then wait until the phone has re-booted. Now do a Restore and you should now see that the Firewall (Options, Security Options, Firewall) now has no little red lock against it.

If you are running OS 4.2
    Sync your phone and do a Backup.
    Install and OS version greater than 4.2 (any version 4.3 or above will do). Check Options, ABout and read the 3rd line down.
    Run JL_Cmder and select menu option 5
    Follow the instructions exactly.
    When the phone has rebooted check Options, Security Options, Firewall now has no little red lock against it.
    Re-install your old OS
    Do a Restore.

To downgrade, simply uninstall OS 4.5 (but keep 4.2 installed) from your PC and Desktop Manager will prompt you to ask if it should downgrade.

I know that this proceedure is long and tedious but it does work reliably.
    Last edited by Pete6; 10-11-08 at 06:54 AM.
    10-11-08 06:52 AM
    cannot opin policy bin. unreadable. any ideas?
    10-15-08 09:26 AM
    cannoy open policy .bin. Unreadable. Any ideas?
    10-15-08 09:27 AM
    I am running into IT policy problems when trying to activate a unit that a user brought with them from another organization.

There should be an option to wipe only the organizational data from the unit without touching their personal items, when someone departs. Oh well.

I do have a BES, so I will try to back everything up, wipe, and then apply my IT policy, which is not very restrictive at all.
    10-20-08 03:22 PM
    BTW that worked for me, although, getting all his personal stuff on there from the backup was a bit of a pain in the backside.
    10-22-08 01:15 PM
    hello, quick question what application could i use to edit and view the contents of the policy.bin file? thanks in advance for the help.
    10-28-08 10:17 PM
    I'm using a 8707G with 4.2 OS. Since no 4.5 OS is available at this moment, can I upgrade to 8700 4.5 so as to remove the IT Policy using JL_Cmder and downgrade back to 8707 4.2 upon finished?
    10-30-08 04:33 AM
    Are there any programs you can download on the blackberry that will not conflict with the IT policy?
    10-30-08 09:56 AM
    The IT POlicy rules the BlackBerry. It is set up by the IT dept. to reflect the level and type of security that a particular company feels that it needs. Thus an IT Policy may at will be configured to disable the camers, prevent writing to the Media Card, turn off Bluetooth or restrict dialling to sertain numbers. There is practically noting that cannot be locked or forced or read with this tool.
    10-30-08 12:31 PM
    I've had so many problems with my Blackberry Pearl. Once I removed an older IT Policy using your directions, everything seems to finally be working again. I can now access the internet as intended!! Yay!! Thanks so much for posting such great instructions.
    11-02-08 04:24 PM
    I have the policy.bin from Blackberry, I can forward it to anyone that wants to get that damn red lock off!
    11-11-08 12:48 PM
494 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD