Ok... After having read through these posts I decided to check something. I successfully removed the it policy from my old 6280 and then inadvertently plugged my curve into the computer before removing policy.bin. Now I cannot disable the firewall as it is now locked ON. There is something in that "BLANK" policy that is locking the firewall on. My curve has never been on a BES. This seems to be a side effect of the policy.bin application.

Navi. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-08 09:50 PM
    Hi ,
    One question, I followed this steps and , I can download tree party aplications . But, now some aplications must connect to Internet like EQO Mobile, service messenger, and a Message appear, "The application has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT Policy"...so, please let me know steps to solve.
    thanks,
    03-18-08 06:21 PM
    I ran the process and it fixed my blackberry

but....

I bought eworks and cannot get it to register.
    error message:
    "The application dynoplex_eoffice has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy"
    03-19-08 09:05 AM
    I'm experiencing the same problem on my Rogers 8310, when trying to connect with a third party appliction that requires a connection to the network, it is also giving the following message:

"The application (appname) has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy"

Also I am unable to turn the firewall off, and the password must be changed on my device weekly.
    03-21-08 03:50 PM
    Thank you NAVIWILLIAMS for the help.
    03-22-08 04:20 AM
    Does anyone have an idea on how to help for my issue 2 posts above?

I am working with Dynoplex and they seem not to know either.
    03-26-08 02:08 PM
    How do you remove the fire wall notifications for the html email viewer. Some of my emails are not fully shown as my blackberry says that the information is outside of the firewall policy!!?? Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
    03-26-08 02:35 PM
    if my friend has a 7250 and im trying to wipe her handheld, can i plug it in to my computer and not mess with anything on my 8830?
    03-26-08 11:00 PM
    hey.... naviwilliams Thanks soooo much . After browsing the web for 3 hrs , I was able to use your way on remove It-policy and it was very very successful. everyone else said its impossible. thanks so much for the post.
    03-30-08 01:15 AM
    04-03-08 03:37 PM
    Hey guy's,

My review question. I have a BB 8700r (4.1.0.284) previously registered under a enterprise server with an IT policy which it seems has removed my ability to connect with DM 4.3 via bluetooth (laptop using xp drivers and connects to device fine).

My summary question is...

If I follow the instructions in the initial post, will I

1. gain the ability to synch with bluetooth
    - after policy removal, will Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass show up under the Bluetooth options?

2. I have installed the DM software using the first option of Enterprise server that has a secondary option of using Desktop Redirector instead. Do I need to re-install the DM software using the Internet option explicitly?

3. I currently do not have an active data plan on the device pending resolution of such things which will determine whether I hold on to this or get something else. Does an active data plan need to be in place to facilitate any aspect of the process to be followed?

I think that's it. In my research I see alot of people with intelligent questions on tough problems and it's great to think that we can find answers within forums such as this.

Thanks in advance!!
    04-14-08 08:46 AM
    1. Should be ok, but you will have to wait and see
    2. Uninstall and reinstall DM withOUT Enterprise.
    3. No.

Good luck.
    04-14-08 08:49 AM
    my gf just got a bb 8800 that was in the lost and found at work and after 30 days no one claimed it so i got it and gave it to her. after the 10 password limit the bb was wiped clean. i put a new password in and switched out her sim card. it works fine except there is a little red lock where you go to change the security options to turn off the password unlock not letting me access that feature. t mobile told her it was because it is a "corporate bb." is that what you mean by IT policy and can i follow these steps to fix that problem? also is that the reason that she cannot access the internet?
    04-14-08 02:15 PM
    I have an IT Policy on my 8703e for verizon wireless. I bought it off ebay, but I have been having a hard time removing the IT Policy. I have it synced to my Macbook Pro. I can not access BB Messenger. Any suggestions?
    04-22-08 09:13 PM
    You need to use Desktop Manager which requires Windows/PC.
    04-22-08 09:52 PM
    which file contains my data that puts me back on my corporate network?
    04-24-08 06:27 AM
    I am also having this problem with Opera.

I have wiped my BB, and reinstalled Desktop, then put in new policy.bin, and edited my reg, to no avail.

My error reads: "Application operette has attempted to open connection inside and outside ...not allowed by IT policy" yada yadda yadda.

I bought it off Ebay from someone who said it was from a company.

I have nothing under Security options that says anything about an IT policy, but next to my enabled Firewall, it has a little red lock.

Followed the directions, but no result. Help?
    04-24-08 07:00 PM
    for my it policy i have default how do i change this to allow me to download third party apps. ?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    05-06-08 12:25 PM
    thanks the info you provided was what i needed.i installed unite and my browser wouldn't work.
    05-13-08 09:04 PM
    I just want to make sure I do this correct. What do I name the value under the New/String path? Can I name it anything?
    05-17-08 04:24 PM
    ive been having the same problem with sprint tv and mundu. what i did was go into the options>security options>certificates and that will load up all the certs you have on the device and i click on the ones with the red X and set them to trusted and it works fine after that. not sure if that helps at all.
    05-26-08 12:36 AM
    Sweet! That worked. Thanks Desi. Rock!
    05-26-08 07:52 PM
    Hi there,

My 7130e had a BES Password IT policy that I was able to remove using the profile.bin file and some other steps I read on Crackberry.com. Anyway, every time the phone is locked I see the following message on the background:

Research In Motion Ltd.
    Please return to RIM
    Phone # (519)888-7465
    295 Phillip St
    Waterloo Ont

Any idea how to remove it? I reloaded the OS and it got rid of it until a day later and it came back.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-Juelze
    05-27-08 12:18 PM
    Hi there,

My 7130e had a BES Password IT policy that I was able to remove using the profile.bin file and some other steps I read on Crackberry.com. Anyway, every time the phone is locked I see the following message on the background:

Research In Motion Ltd.
    Please return to RIM
    Phone # (519)888-7465
    295 Phillip St
    Waterloo Ont

Any idea how to remove it? I reloaded the OS and it got rid of it until a day later and it came back.
    Options::Owner will/should allow you to edit that text. My limited experience with the security policies is that they set this text but don't often enforce it.
    06-02-08 08:52 AM
    I did everything described here and still can't disable the firewall. I am on BIS and have never been on a BES with my 8320. My PIN is 2424123A.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 10:19 AM
494 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD