03-22-14 03:47 PM
494 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Just purchased an 8900 for T-Mobile on Craigslist and it had where the password couldn't be removed. I was told I needed to remove the IT policy. Found this site through google, followed the directions for JL_Cmder and had my 8900 up and running password free and able to download third party apps (as normal) in about 10 minutes.
    02-26-11 12:41 PM
    Hi! My dog decided to eat my blackberry curve 8520 (on virgin contract) I bought a used replacement phone from ebay advetised as unlocked. Put my sim card in and thephone has accepted my network, i can use bbm and download apps etc The only thing i cant do is make or recieve calls/texts. When i try to make a call it says 'call forwarding conditional then authorization failure' and when recieveing a call the person trying to call me get 'calls are not currently being connected' Will your instructions for removing IT policy solve this or have u any othr ideas i could try? and also if i did follow ur it policy removal instructions, would this wipe clean my bbm contacts and emails etc? I have very limited technical knowledge so please use lamant terms for my small frazzled brain! Thanks I hope u can help!! Emma x
    03-02-11 05:11 PM
    SWEET! I dunno how happy my boss will be with me when he finds out I've removed the IT policy. But either way, Thanks!
    04-08-11 02:12 AM
    does any one know how to remove the enterpriser software from a blackberrybold 9700 i get small edge i cant use my browser and i can set up email can anyone help
    04-25-11 02:06 PM
    does any one know how to remove the enterpriser softe [SIZE="2"]ware from a blackberrybold 9700 i get small edge i cant use my browser and i can set up email can anyone help [/SIZE]
    If by this you mean BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), then you need to talk to your IT dept befoire you try removing this. If you phone belongs to your company then I would be a little careful before you compromise your company's security.

If you are not refering to BES then I need to know more about "enterpriser" software. I Googled it and could not find it.
    04-25-11 02:12 PM
    i followed the steps and when i restarted blackberry desktop software and attached 9550 the BES reference was still there. i even tried adjusting the regitid to a second folder program files (x86) which also didn't work. it seems after wipe and before i attach to computer the phone is asking for password so it is still being controlled by BES.

Please help. Thanks.
    04-26-11 06:35 PM
    works like a charm. Thanks so much!!

I use a BB Curve 8520
    04-28-11 07:31 AM
    I don't have the directory: (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry). The only thing that is in the RIM folder in Program files is: (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\). Can anyone tell me where to pt the Policy.bin file? And yes, I have checked that the BlackBerry has an I.T. Policy. It is the 8830WE phone.
    05-01-11 05:38 PM
    hello ive brought a phone and the camera isnt working,,its saying that the camera is disabled by the system administration settings..ive tried doing wat u said and had no luck ..am not gud at this anyways can u help me out in some easier way plz...
    05-09-11 08:16 PM
    Just wipe and install a new os. Problem solved!!!
    05-09-11 08:59 PM
    i dont understand step 5...please explain
    05-31-11 04:03 PM
    If you just follow the official instructions, it'll be easier and more likely to work. Worked like a charm for my latest BlackBerry.

KB14202-How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone
    05-31-11 07:15 PM
    hello im 14 and this is too difficult for me is they're an easier way im using vista and i have a blackberry 8700 which i bought off ebay and i am trying to install new applications but it wont let me and ive tryed the way you are showing but it isnt making any sence any help at all?
    06-04-11 12:40 PM
    Use the link I posted just now, it's much easier.

BTW, when I was 14 I was writing in C and when I was 10 I did HTML. Just sayin', this isn't complex stuff.
    nievz likes this.
    06-04-11 06:46 PM
    Hi. I recently bought a 9330 off of Ebay. Excellent price for excellent phone. Unfortunately I am unable to connect to the desktop manager as I don't know the passwork and didn't dare make the 10th attempt for fear of losing all of my data. How do I connect my phone to the desktop manager? I would love to unlock the password protection. I believe the phone was a corporate phone but when they guy I bought the phone from was let go they gave him the phone and I was able to activate it on my plan but can't get any upgrades or disable the password protection. I am a little frustrated and even had Sprint factory reset but still the password protection has the little red lock by it and grayed out so I can't disable it. Any ideas? Thanks.
    06-05-11 01:58 AM
    Hi. I recently bought a 9330 off of Ebay. Excellent price for excellent phone. Unfortunately I am unable to connect to the desktop manager as I don't know the passwork and didn't dare make the 10th attempt for fear of losing all of my data. How do I connect my phone to the desktop manager? I would love to unlock the password protection. I believe the phone was a corporate phone but when they guy I bought the phone from was let go they gave him the phone and I was able to activate it on my plan but can't get any upgrades or disable the password protection. I am a little frustrated and even had Sprint factory reset but still the password protection has the little red lock by it and grayed out so I can't disable it. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Ask the guy you got it off what the password is.

If all else fails, back up the data and just get the password wrong 10 times.
    06-05-11 06:41 AM
    awesome...thank you for the post. good guide.
    new member well worth it.
    06-10-11 07:44 PM
    Hello all,

Im sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, hope not.
    I bought a blackberry curve 8320 from usa and it cam with it policy (Data and Phone)
    I have tried everything (JL_Cmder and CrackUtil).The problem is that computer dont recognize blackberry.Its like i have conected nothing in the computer.I guess it policy blocked that USB connection, i have also tried Bluetooth conection but only modem options are permited.
    When i plug the blackberry in computer the battery image shows the flash icon for 2 secs and then it disappears.The charger is working, problem is USB - Computer.
    I have also tried another cables and another computers and USBs.
    I cant send it back to USA im in Brazil =/

Can anyone help me please??

Thank you very much

Best regards,

Wesley
    06-11-11 03:23 PM
    I've tried this, some time ago it worked. However, I deleted all the data on my phone, including the OS with a third party application and still when the OS is installed again, it asks for the key store password almost every time when it connects to some destination. The certificates in settings - certificates are all with a question mark ? And most of the times when I trust a certificate it says "This is not allowed due to IT policy" or something similar. I' ve read almost all of the articles in the forum, but it seems that I make a mistake. Can you give me instructions on how to remove this IT policy, so that I can have a normal Blackberry device with all its funtcions. I've tried deleting the OS, Applications, File system, IT policy with crackutil. That thing with the regedit, doesnt' work for me, because there is no such folder with policies.
    P.S: I have my blackberry from my father, he used it before, but as far as i know he wasn't using BES.

Thank you in advance!
    06-29-11 01:20 PM
    Ok . So , I got this blackberry curve 8320 from my dads company . I cant find the email setup icon and got directed here. I do remember seeing a Enterprise setup when I first got the phone ..

How can I tell if it is enterprise.

Also the step for the file policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry). My computer doesnt have that directory.

It has this : C:\Program Files\Research In Motion and shows a BlackBerry Desktop folder . Is that the correct folder?

Here is a screen shot of the directory I have

Sorry if it doesnt make sense I'm new to this

Well I found out it is an Enterprise .. So now my only question is what directory to put the policy.bin file into .
    Last edited by net3894; 06-29-11 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Research
    06-29-11 06:07 PM
    Guys, I found a much easier way to accomplish what i was trying to do. I was only trying to remove the IT policy from my old company phone. All i did was download desktop manager software 6.1. Connected the phone to desktop manager and went to the ? (help button) in the upper right hand corner. Navigate to Support Resources>Support Tools. Select "Reset to factory settings" and its all automated from there! The only prerequisite is that ur on BB OS 4.3 or newer.
    yeungrich, josney, sy28957 and 2 others like this.
    08-17-11 05:59 PM
    Hi, I live in the UK and have bought an unlocked secondhand blackberry storm which opens up under the Verizon banner. I am with Orange and tried to put my sim card in to use the phone. For some reason there are no options for internet browsing or email setup/connection. I contacted Orange and was told that the handset is still linked/connected with the Verizon server (via BES?) and would need to be disconnected before I can join Blackberry Internet Service and start emailing and web browsing. I cannot contact Verizon as I can't register on their site as I don't live in the US. Can anyone help me? Can i disconnect from the BES? Thanks
    08-23-11 04:19 PM
    Guys, I found a much easier way to accomplish what i was trying to do. I was only trying to remove the IT policy from my old company phone. All i did was download desktop manager software 6.1. Connected the phone to desktop manager and went to the ? (help button) in the upper right hand corner. Navigate to Support Resources>Support Tools. Select "Reset to factory settings" and its all automated from there! The only prerequisite is that ur on BB OS 4.3 or newer.
    this works like a charm!! thanks a bunch!!
    08-28-11 01:54 PM
    Thank God This Worked !!!!!

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You !!
    10-08-11 06:21 PM
    Worked like a charm for me too... Great observation thanks!
    10-14-11 12:02 AM
494 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD