03-22-14 03:47 PM
494 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Hi!
    Help me please
    I have a BB 8520 bought in Russia. All BlackBerry in Russia are sold with blocked WiFi. Let those who can not unlock.

Tried to perform: Wipe all
    CrackUtil - reset ITpolice
    Load new version OS
    nothing helped!

There is no menu WiFi as such.

Version OS 4.6.1.314 (platform 4.2.0.135)

Does anyone have any ideas how to unlock WiFi?

Another problem, this does not work Blackberry Messenger.
    When choose this application on the screen the message "This application is disabled IT algorithm"
    What can be done.

I tried to do Crack Util ResetITPolicy failed to reset.

Help people in Russia, Thanks!
    We also want to enjoy good devices.
    09-24-10 02:48 AM
    Hi, i got this phone from ebay, 8900, everytime i turn the handset on i type in the password 'blackberry' which is correct password as told from the person i purchased it from.

But if i need to unlock the handset etc it will not unlock due to it has a password.

if i go to option/password. it then says enabled with a red dot? i have been told its known as 'IT policy' ? how can i remove this?

Ive been reading fourms on this web site, i need to install crackutil???

any help please???
    10-04-10 01:09 PM
    Good Morning
    I am trying to remove the IT Policy from my Bold 9700
    I have read thru many pages of this thread especially page 1, I have downloaded CrackUtility, but I'm running Windows 7 and can't get it to work (not PC savy)
    If someone could help out with specific instructions for installing CrackUtility on Win 7 machine it would be appreciated, as I tried following the directions on page 1of this thread but was unsuccessfulThanks
    10-07-10 06:47 AM
    procedure
    step 1 ensure the blackberry desktop manager is installed using blackberry internet service, and not blackberry enterprise server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the desktop manager and start again.

If you don't have the cd that came with your blackberry, the software can be downloaded here.

Step 2 download the file and save it in your blackberry installation directory (c:\program files\research in motion\blackberry).
    Step 3 wipe your blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select options/security/wipe on the device.

If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your blackberry. You need to download and install the latest desktop manger software, then the latest handheld software. Connect your device, open the desktop manager, select application loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4 close the desktop manager if it is open.
    Step 5 from the windows start menu select run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

Hkey_current_users\software\research in motion\blackberry\policymanager

right-click the policy manager folder and select new/string value. Name the value path. Now, double-click the path subkey and set value data to:

C:\program files\research in motion\blackberry\policy.bin
    step 6 open the desktop manager.
    Step 7 connect the device.

Verification
    once complete, the options/security screen on your blackberry should not contain references to an it policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install third party applications.

I've used this on my 8700g, & my 8100 pearl, and it works!

***use as is, and am not responsible for data loss, or blackberry / pc corruption! Also, you could get dismissed for doing this!

Fyi - removing the i.t. Policy is really more for people that have bought a blackberry on ebay or something, and it came with an i.t. Policy and thus they can't install anything...***

thanks so much!:d:d:d
    10-16-10 03:39 PM
    I bought a 7100V from E-Bay and it has no setup icon on the home screen.

There is no email set up option - only an enterprise mail setup which I don't need. I really need to set up my yahoo and gmail accounts on the phone.

I can't figure out whether there is security policy. The Options>Security options>General settings does not provide any details.

I did not have a CD so have downloaded the Desktop software. But I can't find a wipe option. I have backed up the contents of the phone. Having read the earlier posts, I assume I need to download the handset software - where can I find that?

How do I get the original set up on the phone to get my email accounts sorted?

Any help is much appreciated
    10-20-10 05:51 AM
    I've had this same problem with my Blackberry 8900 Curve, on Software 5.0. I bought the phone on eBay so i'm guessing the person was on the Enterprise Server and also restored the phone for me on THEIR software, because I am unable to change Firewall settings, and some programs I bought from the App World won't even work properly because of this. All i want to know is if this method still works and if the Policy.bin file still works.
    11-06-10 02:50 PM
    hi all,

i have bought a unlocked storm 9530 on eBay . i can make and recieve calls. my issue is the caller can not hear me and i can hear them. if i put them on speakerphone they can hear me, and also if i speak from handsfree they can hear me. is there any changes to be done in setting or, is it a hardware issue or a software. if i upgrade the OS to latest will this be resolved. please help me.

thanking you in advance.
    Joseph D'mello
    11-10-10 06:31 AM
    works perfect
    11-11-10 02:47 AM
    Hi bro!
    I have bought BB in Russia. All BB phones in Russia are sold with blocked WiFi. RIM locks Wi-Fi and BBM in BB devices and send to our providers. When I go to Manage Connections I don't see Wi-Fi preferences and when I start BBM it's displayed "Restricted by IT-policy". Is it possible to unlock these services?
    11-18-10 05:51 PM
    does it works on BB torch?
    11-18-10 09:56 PM
    it works... thanks naviculture...
    11-19-10 10:23 AM
    I also did it but it's not working on my 9700(( Can you help me please about that???

it works... thanks naviculture...
    11-19-10 11:22 AM
    I am new to the Blackberry.
    I bought a 7290 from ebay to use on a trip to europe.
    I have an international sim, my next step is to have it unlocked.
    But I noticed that it is set to the Default IT POLICY.
    will this have any affect on my using it? Is anything important I should know?
    -David
    12-21-10 12:10 PM
    Hi I'm having the same problem in my blackberry. I have a blackberry storm 9530 running on metro pcs anyone knows if I follow the procedure the problem will seize to continue?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-10 11:16 AM
    I have tried on my 8900 three times even had a frined go through the steps with me to make sure I did not do anything wrong and no luck for me still can not download third party apps due to IT block. (Gensler Lockdown)
    if any body can help it would be great.
    I do not have :
    Hkey_current_users\software\research in motion\blackberry\policymanager
    I only see
    Hkey_current_users\software\research in motion\blackberry\manager\setting
    I have applyed to both but no luck so far.
    Last edited by edgesalon; 01-06-11 at 04:12 PM.
    01-05-11 09:49 PM
    I have an 7130G. I tried removing it using the "for older os". The thing is, I'm stuck with the "Hkey_current_users\software\research in motion\blackberry\policymanager" step. I don't have such address on my registry. Please help. Password prompts are killing me.
    01-07-11 09:57 PM
    Hi, in your post that you made 3 years ago you say to edit the registry at HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager
    but that key is not there. Is there any update to this location? I tried creating the key and it doesn't work. Please help, I bought this phone on ebay and cannot get it to work with the IT Policy that is installed on it. I'd rather fix it if I can, you're my only hope!

Aron

Procedure
    Step 1 Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.

If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded
    Step 2 Download the file and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).
    Step 3 Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device.

If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest Desktop Manger Software, then the latest Handheld Software. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4 Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.
    Step 5 From the Windows Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin
    Step 6 Open the Desktop Manager.
    Step 7 Connect the Device.

Verification
    Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

I've used this on my 8700g, & my 8100 Pearl, and it works!

***use as is, and am not responsible for data loss, or BlackBerry / PC corruption! Also, you could get dismissed for doing this!

FYI - Removing the I.T. Policy is really more for people that have bought a BlackBerry on eBay or something, and it came with an I.T. Policy and thus they can't install anything...***
    01-13-11 05:42 PM
    Hi,

I have an 8707g blackberry that I got from my sister (her old phone) I can't access the internet using Operamini however when I try it tells me it has to try some test connections and then returns an error "The application operette $2dhifi$2duk has attempted to open an internal connection which is not allowed by your IT policy." If I try google maps i get the same thing.

I've checked the TCP settings and they are correct for my network (if i put my sim card back into my old phone, i have no trouble accessing the internet using the same settings).

I can't disable the firewall either....

any ideas much appreciated!
    01-23-11 03:50 PM
    I tried the steps to remove the IT policy. and it doesnt seem to be working. what am i suppose to do after i plug the phone in and it registers to the blackberry desktop software? i have been running a system restore and i dont know if that is what i am suppose to do because every time i do this and check in security options, the IT policy is still there! HELP ME PLEASE!!!
    01-26-11 02:11 PM
    This is way too complicated. So much easier to use CrackUtil. Please note however, in most cases removing your IT policy will disconnect you from your BES.
    01-26-11 03:37 PM
    2007 and still useful information. yay!
    01-31-11 09:20 PM
    hi there, i saw your post on how to remove the blackberry it policy, and tried to use it on my phone but it is still not working.
    whenever i try to download apps it says the system admin has prevented installations of third party apps, and when i look on the security options, it says IT POLICY NAME: restrict 3rd party apps
    this is a curve 8900 that i bought on ebay. it is a t-mobile carrier but i live in canada so im using it with a rogers sim card
    can u help me remove the it policy?
    02-03-11 02:17 PM
    Yes - I can help. Download and install CrackUtil on your PC and then report back and I'll guide you through.
    02-03-11 02:19 PM
    PS CrackUtil found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/

bottom of first post is a zip file.
    02-03-11 02:21 PM
    You may wish to look at a more recent post on removing IT Policys that I wrote http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/ It contain some additional steps to remove residual IT Policy components from your PC that will forever remove this nuisance.

I basically copied Navi's procedure here and then dug a bit deeper until I uncovered all the remaining traces from the PC and the phone.
    02-03-11 02:42 PM
494 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD