03-22-14 03:47 PM
494 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Another solution to this problem that I got from RIM, if you don't want to go messing with your registry:
    -Do a full backup first, this method will erase EVERYTHING.
    -Connect your blackberry to your computer and make sure you are running the latest blackberry OS as well as desktop version.
    -Open up a command prompt (start...run... type "cmd"...enter) and type "cd c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" then hit enter.
    -verify that you are in that directory and type: "loader.exe/resettofactory" and hit enter
    -That should clear out the pesky IT policy...as well as anything else on the phone.

Hope this helps,
    Gibby
    07-06-09 01:36 AM
    Absolutely brilliant - Thanks very much. My Ebay purchased 8120 is now free as a bird!
    07-21-09 08:42 AM
    thanks for the tip...my BB Bold works fine now !
    08-07-09 01:26 AM
    You are a genius indeed! I followed your clear suggestions from 2007 step by step and I got rid of IT policy references in my Blackberry. Thanks a million! cazz
    08-14-09 06:37 AM
    Hi,

I am using BB bold with IT policy on it. It is imposted by my IT administrator. The IT policy refrain me from using my SD card as well as set up to connect to my personal email account.

I wish to use the same BB to access my company email as well as personal email rather than using two separated phones.

I hope some expert can help me with the following questions.

1. If I successfully remove the IT policy, could I use the BB to continue to work with my BES?

2. If the IT policy is remove, can I use the BB to connected to my personal email which is maintained by other ISP?

3. In what way, my IT administrator could find out that I have removed the IT policy?

Thank you very much.
    08-14-09 06:58 AM
    This isn't working for me. Nothing happens when I connect the device. Any suggestions?
    08-27-09 10:41 PM
    In an attempt to pin-point the reason the IT Policy (firewall) gets automatically switched back, I have managed to conclude that after I added the AT&T Service Books, it showed up again.

I've opened the .ipd file and these are the contents (attached), any ideas what is causing this?
    09-02-09 07:38 AM
    In the first part of this thread in the warnings, it says you could get "dismissed." Are they going to send me to blackberry detention?
    09-02-09 09:14 PM
    I bought a 8310 curve on ebay and read that I should this so I followed your instructions to the "t", now my firewall is enabled and has a red lock by it. It did not have this before. What can I do?
    09-05-09 04:16 AM
    Nevermind, I found that cjcarbone's method works just fine. Thank you.
    09-05-09 05:38 AM
    Hello all:
    I had an IT Policy on my Verizon Storm 9530, and I used JL_Commander to remove it. It worked GREAT. Left ALL my 3rd party apps on the device and wiped the policy. Be sure to sync with databases and the like because contacts, calendar etc WILL disappear, but the policy will DEFINITELY BE REMOVED, and then just by syncing you can restore your data.
    09-05-09 09:01 AM
    Does this process work on the 9530 Storm as well?

Thanks.
    09-08-09 02:28 PM
    Does this process work on the 9530 Storm as well?

Thanks.
    Yep

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 03:27 PM
    Good deal.
    09-08-09 03:37 PM
    Ok. No luck with JL_Cmder. I am how ever able to get javalader.exe working but I am now need to find the correct command to restore the handset to its factory settings. Any one have this command handy?

Thanks.
    09-09-09 08:25 PM
    can someone just please post the browser service books for 4.5 please ive tried everything and nothing works i need the web.help.
    10-03-09 03:58 AM
    How do I remove it under OS X?

Thanks
    10-13-09 01:13 AM
    Another solution to this problem that I got from RIM, if you don't want to go messing with your registry:
    -Do a full backup first, this method will erase EVERYTHING.
    -Connect your blackberry to your computer and make sure you are running the latest blackberry OS as well as desktop version.
    -Open up a command prompt (start...run... type "cmd"...enter) and type "cd c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" then hit enter.
    -verify that you are in that directory and type: "loader.exe/resettofactory" and hit enter
    -That should clear out the pesky IT policy...as well as anything else on the phone.

Hope this helps,
    Gibby
    I was afraid of tinkering with my registry, so tried Gibby's solution. Worked wonderfully for my Bold. Thanks
    10-20-09 11:09 AM
    I know this reply may be a couple years late from original thread, but this post is THE ****!!!!!!!

Been struggling with a BB Bold for HOURS now, even went to bed & back up since 2 am this morning reinstalling & wiping to no avail. Always good to do yur research BEFORE i guess 5 STARS & 2 THUMBS!

Better than having to wipe EVERYTHING from phone so make this 1st option unless necessary.

Just follow instructions and allow device to be synchronized at connection & Voila!

P.S You the man....

**Now I can finally get some sleep
    Last edited by cnkoff; 10-23-09 at 05:04 AM.
    10-23-09 04:59 AM
    This worked great thank you for the work around.

MTIZLE
    Storm2
    10-29-09 12:35 AM
    Bought this on Ebay and had the IT policy on it. just tried the instructions, and well its back to normal. The only thing is the firewall still has a lock but it still works fine.

Thank you
    10-31-09 05:04 PM
    I was afraid of tinkering with my registry, so tried Gibby's solution. Worked wonderfully for my Bold. Thanks
    quick question will this process wipe my unlock on my bb bold i didn't want to try and lose my bold .
    11-02-09 01:07 PM
    i tought i was f**** with a second hand BB8820, it was in bes, now with this trick everything works fine! thanks a lot!
    11-08-09 11:33 AM
    I have followed these instructions step by step, 3 times.. and it's still not working.. any ideas?
    11-09-09 01:37 PM
    I need to remove the IT policy on my BB. I am somewhat confused by the incomplete context of several posts. When someone says XYZ will work or worked for them to remove the policy, it would be helpful if you clarify:

1. Whether the remedy fixed only the IT policy removal or whether it also enables removal of the firewall.

2. Whether after the remedy initially worked, the IT policy and/or the firewall returned after syncing or after some other event.

3. Whether there were any complications in using the device after using the remedy.

4. which post worked for you (username or post number, etc.)

In particular, without knowing the answers to 1-3, it is sometimes difficult to know what the better options are or to what extent the options worked without making assumptions about what the posters are referring to. All in all, this thread is helpful.
    11-09-09 04:22 PM
494 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD