03-22-14 03:47 PM
494 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I have a question in regards to this.

If I go under Options > Status and type BUYR,
    voice and data usage: IT policy enabled..

I guess this means that my phone does in fact have an IT Policy?
    I'm on BIS.. not BES.

I can install third party apps, but can't install BB Maps.. which is weird.
    05-11-09 11:23 PM
    I did exactly what you said and still I got nothing !! When I try too connect to the Desktop manager it tells me I have the wrong password. What can I do ???? HELP !!
    05-16-09 03:36 PM
    Hi,

Newbie here would appreciate any help you can provide me. I am trying to get my blackberry to accept company e-mail, they want me to go through IT because then they own my phone (no thanks) but they have a set-up for the Iphone and this girl at work gets her e-mail wireless, I just don't know if the certificates loaded that I downloaded and then how to syn them any help would be appreciated.
    05-18-09 09:03 AM
    Hi,

Newbie here would appreciate any help you can provide me. I am trying to get my blackberry to accept company e-mail, they want me to go through IT because then they own my phone (no thanks) but they have a set-up for the Iphone and this girl at work gets her e-mail wireless, I just don't know if the certificates loaded that I downloaded and then how to syn them any help would be appreciated.
    This is off topic and should not be here, however

BB requires BES to connect wireless to your work. To receive work email on your BB without using BES requires you to forward all email you receive at work to either the BB email address or a personal email address that you receive on your BB. iPhone has the ability to connect to Exchange Servers IF the company allows it. BB does not have this ability except through BES.
    05-18-09 09:21 AM
    I know it was off target but that's what I thought, thanks!
    05-18-09 09:27 AM
    i have done all the steps, can you go into detail what to do after I have connected the blackberry
    05-18-09 08:41 PM
    awesome thread
    05-20-09 09:11 AM
    Can you help with the particular nuances of running this regime if my desktop is on a Mac? A bit of a neophyte here and don't know the equivalent of the Start Menu, Run sequence.

Thx
    05-22-09 07:45 AM
    I don't understand why this thread is still talking about jl commander, registry entries, downloadable custom programs, etc.

The way to completely remove the IT policy is to simply run loader.exe /resettofactory from the command line. loader.exe comes with DM.

This process will remove all your preferences, settings and IT policy. It will be as if the policy never existed. It will, however leave your applications installed (although you'll need to reenter the serial numbers).

vinchoc, I'm afraid you'll need a windows pc to do this.
    05-22-09 06:41 PM
    Thank u u So Much for this Help.. Its working with my 8310...

Thank U....
    05-26-09 09:52 AM
    i have an 8703e bb that i have gotten off of ebay and i can not get my internet up. the it policy will not let me download anything how can i remove this i have try policy bin thing it does not work i have wiped it many times trying a bunch of thing i have found on forms. it keeps saying default policy and password is lock with red lock next to it i need it removed please help i dont know what to do.
    05-28-09 07:29 PM
    anybody? got an answer
    05-28-09 07:48 PM
    so how long does it take to replace it? Ive been waiting about 5 minutes and it still says working in device manager.
    05-28-09 11:15 PM
    Can anybody please help me? I have just bought a blackberry 8310 from ebay.. therefore I do not have the cd of software to back up my address book nor rid my IT policy via the desktop manager i have to now download.. I have no idea what software product i should be downloading from the blackberry website and I really just want to get using my blackberry and be able to rid this IT policy! Please help...
    06-02-09 10:50 AM
    I have tried reading through some of the pages here and i am in desperate need of help. I have a Storm that is my own. I was told to do BES so it could link to my email account at work (outlook) i did so, and discovered my coworker also has a storm but did the BIS option and can now tunr off the e mails whenever she wants. I tried goign through this process so i can switch to BIS. I made a backup first, then i followed the steps above. I then reloaded my back up and now none of my application permissions are there and in fact i am stuck in a loop for you mail with a "outside, inside firewall not allowed by IT policy" error. My BB admin here doesnt know ANYTHING...Can anyone help? Can i go back to the way it was?

Please email me at rmann@pih.net if you can help.

Thanks in advance.
    06-02-09 12:27 PM
    follow the directions in this post madirish76, i did it on my 7250, and it worked like a charm.
    06-02-09 12:43 PM
    You're a good man naviwilliams.
    06-02-09 06:55 PM
    I cannot find the HKEY User file in the run menu. The 8830 I have is password protected in the general settings folder w/ a red lock to the right. When I open the desktop manager it requires the password to go along w/ the device pin. I've been able to do somethings but I am limited. So my questions are:

1. Is there a way around the password? I've set it to 3 failed attempts and it wipes the BB.

2. Can I use the Cracktil to remove the IT policy? If so how?

Thanks in advance.
    06-02-09 08:08 PM
    I tried to download the policy bin but the link is no longer valid. Does anyone know where I can get a new policy.bin to complete the process of removing an IT policy?
    06-03-09 08:01 AM
    cool, very cool
    06-13-09 11:19 PM
    thanks dude, the only place i have been able to find the policy.bin file.

cheers to you.
    06-24-09 09:10 PM
    Here is how to remove the IT policy, and not put a blank policy on your phone:
    Click here
    06-24-09 09:16 PM
    Worked perfectly on my 8700r. Thanks for the tip.
    06-26-09 09:51 PM
    Just to clarify how to wipe the device. Click Options / Security Options / General Settings then press the blackberry key (menu key) and you should see "Wipe Handheld"
    06-29-09 09:47 AM
    I plugged my blackberry 8330 into my work computer to charge it not knowing that it would automatically download the stupid IT Policy on there. I have contacted ATS and also our help desk. They sent me a blank policy but it didn't do anything. I am not sure what to do now. I just want to be able to use my facebook, twitter, and my personal emails again. How am I to do this? Is there a number we can call to get a hold of RIM?
    07-03-09 12:23 AM
494 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD