Here is how it worked for me;

1- Synced my device
    2- Reboot PC
    3- Remove DM and any other reated info (registry key + program files folder)
    4- Reboot PC
    5- Downloaded & Installed DM version 4.5
    6- Add the Reg key + Policy.bin file
    7- Reboot PC
    8- Download & Install wanted device OS to PC
    9 Remove Vendor.xml
    10- Wiped my device with JL_CMDR
    11- Installed new OS through AppLoader
    12- Under �Block Incoming Messages� click the �Enterprise Email� box.
    12- Reboot PC
    13- Connet to DM

I do not claim to understand why, but thi worked for me.

Hope it helps
    i did easier just ununstalled deleted all rim folders on pc then just reinstalled and is all good now.........also rebooted pc after uninstall.....but thankx anyways
    04-13-09 05:55 PM
    hi i was wondering how can i remove the IT policy on my blackberry using my MAC. thanks!
    04-14-09 08:44 AM
    Ivan, great tip, it worked like a charm on my old 8320 Curve.
    It was my old work phone and I got a replacement and wanted to give it to my sister who isn't on a BES.

One thing I did notice, if you do a new install install of the Desktop Manager, the registry key isn't created until the first time you launch the program. Once I did that, your instructions were perfect. I also had to tell the software to connect to my Curve via USB.
    04-14-09 09:17 AM
    Hey Man Thank You SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the advice i saw about removing the IT Policy
    Darn U are good
    i just did it with my computer and everything went well it was easy now i download the msn messenger n lot more like themes etc thank you very much i have a BLACKBERRY 8310 CERVE And now im in love wit it all over again.....
    thnak u very much
    04-17-09 11:00 AM
    FYI - just so you all know, if you get the application CrackUtil, it's quicker and does more than just remove the I.T. Policy.

Do a search on CB for it...
    04-17-09 12:40 PM
    Two yrs after this post your steps still work!! Thx! for posting!!
    04-17-09 04:39 PM
    O GofG:

Doe the same policy.bin work with all models? i.e. should this work with an 8800, too?

Darn firewall keeps me from loading Slacker (and gives me all sorts of Deny/Allow questions), yet when I try to disable the Firewall, a red dot next to "Enabled" tells me it's locked by some IT policy.

And yes, it's an 8800 from EBay...

Thanks in advance.
    04-17-09 06:37 PM
    I just registered to this site simply to say "thank you". I've become crazy looking for something like this post for months, and now that my BB has become free from the dammit leftover IT policy from my old company, I love them both again.
    No more pw paranoia! Bluetooth sync! Install & delete apps!
    Still can't believe it...
    04-20-09 12:47 PM
    hey i have a troubleshooting question...i have never had any problems installing applications before and after i tried to re-install 'epocrates' (a medical reference program), i get a message saying "the application...has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed in your IT policy"

the funny thing is that this phone was bought from verizon for personal use and i never got this message the initial time i installed epocrates so can't understand for the life of me why i suddenly am firewalled within an IT policy. Any ideas or solutions?
    04-21-09 07:51 PM
    I can see how this would be very useful information. Thank you for posting it.
    04-22-09 01:09 PM
    I have an 8830 that I was allowed to keep when I was laid off. It had an IT policy that restricted the use of bluetooth, forced the password to be at least 8 characters, removed media card support, etc.
    I used your procedure and it removed the IT policy. I can now use bluetooth devices and have a media card installed that works. However, it forces me to change the security password every 4 days. Any idea what I can do about this/ If I had a choice, I would change it every 3 months.
    04-22-09 01:33 PM
    True BBNewbie posting for first time! Had red padlock issue on my new 8330. Took it to Verizon Store to have remove last week and they couldn't I just got off phone with data support and they couldn't. After messing around i noticed that my media card was security password and device enabled. That generates that padlock on security password. Check to see if you have media card security enabled. See if that works for some of you. It did for me and I'm on the BIS.
    04-22-09 01:51 PM
    I have a new blackberry 8330 and I noticed when I got it that it has an IT lock on it. Having to type a password every time it times out is driving me crazy. I noticed you have a system for it but it is windows based, I have a Mac. Is there a program I can do to remove it from my Mac? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    04-25-09 07:40 PM
    I have a new blackberry 8330 and I noticed when I got it that it has an IT lock on it. Having to type a password every time it times out is driving me crazy. I noticed you have a system for it but it is windows based, I have a Mac. Is there a program I can do to remove it from my Mac? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    If it were "new" as you said, it shouldn't of come with an IT policy in the first place. If you "found" it, I would suggest handing it over to the carrier. But in the off chance that it does belong to you, did you try to hook it up at work? Where I used to work, we had a user who tried to sync his personal BB, which was a 8220, with his Outlook. On top of the fact that we don't allow that, the IT policy carried over to the device. We had to remove it from the BES and reinitialize his company issued device. Your IT department has to remove it for you.

Please forgive me if it does indeed belong to you. It's that we get many people who try to con us into believing it's theirs.
    04-25-09 08:38 PM
    @vrepair: i'd be interested to your solution to that problem as well.. my cousin got a bb like that..
    04-27-09 04:49 AM
    hi i have just bought an 8703e off ebay and when i got it i charge it up and turned it on but bb messenger is block by some sort of it policy i download the policy file and did as it said in the first blog. but nothing happed after i followed info and under policy info it says default i have not yet turn the phone on through alltel yet but does that matter?
    04-29-09 10:05 PM
    I tried the solution offered in this post but it only goes so far. If you had issues with bluetooth sync, or firewall locks, they will probably not be solved. The IT policy attached in this post was probably compiled on an older version of the BES IT policy tools and does not address all possible issues of a more recent IT policy stuck on your BB. I tried it and was not fully satisfied.

Best solution I found was to "resettofactory" the blackberry using JL_Cmder.
    The full procedure is described on blackberryforums.com, search "67224-remove-policy.html"

To learn more about JL_Cmdr check blackberryfaq.com and search "How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder?" but DO NOT FOLLOW the Wipe process, rather the Reset to Factory process as indicated in the paragraph above. Maybe Wipe is just as good but I have not tested it.

Too bad I cannot paste links.
    Best of luck.
    05-01-09 09:00 AM
    Just as a note, I have not tried the Jl_Cmdr process however here is what happened to me. I have my own personal BB 8830 WE and I wanted to get my work email (Outlook) on the BB so I made the mistake of connecting to my laptop at the office while on the network which downloaded the IT policy. The policy is a nightmare and no one could figure out how to get it off at VZ. Finally our IT guy sent me a bin file and once I reconnected to the desktop manager it removed the policy. This may not be feasible for everyone or anyone but just thought I would share
    05-01-09 09:35 AM
    Sweet! Great post.
    05-01-09 09:52 AM
    you saved me, worked like a charm, thanks for posting the procedure!
    05-01-09 09:01 PM
    O GofG:

Doe the same policy.bin work with all models? i.e. should this work with an 8800, too?

Darn firewall keeps me from loading Slacker (and gives me all sorts of Deny/Allow questions), yet when I try to disable the Firewall, a red dot next to "Enabled" tells me it's locked by some IT policy.

And yes, it's an 8800 from EBay...

Thanks in advance.
    i have the EXACT issue, got my 8830 off ebay and i cant figure out how to remove the damn red lock firewall, tried a wipe and restore and still screws up....will try other suggestions posters have here....sigh
    05-05-09 03:14 PM
    Here's my problem I bought a bold and it had an IT Policy on it well I used jl_commander and did the resttofactory and it took the policy off but the firewall is still on here..is there anyway to get the firewall to disable..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 03:46 PM
    I removed the IT Policy on an 8310, reset to factory defaults, unlocked it, but I'm getting an error message that reads: "Phone Not Allowed MM6". Antenna shows "SOS". Before it was unlocked, it said "Invalid SIM". I got the phone from a corporate liquidation, so I don't have much recourse. Hoping to make it more than just a fancy paperweight. Anyone have any suggestions?
    05-06-09 11:18 PM
    I just would like to send a thanks out for posting the removal of IT Policy. I purchased by phone from a girl and realized I could not use it because of the IT Policy. I sucessfully removed it using your site. However, I went to download a You Mail Voice Appt to my phone and now I have a message saying The application YouMail has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT Policy. I can not use the phone now. I can not get into anything to even wipe it out. Please help
    05-11-09 03:15 PM
    I just would like to send a thanks out for posting the removal of IT Policy. I purchased by phone from a girl and realized I could not use it because of the IT Policy. I sucessfully removed it using your site. However, I went to download a You Mail Voice Appt to my phone and now I have a message saying The application YouMail has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT Policy. I can not use the phone now. I can not get into anything to even wipe it out. Please help
    If you use the java loader which is downloadable from this site somewhere, I cannot direct you to it you will have to do a search. The exact same thing happen with me. It had an IT policy on it, I used the javaloader to reset it to factory setting and reinstalled the OS and my applications that I had backup'ed. It remove the red padlock and I had no IT policy. But when I wanted to installed an application I used the DM(4.6) and the IT policy and the red padlock returned, to make a long story short and I went through all the steps once more to reset to factory settings but this time I restored everything using the apploader not the DM. The IT policy and red padlock is gone and has not returned. It is a known issue that I have found if you remove the IT policy and connect again to the Desktop Manager the IT policy will return.

Some may beg to differ but this has happened more times than I have fingers and toes,( have friends who has pre owned Blackberries and I will installed something on their phone using the DM and viola the IT policy has returned.) so I eschew the DM altogether and load any apps or whatever using the apploader. That is my solution and it works for me.
    05-11-09 03:26 PM
494 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD