Ironelis contreras
    06-29-13 07:54 PM
    After recently acquiring a BB Bold 9000, I found your instructions for removing the IT Policy. After running it, not only was the IT Policy was not removed, but any attempt to sync my contacts ends with the error "A program error occurred at line 1548 in .\OIAccess.cpp.", which wasn't happening before. I've restored the computer to a point before I ran this procedure, I've run it on a different computer, and I've updated the device s/w, all to no avail. I've since successfully removed the IT Policy using the Reset to Factory Settings function in BB Desktop, but the error persists. Note that I'm able to sync the calendar, just not the contacts.

I'm running desktop s/w v7.1.0.41, and device s/w v4.6.0.303 (upgraded from 162).

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to solve this problem?
    08-20-13 05:11 PM
    hi ive brought a blackberry bold 9700 any ideas how 2 remove the IT policy as im not able 2 use blackberry world or any apps vodafone have tryed 2 help me by updating my software but didnt help
    11-08-13 01:20 PM
    hi ive brought a blackberry bold 9700 any ideas how 2 remove the IT policy as im not able 2 use blackberry world or any apps vodafone have tryed 2 help me by updating my software but didnt help
    First of all, you need BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.1 on your computer. This is very important. You need to back up your phone to the computer first.
    (This is a process, so it will take you about an hour, so don't try it if you don't have the time.)

Archived RIM Desktop Software - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Then follow the steps from this thread. It will completely wipe your device, but it removes the IT policy.

http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop...anager-693936/
    11-08-13 03:48 PM
    Denise - I'm not sure that's exactly responsive to his post. He needs the procedure to do a full wipe, then a security wipe. In the very least, just a security wipe.

Wayne - have you tried a security wipe?
    11-08-13 03:53 PM
    Denise - I'm not sure that's exactly responsive to his post. He needs the procedure to do a full wipe, then a security wipe. In the very least, just a security wipe.

Wayne - have you tried a security wipe?
    Read my post again. I clearly said the phone will be fully wiped. The wipe will remove the I.T. Policy, and reset the phone to its factory initial OS.

Posted using the Diva's Z
    11-09-13 12:21 AM
    There should be an option on the phone to reset to factory defaults, which will remove the IT policy.
    11-09-13 11:18 AM
    There should be an option on the phone to reset to factory defaults, which will remove the IT policy.
    IT policies exist primarily to prevent such options on the device.

Posted using the Diva's Z
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-09-13 11:39 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

From your device, go to Options \ Security Options \ General Settings. Once in there, what's near the bottom, on that screen, above 'services'?
    I see [BBM_P2P] (3DES)

does this mean my fone has IT Policy active?
    12-07-13 03:35 AM
    i have this TIM branded curve 8900 i just bought and i've subscribed to a BIS plan but i can not browse. I can send PIN messages and can recieve too but can't browse. Pls note that the app world doesn't open also. Can this be as a result of an I.T policy? Either ways pls can anyone give me some heads up? Thanks
    02-14-14 01:48 AM
    i have this TIM branded curve 8900 i just bought and i've subscribed to a BIS plan but i can not browse. I can send PIN messages and can recieve too but can't browse. Pls note that the app world doesn't open also. Can this be as a result of an I.T policy? Either ways pls can anyone give me some heads up? Thanks
    First of all, you need BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.1 on your computer.

Use the the information in the thread posted below to check if you have an IT policy.

02-14-14 06:24 PM
    It is nice to see after so many years that this thread is still growing strong.

It will be interesting to see of with BB10 if removing a policy will be so 'difficult'.

Interesting times ahead.
    So on that note...will a security wipe remove the IT policy from a Q10? will the data that is currently on the device if restored will it also restore the policy. I know I know...sounds bad but I'm asking for a friend...really.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-18-14 06:19 PM
    OK, forget it. Turns out she says it's a bold and not a q...i have some reading to do.

02-18-14 06:26 PM
    First of all, you need BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.1 on your computer.

Use the the information in the thread posted below to check if you have an IT policy.

OK, forget it. Turns out she says it's a bold and not a q...i have some reading to do.

The Desktop Manager v 6.1 will remove the IT policy from a Bold.
    02-18-14 06:51 PM
    Thx Denise, I saw some info on here and found a video on YouTube, I'll fix her up tomorrow

02-18-14 10:30 PM
    Hi. Noob here.

For step 5, is alright that instead of:
    "HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager"

I placed the string in:
    "HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Manager" ?

The folder "PolicyManager" does not exist.

And I don't have a CD for the device manager since I bought it 2nd hand. The link you provided to led me to the BB website but I don't know which software version I should download.

I tried downloading the "BlackBerry Desktop Software (Windows OS ) > BlackBerry Device Manager ENG (DM700 B44)" but the application is found in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\RIMDeviceManager". There is another folder in the program files: "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry" but it only contains a picture of the BB logo and a readme file.
    Is this how it's supposed to be when I install the software? Is the latter folder where I am supposed to place "policy.bin"?

Also, when I click the app, nothing happens. No device manager pops out.

I hope you can help me with this. Thanks!
    02-22-14 08:25 PM
    Hi. Noob here.

For step 5, is alright that instead of:
    "HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager"

I placed the string in:
    "HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Manager" ?

The folder "PolicyManager" does not exist.

And I don't have a CD for the device manager since I bought it 2nd hand. The link you provided to led me to the BB website but I don't know which software version I should download.

I tried downloading the "BlackBerry Desktop Software (Windows OS ) > BlackBerry Device Manager ENG (DM700 B44)" but the application is found in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\RIMDeviceManager". There is another folder in the program files: "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry" but it only contains a picture of the BB logo and a readme file.
    Is this how it's supposed to be when I install the software? Is the latter folder where I am supposed to place "policy.bin"?

Also, when I click the app, nothing happens. No device manager pops out.

I hope you can help me with this. Thanks!
    02-22-14 08:25 PM
    after the services what i saw was "Secure GC enabled" that is with my Blackberry 8300
    03-22-14 02:37 PM
    i cannot connect my blackberry to my computer using a USB cable
    03-22-14 02:47 PM
494 ... 181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD