Ive got a bb 8900, this worked great for me. Thanks so much for posting it!
    06-06-12 03:52 PM
    can this be done without wipe?
    06-30-12 03:22 AM
    Great information. Thank you so much. I have question :

If I go through the process and get rid of the IT policy on my Pearl will I have to redo the enterprise activation
    06-30-12 02:30 PM
    Guys, I found a much easier way to accomplish what i was trying to do. I was only trying to remove the IT policy from my old company phone. All i did was download desktop manager software 6.1. Connected the phone to desktop manager and went to the ? (help button) in the upper right hand corner. Navigate to Support Resources>Support Tools. Select "Reset to factory settings" and its all automated from there! The only prerequisite is that ur on BB OS 4.3 or newer.
    this worked for me also. great!!!!
    Thanks
    07-06-12 10:07 AM
    Hi,your posting is nice and clear thanks
    07-06-12 02:45 PM
    So, my phone says IT Policy: Enabled. However, I can use every single feature without a problem. Also, I'm on BIS. Is this normal?
    07-12-12 10:49 AM
    So, my phone says IT Policy: Enabled. However, I can use every single feature without a problem. Also, I'm on BIS. Is this normal?
    I'm guessing you're on one of the newer version of 7.1 (.402 or higher). This appears to be normal and part of the parental controls they added to the OS.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    07-13-12 12:27 AM
    Procedure
    Step 1 Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.

If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here.

Step 2 Download the file policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).
    Step 3 Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device.

If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest Desktop Manger Software, then the latest Handheld Software. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4 Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.
    Step 5 From the Windows Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin
    Step 6 Open the Desktop Manager.
    Step 7 Connect the Device.

Verification
    Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

I've used this on my 8700g, & my 8100 Pearl, and it works!

***use as is, and am not responsible for data loss, or BlackBerry / PC corruption! Also, you could get dismissed for doing this!

FYI - Removing the I.T. Policy is really more for people that have bought a BlackBerry on eBay or something, and it came with an I.T. Policy and thus they can't install anything...***
    Hi,
    I bought my Pearl 9105 from the company I worked for. I was unaware about the IT policy and cannot load or change anything on the phone. Will this procedure to remove the IT policy work for my phone type?
    Thanks.
    08-23-12 06:25 AM
    Hi,
    I bought my Pearl 9105 from the company I worked for. I was unaware about the IT policy and cannot load or change anything on the phone. Will this procedure to remove the IT policy work for my phone type?
    Thanks.
    The following method worked for my 9100. Make a current backup of your phone since you will wipe the phone. Also use BBSAK to backup third party themes/apps.

Guys, I found a much easier way to accomplish what i was trying to do. I was only trying to remove the IT policy from my old company phone. All i did was download desktop manager software 6.1. Connected the phone to desktop manager and went to the ? (help button) in the upper right hand corner. Navigate to Support Resources>Support Tools. Select "Reset to factory settings" and its all automated from there! The only prerequisite is that ur on BB OS 4.3 or newer.
    08-23-12 07:34 AM
    I'm guessing you're on one of the newer version of 7.1 (.402 or higher). This appears to be normal and part of the parental controls they added to the OS.
    I own a new 9320, no BES, and under IT policy I see my Yahoo mail account (followeb by [BISE07...])
    It looks like that this policy is preventing my phone to get updated. On my mac, I get "BlackBerry Desktop Software could not connect to the update server" each time I connect my phone. There's a KB which suggests a solution, KB27584, but applies only to BES.
    Am I missing something? Do I have to wait for my carrier to release an update? What would happen if my carrier didn't support my phone at all?

Sorry for merging two different subjects, but I think they're somewhat related.
    Thanks.
    08-29-12 10:38 AM
    Hi, dose not work on my 9780.... I moved to iPhone but decided to buy a BB as I was missing it so much . I bought a 9780 without checking if the phone is on BES or BIS. It's on BES unfortunately and in email settings it asks me to enter enterprise email account only!!!
    Called my operator 4 times -the answer is to wait while they send me the correct settings. I'm waiting 5days so far and still can't set up any of my emails to run on my BB. BB app world dose not working as well. I can't find HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager . What should I do? Any ideas?
    Thanks a lot

PS the device was locked on different operator and I unlocked it
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 09-12-12 at 11:02 PM. Reason: iToy
    09-12-12 01:06 AM
    Hi, dose not work on my 9780.... I moved to iPhone but decided to buy a BB as I was missing it so much . I bought a 9780 without checking if the phone is on BES or BIS. It's on BES unfortunately and in email settings it asks me to enter enterprise email account only!!!
    Called my operator 4 times -the answer is to wait while they send me the correct settings. I'm waiting 5days so far and still can't set up any of my emails to run on my BB. BB app world dose not working as well. I can't find HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager . What should I do? Any ideas?
    Thanks a lot

PS the device was locked on different operator and I unlocked it
    You should be able to wipe it. Personally I use http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/. Have an OS downloaded, installed and prepped, and once the phone is wiped load the OS, contact your carrier, and have the phone activated on their system. That would send your service books, so you can set up your service. Right now it sounds as if you're running on the previous owner's.
    09-12-12 10:57 PM
    Thanks, I contacted my operator and they finally sent me new settings and the phone works perfect now. Thanks for the answer. I'm back in the community with Bold 9780! Really happy after spending some time with the iToy.

Thank you
    Regards
    09-14-12 03:59 PM
    Hi, I have a BB 9780 and where I am there is no access to BES or BIS!
    So I can only have phone calls and send/recieve text messages and Internet is available only through WiFi!
    Is there any way to enable browser through gprs/edge/3g?
    With no WiFi the browser says: "Browsing over cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web you must use Wi-Fi or contact your service provider to change your service plan."
    When I want to use gtalk or any messenger provided with the phone it says (Even when the Wi-Fi connected): "Service is not enabled for this handheld."
    The Social Feeds is telling: "An IT Policy is preveventing this application running. Please consult your administrator"
    Is ther any way for me to servive?!!
    10-19-12 01:30 AM
    Hi, I have a BB 9780 and where I am there is no access to BES or BIS!
    So I can only have phone calls and send/recieve text messages and Internet is available only through WiFi!
    Is there any way to enable browser through gprs/edge/3g?
    With no WiFi the browser says: "Browsing over cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web you must use Wi-Fi or contact your service provider to change your service plan."
    When I want to use gtalk or any messenger provided with the phone it says (Even when the Wi-Fi connected): "Service is not enabled for this handheld."
    The Social Feeds is telling: "An IT Policy is preveventing this application running. Please consult your administrator"
    Is ther any way for me to servive?!!
    Most services are meant to run through the RIM servers. Without a BlackBerry data plan, that's not possible. You can use a 3rd party browser, such as Opera Mini, when on your carrier's data, but only the app prompting "Contact your. BES administrator" will work after removing the IT policy.
    mahdix92 likes this.
    10-19-12 06:30 AM
    I get a lot of questions about how to remove an I.T. Policy. BlackBerry\RIM have made the process much easier, especially for people that don't have access to BES.

See here: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14202

Option number four is what would be needed for most everyday users
    10-28-12 07:43 AM
    (I can not find "Policy manager "in this Path (HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager
    12-24-12 10:44 AM
    (I can not find "Policy manager "in this Path (HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager
    That's thankfully no longer necessary. You can see the post above yours, or simply open Desktop, click the ? on the right, chose "Reset to Factory" and then start over.
    12-24-12 03:07 PM
    It is nice to see after so many years that this thread is still growing strong.

It will be interesting to see of with BB10 if removing a policy will be so 'difficult'.

Interesting times ahead.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-27-12 12:33 AM
    i have a problem with my bb 9000..
    it cannot compose sms / reply sms..
    but it still can receive sms..

when i check my phone, i found out that the it policy has disabled my sms compose setting..
    so , may i ask, how to enabled my 'compose sms'..

p/s : by the way, i just bought that phone from a person, not from shop..i didn't fully check that phone

Remove an I.T. Policy from a BlackBerry...-img-20130204-wa000.jpg

Remove an I.T. Policy from a BlackBerry...-img-20130204-wa000-1-.jpg
    Last edited by virgogurl88; 02-04-13 at 09:08 AM.
    02-04-13 08:52 AM
    First of all, you need BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.1 on your computer. This is very important. You need to back up your phone to the computer first.
    (This is a process, so it will take you about an hour, so don't try it if you don't have the time.)

Archived RIM Desktop Software - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Then follow the steps from this thread. It will completely wipe your device, but it removes the IT policy.

http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop...anager-693936/
    02-04-13 05:22 PM
    Within a CLI;

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader\loader.exe /resettofactory

Run that twice.

No need for BDM.

You may need to download and install the Apploader for the device, as if you were updating the device OS.

BlackBerry - Desktop & Device Software Download Sites for BlackBerry users - Canada
    02-05-13 10:54 AM

i found this one helpful, removed it policy, unlocked, and solved issues with soft and others that i have in my blackberry.
    04-02-13 12:44 PM
    s10n20s - You are my hero!!! I have been trying to remove an old security policy for months on my Curve 8900 the old policy.bin way with no success on Windows 7. With your directions and less than 5 minutes time I feel like I have been freed from the tyrant of a lengthy password and a 2 minute screen lock!!! THANK YOU. This works and is the simplest way forward to clear out the old security restrictions -- on my personal (formally corporate) phone.
    04-03-13 01:16 PM
    Procedure
    Step 1 Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.

If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here.

Step 2 Download the file policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).
    Step 3 Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device.

If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest Desktop Manger Software, then the latest Handheld Software. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4 Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.
    Step 5 From the Windows Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin
    Step 6 Open the Desktop Manager.
    Step 7 Connect the Device.

Verification
    Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

I've used this on my 8700g, & my 8100 Pearl, and it works!

***use as is, and am not responsible for data loss, or BlackBerry / PC corruption! Also, you could get dismissed for doing this!

FYI - Removing the I.T. Policy is really more for people that have bought a BlackBerry on eBay or something, and it came with an I.T. Policy and thus they can't install anything...***
    06-29-13 07:52 PM
494 ... 17181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD